By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 will far outsell Xbox Series X, predicts analyst - what's yours ?

Tagged games:

What do you think

I am agree 50 57.47%

I have my own prediction 7 8.05%

I am slightly agree 10 11.49%

Yes , but 6 6.90%

No i am totally not agree 7 8.05%

Lets see and wait 7 8.05%

Total:87
CuCabeludo said:

If you think Series X can outsell PS5 then you have a problem. MS better forget home consoles and focus on their cloud platform. Xcloud right now is a shit ass service stuck in 720P/30FPS because they felt a great idea to use Xbox One S to bake it.

you mean the free service in beta?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
CuCabeludo said:

If you think Series X can outsell PS5 then you have a problem. MS better forget home consoles and focus on their cloud platform. Xcloud right now is a shit ass service stuck in 720P/30FPS because they felt a great idea to use Xbox One S to bake it.

yeah, but it is the worst cloud platform as of now. Even Stadia back in 2016 (Project Stream) during in beta already had better image quality.

CuCabeludo said:
kirby007 said:

yeah, but it is the worst cloud platform as of now. Even Stadia back in 2016 (Project Stream) during in beta already had better image quality.

but with more latency
and lets not forget they designed the XSX chip that it can be easily implemented in the serverblades so they can upgrade it in the future

i think you worry you pretty head over the wrong "issues"

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

The sales gap between the systems will narrow but the PS5 will easily outsell the X series.

steve

I think Xbox series S if the rumours are true will sale more than PS5 in North America and UK.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Bad analysis.

Microsoft is better positioned this time around than it was with the Xbox One, Harding-Rolls argues, because it has embraced a console gamer focus for the system, has invested heavily in its first-party studio system, will have a Halo game ready for launch, and is expected to sell the Series X for the same price as the PS5.

XSX at the same price as the PS5 would cut a lot more into Sony's sales than this analyst predicts.

I won't make a prediction about the two consoles myself, because some crucial information is still unknown, such as price. But if the two consoles had price parity, then Microsoft would do more than just slightly better than with the Xbox One.

Why xbox has been cheaper than the ps4 for the majority of the generation and it's been smashed in sales.

Not sure why people are saying the xbox will do better this time since theyre not making mistakes, to gain back market they've lost they have to win people back not just "not stuff up again". Playstation hasn't dropped the ball like the ps3 or Microsoft with the xbox one the default opening isn't there like in the pass, they've done little to show why you should leave the playstation line.

Last edited by vonny - on 14 June 2020

I expect PS5 to get near the 120M and XSX 80M if the markket expands. If not PS5 at 100M and XSX 60M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I can see the Xbox X and the budget version limited to 1080p doing well. Personally I have both Xbox One and PS4 and this new generation I will be concentrating more on PC and perhaps buying a PS5 with optical drive when it hits a low price point. I stopped my psn and xbox live subscriptions as I just didn't see the point anymore. I find I'm only interested in a few exclusive console games and enjoy single player experiences most of all and multiplayer is free on PC anyway. Microsoft will price their console so they don't fall too far behind in sales they will react to the commercial reality. I can see the lower power Xbox X model reaching a mass market price point long before the PS5 without optical drive.

Europe and Japan will remain a problem for xbox

I have a feeling things will be more even this time round tbh.