By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Infinite the Biggest Halo? Sales Prediction

Lifetime sales of Halo Infinite?

0-3 million 3 7.69%

3-6 million 9 23.08%

6-9 million 7 17.95%

9-12 million 10 25.64%

12-15 million 6 15.38%

15-18 million 0 0%

18-21 million 2 5.13%

21-24 million 1 2.56%

above 24 million 1 2.56%

Total:39

Then we have the rumor that the entire MP is free to play. If that’s the case, given the Xbox ecosystem isn’t confined to a single platform....oh boy.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I wanted to get this out there one more time before the show next week for anyone wanting to cast some blind votes. Will revisit after the show on Thursday.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Giving how it was underwhelming, graphically wise, and how it is available in game pass. I would say no more than 3 million. Mainly due to game pass.

TheRealOne said:
Giving how it was underwhelming, graphically wise, and how it is available in game pass. I would say no more than 3 million. Mainly due to game pass.

Yeah the game pass may have some effect on sales.  The graphics from the 8 minute demo was from a 4 month ago build and it wasn't running on the Series X.  It was running from a mid-spec PC used for tools and debugging, not designed for gameplay.  Not sure why they chose to do that considering they needed to show their flagship launch game in a positive light.  The shorter trailer showed a difference in textures that relates to the more time spent on the game.  I'm not happy with them trying to use the Coronavirus as an excuse either because this project has been worked on for 5 years.  Hopefully we get some updated gameplay demos and see some multi-player.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Who would buy this when it's basicly free?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
eva01beserk said:
Who would buy this when it's basicly free?

I mean, you could say the same for other games that Microsoft has released the last few years, as all of them were on Gamepass as well. And yet Rare claimed Sea of Thieves was about 50/50 sales/gamepass at one point. Minecraft Dungeons was at the top of the bestsellers list on XB1 for good while after release. Not everybody is interested in Gamepass, and wants to own an actual copy of a game. 

After that showcase I think thats coming to an end. I think they where promoting gamepass and not the Xbox. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Of actual sales. 3-8 million. With game pass maybe 13-15 million players but the game itself won't sell a ton at full price. Just doing a lazy open world is not the problem solver for a series losing relevance. Didn't help Gears 5 either. They need to re-invent the mechanics and series to gain new fans. Otherwise just clinging onto an existing fanbase that is declining.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Sales are irrelevant now thanks to GamePass. And if they wall multiplayer behind GamePass it will muddy the sales numbers even more.

Accounting for Game Pass, rumours of F2P and recent events, 3-6mil looks like the safe bet.

Their comments about this being an ongoing platform for the future of Halo while not giving out any concrete details, especially for multiplayer, just makes predicting even worse. It's also eroding my optimism.

I'll go with 9-12 million. I think if it launches on Steam it will have very strong sales. No Steam release then I'll drop my prediction to 6-9 million range.