By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite the Biggest Halo? Sales Prediction

Lifetime sales of Halo Infinite?

0-3 million 3 7.69%

3-6 million 9 23.08%

6-9 million 7 17.95%

9-12 million 10 25.64%

12-15 million 6 15.38%

15-18 million 0 0%

18-21 million 2 5.13%

21-24 million 1 2.56%

above 24 million 1 2.56%

Total:39

Sales by VGChartz numbers in millions

Halo Combat Evolved   6.43

Halo 2   8.49

Halo 3   12.13

Halo 3: ODST   6.3

Halo Reach   9.97

Halo 4   9.96

Halo 5: Guardians   4.92 (Online searches show more)

I wanted to get this out before Microsoft starts showing any gameplay.  With the launch of Microsoft's new Xbox Series consoles happening in about 5 months, it was confirmed that Halo would once again be brought out to accommodate a console launch which has only occurred once before with Halo Combat Evolved in 2001 with the launch of the first Xbox.  Halo 3 is the best selling game in the series and considered to be one of the greatest games of all times.

Following the acquisition of the franchise by 343 Industries sales took decline for Halo 4 and 5. By how much of decline is hard to tell with Halo 5 sales numbers hard to acquire.  Some searches show Halo 5 sales numbers quite a bit higher than VGChartz but without confirmation who's to say.  Here is an entry in the Halo 5 Wikipedia page, anecdotal only.  (In a Q&A session, in May 2017, between Michael Pachter and his audience, the gaming analyst recounted his conversation with Microsoft regarding the success of Halo 5. Contrary to popular belief, the analyst says that Microsoft told him that the title sold “on par” with games like Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4. This suggests that Halo 5 had sold at least 10 million units.)

Five years have passed since the development of the last Halo which is the longest time between Halos.  Microsoft has got to be wanting to make this their flagship game once again and appear to be doing everything they need to, to make it so.  I don't think this is going to be just another game in the series, it's going to be Halo reimagined.  This will be a longterm supported project and will bring back past Halo players, retain current ones, and open the genre to new ones.  

With a huge PC player base, 47 plus million Xbox player base, launch title for Xbox Series X, this game is going to sell great.  My prediction is Halo Infinite will sale over 22 million units lifetime.  This will be the best selling Halo. 

What are your predictions?  Breakdown between platforms? 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Don't know if it will break the record, but Halo Infinite launching along with Xbox Series X will most likely sell a lot.

I'm gonna be blindly optimistic and say 18-21 million, but at this point I'm just trying to wish the Halo I want into existence.

The first trailer gave us a glimpse of the open world and natural scenery they're looking to return to, while also adding in some new elements like wildlife and a lot more scope. It took me back to the original game and my first time landing on the big open world. I wanna re-live that fresh experience, and I'm hoping it's a sign that 343 actually understands what made Halo amazing.

Platform breakdown: ~3mil XONE ~15mil XSX ~3mil PC

Last edited by Shaunodon - on 14 June 2020

Well, it's a good question, but with gamepass being a thing it is hard to predict or even quantify in any significant way if the game will be a huge success. IMO a critical response will be a far better metric, and here 343i has a lot to prove after they clearly dropped the ball a bit when they took over the franchise from Bungie. Only time will tell if they can turn things around, and we can't say anything yet based on what we have seen, but the development time that it has behind it, bodes well.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Its coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series, and PC. Gamepass might have an effect on sales but it should still do pretty well. I'll go with ~12 million.

Around the Network

I revised my platform breakdown because 5mil is just too much for PC. Now have ~15mil on XSX alone which would outdo Halo 3. Really banking on this game dropping jaws.

Shaunodon said:
I revised my platform breakdown because 5mil is just too much for PC. Now have ~15mil on XSX alone which would outdo Halo 3. Really banking on this game dropping jaws.

I dont think the 15m on Series X is reasonable because those who buy it on Xbox One will already have it on the Series X so they wont have to rebuy it.

jason1637 said:
Shaunodon said:

I dont think the 15m on Series X is reasonable because those who buy it on Xbox One will already have it on the Series X so they wont have to rebuy it.

Ugh, you're probably right. I already voted on the poll though so I'm committed to this.

with the MCC on pc interest has become stronger again it will do very well 10m wil be a given

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Im not sure if title is intentional, but sales only is kinda a piece of the pie. We can’t track digital purchases nor Game Pass players. I think overall players is a far more accurate metric, we simply don’t just traditionally buy games like we used to anymore.

Now if we recognize this, ima say 6-10 million. Total players across Xbox generations, Pc and Game Pass? That’s tougher but I’ll say 15-20 million. It’s gonna Pass Halo 3 and to me that’s the biggest win MS can hope for

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.