By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn 2, new Spiderman and Kena: Bridge of Spirits for PlayStation 5

haxxiy said:
EricHiggin said:

HFW hit the mark as expected, though I think the Forbidden West is a lousy lazy name.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn : The Frozen Wilds

to

Horizon Forbidden West ?

Hmmm, how about,

Horizon : The Forbidden West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Western Wilds
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Western Wilds

I dunno. Don't like the name as is, but liked everything else I saw about it.

Oh, you'll get used to it.

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty lame when you think about it, TBH. What is that even supposed to mean?

It won't keep me from buying the game if the story and game play is worthy, but the title just kinda seems phoned in.

As for Zero Dawn, while it's a little hazy for me since it's been quite a while last I played through the story:

Spoiler!

I'm pretty sure that Zero Dawn was the code name of the last ditch mega project that kicks off the re-seeding of all types of life on the planet using only AI tech.

A bunch of things in HZD are "forbidden" because the few survivors offspring, over generations, have little idea what happened in the distant past and few understand tech in the slightest. This is why "Forbidden West" is a lazy and poor title as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 12 June 2020

Around the Network
taus90 said:
spiderman miles is not spiderman 2, its a spin off standalone expansion, it will be available both on PS4 and PS5.. and will probably be the starting point of spiderman 2 story

Where did you get it will be available on PS4? It seemed to be PS5 only.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

haxxiy said:
EricHiggin said:

HFW hit the mark as expected, though I think the Forbidden West is a lousy lazy name.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn : The Frozen Wilds

to

Horizon Forbidden West ?

Hmmm, how about,

Horizon : The Forbidden West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Western Wilds
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Western Wilds

I dunno. Don't like the name as is, but liked everything else I saw about it.

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty lame when you think about it, TBH. What is that even supposed to mean?

Because Zero Dawn was the name of the project that was trying to prevent the end of the world and ended up creating the situation Horizon starts and ends.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

EricHiggin said:
haxxiy said:

It won't keep me from buying the game if the story and game play is worthy, but the title just kinda seems phoned in.

As for Zero Dawn, while it's a little hazy for me since it's been quite a while last I played through the story:

Spoiler!

I'm pretty sure that Zero Dawn was the code name of the last ditch mega project that kicks off the re-seeding of all types of life on the planet using only AI tech.

A bunch of things in HZD are "forbidden" because the few survivors offspring, over generations, have little idea what happened in the distant past and few understand tech in the slightest. This is why "Forbidden West" is a lazy and poor title as far as I'm concerned.

You could also just call it Horizon 2: FW, or H2FW. HFW = Frozen Wilds

There is a 2 in roman numerals in that logo. Right between the "i" in Horizon and "E" in Forbidden.

4 ≈ One

shikamaru317 said:
Hiku said:

You haven't seen Spiderverse?
Because if this game is going to be Spiderverse the game, I'm very interested. Because it had a lot of interesting characters.
There are some Spiderverse color schemes in the trailer. Not sure if that's a hint.

Not yet. I'm familiar with the fact that both Miles Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen are in though. I would actually be down to have Spider-Gwen playable in future games, she seems intertesting. 

You're in for a treat. It's the best Spider-man movie. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Here is the 4K PS5-Trailer:

Horizon blew me away a few months ago. It will happen the same with this game.

think so too :)

Silent hill and bloodborne will be revealed at TGS time frame

Heavenly_King said:
Silent hill and bloodborne will be revealed at TGS time frame

Man, this should have been shown last Thursday. Still a lot more PS5 announcements to come though, hopefully they'll show it there with the price of the console.

DonFerrari said:
haxxiy said:

Because Zero Dawn was the name of the project that was trying to prevent the end of the world and ended up creating the situation Horizon starts and ends.

Well they weren't exactly trying to prevent it really, right? I thought the clock was basically ticking regardless.

Dgc1808 said:
EricHiggin said:

Spoiler!

There is a 2 in roman numerals in that logo. Right between the "i" in Horizon and "E" in Forbidden.

I'd probably go with a different name entirely, though what to call it not knowing what the game is about other than it's a journey through Western America. The names I gave were to try and spruce it up a little bit. I don't exactly think they're great either.

Ya I thought the HFW with Frozen Wilds wasn't exactly the smartest choice either, even though they're actually H2FW and HTFW.

Hmm. I didn't read between the lines this time. Good catch. However I only remember them calling it Horizon Forbidden West and not Horizon II. It doesn't really help or change much.

Just nitpicking at this point anyway. The trailer was just really great all around and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

EricHiggin said:
DonFerrari said:

Well they weren't exactly trying to prevent it really, right? I thought the clock was basically ticking regardless.

Dgc1808 said:

I'd probably go with a different name entirely, though what to call it not knowing what the game is about other than it's a journey through Western America. The names I gave were to try and spruce it up a little bit. I don't exactly think they're great either.

Ya I thought the HFW with Frozen Wilds wasn't exactly the smartest choice either, even though they're actually H2FW and HTFW.

Hmm. I didn't read between the lines this time. Good catch. However I only remember them calling it Horizon Forbidden West and not Horizon II. It doesn't really help or change much.

Just nitpicking at this point anyway. The trailer was just really great all around and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Yes they were. Other projects were about avoiding it to happen, but Zero Dawn was a different way to avoid end of the world, by ensuring it would still exist after the event.