By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo retreating from mobile

You just wait until Nintendogs releases.

Around the Network

Nintendo wasn't really making much money on their mobile games anyways and most of their smartphones games fell short of their financial expectations, I'm not surprised Nintendo would shift more of it's focus away from the smartphone market, especially when Nintendo is doing just fine financially with one platform the Switch where Nintendo is likely to make far more money in the dedicated handheld console business than the competitive mobile game business.

I didn't even know Nintendo made Dragalia Lost.

Sad, but it is Nintendo, they do things at their own pace... Still waiting on a Nintendo 64 Classic, Nintendo. Hint Hint.
Although, can't say I am much of a mobile gamer anyway, so no real loss for me as an individual.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I think their mobile game worked in the sense they reminded people of said franchises (MK, Mario, Animal crossing) and made them want to purchase the whole console instead.

The mobile world is a dark place now i feel like most games i play have adds every 3 seconds and it's not enjoyable at all anymore.

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Sad, but it is Nintendo, they do things at their own pace... Still waiting on a Nintendo 64 Classic, Nintendo. Hint Hint.
Although, can't say I am much of a mobile gamer anyway, so no real loss for me as an individual.

No N64 classic.  N64 games on Switch Online with online multiplayer is where it's at.

JWeinCom said:
Pemalite said:

No N64 classic.  N64 games on Switch Online with online multiplayer is where it's at.

But that hasn't happened either.

But why not both? There is a NES Classic and a SNES Classic and Switch Online supports both those consoles too.

I remember when people thought or were wishing for Nintendo to go mobile lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pemalite said:
JWeinCom said:

But why not both? There is a NES Classic and a SNES Classic and Switch Online supports both those consoles too.

You expect Nintendo to release an N64 classic AND release N64 games online?  You act as though Nintendo likes money and does logical things in pursuit of that money...

JWeinCom said:
Pemalite said:

You expect Nintendo to release an N64 classic AND release N64 games online?  You act as though Nintendo likes money and does logical things in pursuit of that money...

I don't expect anything.
It's what I would like to see though. Nintendo does what Nintendo does afterall...