By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 will far outsell Xbox Series X, predicts analyst - what's yours ?

Tagged games:

What do you think

I am agree 50 57.47%

I have my own prediction 7 8.05%

I am slightly agree 10 11.49%

Yes , but 6 6.90%

No i am totally not agree 7 8.05%

Lets see and wait 7 8.05%

Total:87
RolStoppable said:
vonny said:

Why xbox has been cheaper than the ps4 for the majority of the generation and it's been smashed in sales.

Not sure why people are saying the xbox will do better this time since theyre not making mistakes, to gain back market they've lost they have to win people back not just "not stuff up again". Playstation hasn't dropped the ball like the ps3 or Microsoft with the xbox one the default opening isn't there like in the pass, they've done little to show why you should leave the playstation line.

The Xbox One hasn't been smashed in the USA despite being the clearly inferior console, that's why an XSX at the same price of the PS5 would gain market share. We already know that the XSX is more powerful than the PS5 and it's also looking likely that the XSX will have the better launch titles, so at least in the USA the XSX would be chosen over the PS5. That may only be a single country, but it's the biggest country for the console market by far and has a long history of not pledging loyalty to any console manufacturer.

The Xbox X was more powerful than the PS4 and didn't change the sales or perception, your folly is thinking the ps4 gain traction from it's power at the start of the generation. This thread is nothing about the US but world wide sales and America is making up less less of the overall world wide sales as gaming grows in South America, Asia and the Middle East.

As for launch titles we have no idea what will be there but we do know that all xbox series x titles will be also on the xbox one, so why do people need to upgrade, why's it any different than the xbox one X. Microsoft need to sell another upgrade to the xbox one X that will be tough sale.

Around the Network

With Japan and Europe never actually being on Microsofts side, it is a safe bet PS5 will perform better than XBSX, regardless of price, since 650 EU PS3 managed to sell great despite being overpriced.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
With Japan and Europe never actually being on Microsofts side, it is a safe bet PS5 will perform better than XBSX, regardless of price, since 650 EU PS3 managed to sell great despite being overpriced.

so for whom is it a good deal consumers get ripped off?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

He didn't say anything about it being a good deal.

vonny said:
kirby007 said:

He didn't say anything about it being a good deal.

it was if you read between the lines

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Of course PS5 will sell more consoles. Xbox could have more players in its overall ecosystem. Who knows the ratios. I just know there is no way Xbox can do worse then this gen. They starting on the right foot and after July people will finally see they have more then the trinity.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kirby007 said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

Consumer is always satisfied with a playstation, due to huge library and 3rd party commitment.

PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4. PS5 wont be a an exception, paying even 600$ for a PS5 is totally in favour of the customer, when the competition is selling a cheaper system without enough good videogames to play. Sony is thinking about the customer experience, thats why they are never wrong since 1994. PS5 will re-confirm this.

OnlyForDisplay said:
Too difficult to say how well either system will do given the World's current state of affairs HollyGamer-San. Keep in mind that 2013 did not have something like COVID-19 to possibly derail the sales of the PS4 and the Xbox One. In addition, Microsoft gift wrapped an immense lead to Sony within their first two years of their lifetime. Microsoft could not recover from that.

Most importantly though is the fact that neither Sony nor Microsoft have announced the price for either system. In the United States, price is king. I understand that the U.S. is not the only market but Microsoft has been okay in Europe but has performed very poorly in Japan. However, I believe this statement will be more important due to the current circumstances at hand.

Hopefully the pricing though for both will be good.

Exactly.  I will hold off on making any prediction until price point is known.  People tend to forget how huge an impact on the 5th Generation it was when Sony announced the price of the PlayStation at $299 just moments after Sega's presentation had announced $399 for the price of the Saturn.  Just last generation the PS4 released at $399 against the Xbox One's $499.  By the time Microsoft removed the Kinnect to get the price down, it was too late in a long line of missteps.  When it comes to similarly powered consoles, price can play a huge factor in sales and momentum.  The only time an Xbox console ever had a lead in sales (for most of the gen) was when it was the cheaper alternative out of the gate.  With brand power solidly behind the PlayStation, I firmly think that Microsoft's only chance to come out swinging this gen is to launch at a lower price point.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
kirby007 said:

Consumer is always satisfied with a playstation, due to huge library and 3rd party commitment.

PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4. PS5 wont be a an exception, paying even 600$ for a PS5 is totally in favour of the customer, when the competition is selling a cheaper system without enough good videogames to play. Sony is thinking about the customer experience, thats why they are never wrong since 1994. PS5 will re-confirm this.

Consumers vote with their wallets.  PS3's best sales years came after a number of price cuts.

Mandalore76 said:
JapaneseGamesLover said:

Consumers vote with their wallets.  PS3's best sales years came after a number of price cuts.

Play Station has proven that it can sell as expensive. As i said, only Sony can get away by selling an overpriced product, the competition has no such capacity, as the record has shown. And the price of console should not judged on the console alone. PS5 deserves to be sold at 499$ or even 599$. PS4 never had big price cut and yet it is still the best-selling home console weekly in Europe, after full 7 years. PS4 is sold for 299 Euros and at launch it was sold for 399 Euros. So, only 99 euros difference since its 2013 launch. So, it seems customers dont vote with their wallers, but based on brand loyalty. And the customers will surely choose PS5, regardless of price.