By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Reveal breaks nearly all social media records (Twitch, Youtube streaming, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter)

Why are we denying that having a strong social media response can help sales?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Why are we denying that having a strong social media response can help sales?

Because one post doesn't like the idea that PS5 is looking to have a record breaking launch.

Despite the fact both MS and Sony have had a really weak reveal.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Sony's reveal has been the very opposite of weak. Its broken every record there is.

src said:
Leynos said:

Sony's reveal has been the very opposite of weak. Its broken every record there is.

IDGAF. It was boring. MS was boring. Sony was boring. Mediocrity is often rewarded in society anyway. Both had a mediocre showing.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
src said:

IDGAF. It was boring. MS was boring. Sony was boring. Mediocrity is often rewarded in society anyway. Both had a mediocre showing.

Excellence is often rewarded even more in society. Seems like your perception simply does not line up with reality.

By an measurable objective metric, ratings post conference, views, likes, consumer sentiment, PS5's event was a slam dunk.

src said:
Leynos said:

Excellence is often rewarded even more in society. Seems like your perception simply does not line up with reality.

By an measurable objective metric, ratings post conference, views, likes, consumer sentiment, PS5's event was a slam dunk.

Yeah with a Playstation avatar I'm sure you have no bias. Yes, that's why modern music is so shit yet so popular and why people reward terrible Star Wars films. Awful Transformers films. Why Fartnite is such a hit is it's such an excellent well crafted POS. Why AAAAAAA industry is doing so well despite most AAAAAAAA games being a money-grubbing pile of shit. People follow brands, not quality. Otherwise, FFXV would be a failure. TLOUII would tank for its trash writing and laughable attempt at morality. Why Skyward Sword and Mario Kart Wii sold well or people buying those terrible NSMB games. Why modern WWE gets 2 million people to watch per week even tho it's trash. Why reality shows exist. Why people pay high prices to buy Supreme garbage. People follow brands.

Once again both Sony and MS were

Leynos said:
src said:

Yeah with a Playstation avatar I'm sure you have no bias. Yes, that's why modern music is so shit yet so popular and why people reward terrible Star Wars films. Awful Transformers films. Why Fartnite is such a hit is it's such an excellent well crafted POS. Why AAAAAAA industry is doing so well despite most AAAAAAAA games being a money-grubbing pile of shit. People follow brands, not quality. Otherwise, FFXV would be a failure. TLOUII would tank for its trash writing and laughable attempt at morality. Why Skyward Sword and Mario Kart Wii sold well or people buying those terrible NSMB games. Why modern WWE gets 2 million people to watch per week even tho it's trash. Why reality shows exist. Why people pay high prices to buy Supreme garbage. People follow brands.

You thinking it is boring or whatever is your right, but trying to deny data that show public perception was favorable and then calling other one biased for it is very bad on you.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
Marth said:

Just FYI if a video gets put as an advertisement before other Youtube videos, which is something Nintendo Sony and everone else does, the views of the ad count to the trailer views.

So high view counts can just mean it got pushed a lot as ad.

Labo has nearly the same amount of like as BOTW Indicated both were sharing the same amount of users engagement and yet BOTW outsold Labo greatly. 

Still, using YouTube and social media views to say game A will sell more than game B based on that is ridiculous. 

Only sales is the absolute metric to measure the users engagement and definitely not the free social media like and view.

I agree with this, although I don't see Labo as its best demonstration, as Labo looks to me like a case apart: a really great concept sadly plagued by implementations that didn't fulfil the expectations. BTW, as the implementations were considered by many little more that tech demos, probably pricing them much lower could have increased their acceptance and opened the way towards more satisfying ones, turning the Labo concept into the success it wasn't.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

DonFerrari said:
Leynos said:

You thinking it is boring or whatever is your right, but trying to deny data that show public perception was favorable and then calling other one biased for it is very bad on you.

They reward mediocrity. whoopee. The number is not the end-all. Just tells a part.  You really think even a 3rd of those people care about Demon Souls or will be playing NBA2k $70 with MTX. It will be NBA2k