By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Reveal breaks nearly all social media records (Twitch, Youtube streaming, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter)

Nintendo deleting streams actually cut their views more than half most of the time.

Either way, youtube views don’t translate to sales lol. Esp Sony games. I hate to say it but most people would rather WATCH Sony games on YouTube than buy them. Especially walkthroughs.

Around the Network

Nintendo is hugely behind Playstation in numerous metrics :

Youtube concurrent viewers
Youtube subscribers
Twitch concurrent viewers
Twitter followers
Instagram followers

They are notably beating Playstation in :

Reddit community subs

What seems equal:

Twitter engagement metrics

Although a recent PS tweet just hit 500k+ likes.

The trick with social media metrics is knowing which audience segment they relate to and how different that is to the market reality. For instance, if product A beats B in a metric that is largely followed by sector X, but sector X is a small proportion of the market then the metric is not going to match real performance.

Should be common sense but I see some posts clearly defying it.

Youtube views and pretty much social media views and likes are a joke to predict sales

12 million units sold

18 million units sold

~2 million units sold(all versions)

11 million units sold

You continue to ignore that youtube views can be propped by ads (to which you have not checked), or how as numerous people have told you, we are using multiple social media metrics not just one.

You're clearly upset that Nintendo is getting handily beat by Playstation while offering no analytical intuition.

src said:
You continue to ignore that youtube views can be propped by ads (to which you have not checked), or how as numerous people have told you, we are using multiple social media metrics not just one.

You're clearly upset that Nintendo is getting handily beat by Playstation while offering no analytical intuition.

hmm getting personal to validate your stance doesn't strengthen the point.
and the switch is doing so bad on social media its like it fell off a cliff and the sales represent that so well

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
src said:

hmm getting personal to validate your stance doesn't strengthen the point.
and the switch is doing so bad on social media its like it fell off a cliff and the sales represent that so well

SW is not doing bad on social media. It gets very high youtube views, youtube concurrent views, reddit subs and twitter likes.

As said previously, AC broke social media records on twitter and reddit.

Its just not doing as well as Playstation, though it easily beats Xbox.

Sony continues their metric record breaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TBPrYJDoDE

UI= 12M views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtMzV73NAgk&t=1s

MKBHD reviews = 11M +, overtakes iPhone 12

Teardown = 9.3M, most viewed teardown of an electronic of all time.

Last edited by src - on 08 November 2020

All of my friends want a PlayStation 5 this Year. I hope, we have it then. Cant wait of Demon Souls Remake and the new Spiderman.And Kenia + Ratchet & Clank coming in the next months too =) 2021 with the new Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 and God of War!

This was one retailer in the UK.PS5 is going to break the record for largest console launch or fastest selling.

src said:
This was one retailer in the UK.PS5 is going to break the record for largest console launch or fastest selling.

That's just crazy. I wonder what would be Ps5 numbers at launch if it wasn't sold out