By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 will far outsell Xbox Series X, predicts analyst - what's yours ?

Tagged games:

What do you think

I am agree 50 57.47%

I have my own prediction 7 8.05%

I am slightly agree 10 11.49%

Yes , but 6 6.90%

No i am totally not agree 7 8.05%

Lets see and wait 7 8.05%

Total:87

PS5 is going to dominate XBSX more than PS4 dominating XB1

PS4 LTD : 130 million
XB1 LTD: 60 million

People keep making the mistake of acting like the new gen is a fresh slate. Its not. Those 130 million PS4 users are going to be more inclined to go PS5 simply due to the PSN compatabillity. Same for XB1 but the key difference is how can either side attract the other side?

Playstations first party is far far stronger than XB so I see more XB1 users going to PS5 than PS4 users going to XBSX. The hardcore audience is relatively stable:

PS2+GC+XB = 200 million
PS3+360 = 180 million
PS3+360+Wii = 280 million
PS4+ WiiU+XB1 (projected LTD) = 205 million
PS4+XB1 = 190 million

Around the Network
src said:

People keep making the mistake of acting like the new gen is a fresh slate. Its not. Those 130 million PS4 users are going to be more inclined to go PS5 simply due to the PSN compatabillity. Same for XB1 but the key difference is how can either side attract the other side?

Playstations first party is far far stronger than XB so I see more XB1 users going to PS5 than PS4 users going to XBSX. The hardcore audience is relatively stable:

PS2+GC+XB = 200 million
PS3+360 = 180 million
PS4+XB1 = 190 million

I have to agree. The Xbox decline dint start in 2013. It started in 2010 when the exclusive lineup almost completely disappeared. 

I don't think its price we have to worrie about. Unless its something drastic like the ps3, it should be almost no issue. The only info we really need is what games do xbox has still to anounce. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Of course PlayStation will win against Xbox. That's like a battle between Coca-Cola and Pepsi. Sure, Pepsi sells here and there, but to most people only Coke is "the real deal". It's the same with Playstation when it comes to gaming.

Especially in japan and europe. Xbox basically doesn't sell at all there. So poor Xbox only has the US. I'm sure It Will do fine, but It simply doesn't have any Chance at all to reach Playstation levels of sales.

Nintendo will outsell both PS5 and XSX combined though.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I really doubt that XSX will outsell PS5. That being said I do see the gap shrinking from XBO vs PS4 and I forsee MS taking back certain markets like the US and UK.

eva01beserk said:
src said:

PS2+GC+XB = 200 million
PS3+360 = 180 million
PS4+XB1 = 190 million

I have to agree. The Xbox decline dint start in 2013. It started in 2010 when the exclusive lineup almost completely disappeared. 

That make no sense, 2011 was the best year 360 ever had and 2012 was as good as 2009/2008

Around the Network
Ryng said:
eva01beserk said:

That make no sense, 2011 was the best year 360 ever had and 2012 was as good as 2009/2008

He/she means their first party lineup.

Bungie left Halo.

Epic started to leave Gears of War.

Rare became a Kinect studio.

Lionhead had continued troubles and Peter Molyneux left soon after.

Need to see the prices first.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Ryng said:
eva01beserk said:

Xbox 360 was starting a downward motion but Kinect made it rebounce.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I am also sure that the PS5 will sell much better. The PS5 will again get the largest game support from the West and Japan, just as it has over the past 8 years with the PS4.
And the PS5 has more new interesting hardware features @controller, 3D audio, the extremely powerful SSD ect

I think it will be something like this:

PS5 - 110 mln
XSX - 75 mln