Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Reveal breaks nearly all social media records (Twitch, Youtube streaming, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter)

I've known of rumored cases where the stream cured some people's cancer.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
Bonzinga said:
I mean its good and all, however Sony did strangle the audience by keeping them waiting for so long too.

It was inline with the PS4 reveal which was June 10th 2013. The only reason why people say the wait was longer this time was because MS showed their box first and the Corona had everyone bored in their homes. Plus, people are less patient in 2020 as they want instant gratification all the time. We even seen this when they postponed the event for the #blacklivesmatter movement. There was a lot of negativity on forums for that.

We all knew the box and games were coming in Holiday 2020 as they reiterated time after time. The wait wasn't any longer this time around. The problem wasn't with Sony, the problem was with bored, impatient, toxic like Karen gamers who troll the internet if you don't immediately give them what they want when they want it. 

Very good social media reception.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

AbbathTheGrim said:

God bless Sony.

AbbathTheGrim said:

That would only barely upset the people who got cancer from the 30fps video.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
finalrpgfantasy said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

God bless Sony.

Better start worshiping Sony instead of god because they do seem to get shit done.

vivster said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

That would only barely upset the people who got cancer from the 30fps video.

Yes

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

The vast interconnection between social media and our lives is so intricate with each other that it doesn't surprise me anymore. It's growing and expanding as usual so it won't be surprising when these records will get beaten in the future too.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Dulfite said:
I'd imagine this is more an indication of how well liked their current device is rather than Ps5. If PS4 tanked then 5 wouldn't get this much attention, but because it had amazing sales everyone was interested in what was coming next. I'd more so be interested in seeing what percentage of those viewers was pleased with what they saw, as I've seen a lot of people commenting on how few original games it will have at launch as well as the design of the console (I've also seen a lot that like the design). Just curious!

Some of the best selling movies, for example, are very unpopular but sold so many tickets because the previous one was so good.

You sure about that?! I mean the Wii U was a failure commercially, yet everyone was talking about getting a Switch. It also broke internet records as well. Now look at it. It's absolutely killing it in sales.

PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

The fact that there is no E3 this year and this was pretty much the only video game thing to watch, people def tuned in.

That SW reveal sitting pretty at 43 millions omg

Rafie said:
Dulfite said:
I'd imagine this is more an indication of how well liked their current device is rather than Ps5. If PS4 tanked then 5 wouldn't get this much attention, but because it had amazing sales everyone was interested in what was coming next. I'd more so be interested in seeing what percentage of those viewers was pleased with what they saw, as I've seen a lot of people commenting on how few original games it will have at launch as well as the design of the console (I've also seen a lot that like the design). Just curious!

Some of the best selling movies, for example, are very unpopular but sold so many tickets because the previous one was so good.

You sure about that?! I mean the Wii U was a failure commercially, yet everyone was talking about getting a Switch. It also broke internet records as well. Now look at it. It's absolutely killing it in sales.

Nintendo is an outlier. At this point people just expect then to have successes followed by failures followed by successes. NES was success, SNES less so, N64 less so, GameCube less so, Wii success, Wii U less so, Switch success.

Handhelds: Gameboy success, GB color less so, Gameboy Advanced success, DS success, 3ds less so.

In total there is quite the fluctuation here between them doing better or worse from the previous gen, especially in the last 4 gens.

And I am not arguing people wouldn't buy the PS5 if they didn't like PS4, I was simply saying I don't think the reveal video would have had as many initial views had the PS4 not been so popular. There could have been millions watching that hated it for all we know, or not.