Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn 2, new Spiderman and Kena: Bridge of Spirits for PlayStation 5

So Spidey is not a new game. Just DLC added on the PS4 game just for PS5. Lost my interest. A full game be interested in. Spidey on PS4 was great but the DLC was not. Did they tease all that Myles stuff, for just more DLC? Yup, I'm out. Not rebuying the game on another platform. All I know about him was in Spiderverse and it was ok but really overhyped. Spider-Man 2 is still the best. I'd put Verse as 4th best. 2,1,FFH then Verse

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
So apparently Spiderman is a remaster from the original PS4 title + an expansion with Miles Morales.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

It's a bit disappointing that the big exclusive gun at launch is not even a full new game. I really thought Sony would make a change from the previous generations and have at least one big first party title at launch. Guess some things never change...

Also in the article -

Update: Insomniac Games says Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a “standalone game”

I think its a more of a spinoff game like Uncharted: Lost Legacy is to UC4.

hinch said:
Vodacixi said:
So apparently Spiderman is a remaster from the original PS4 title + an expansion with Miles Morales.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

It's a bit disappointing that the big exclusive gun at launch is not even a full new game. I really thought Sony would make a change from the previous generations and have at least one big first party title at launch. Guess some things never change...

Also in the article -

They updated the article after I posted it xD

While a Lost Legacy type of game is certainly better than what we were let to believe at the beginning, I still think that having a mid-sized spinoff title as your main selling point for the launch of your new console is not super exciting.

Vodacixi said:
hinch said:

Also in the article -

While a Lost Legacy type of game is certainly better than what we were let to believe at the beginning, I still think that having a mid-sized spinoff title as your main selling point for the launch of your new console is not super exciting.

Yeah not disagreeing with you. Maybe that it why they didn't really make a big show of it, but they had to show something tangible at launch. Spiderman sold really well on PS4 so it kinda makes sense pushing it as a launch title. Even if it was not a full fledged sequel people were expecting. And realistically there's so much you can accomplish in 2 years.

Still a solid launch title is better than none lol

hinch said:
Vodacixi said:

Still a solid launch title is better than none lol

I mean... I guess? xD

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

I was going to say earlier that the article might not be describing what you think, because they don't use the term Remaster.
They may be refering to how they're using an upgraded version of the original game/engine to create the Miles game. As in this is not the full on PS5 Spiderman-2 engine that we'll get later.

I see now that they clarified that it's a standalone game, maybe that was the case.
Either way, it sounds like it will be a substantial game on its own.

That last comment can't be real.

method114 said:
JWeinCom said:
Feeling meh on Spider-man. I just like Peter better as a character than Miles. Of course, that's how I felt when I first heard about into the Spider-verse, and that turned out to be the best Spider-man movie....

lol this is why I wont watch that movie I don't want to see another Spiderman. The game doesn't matter to me as much because most of my enjoyment from the game was the actual game. Don't get me wrong the story was passable and I was interested but it was the gameplay that kept me coming back. First game I've ever platinumed.

The original Spiderman is in the movie though. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you like Peter Parker, that's a very good reason to watch the film. It's called Multiverse for a good reason.

Last edited by Hiku - on 12 June 2020

Hiku said:

method114 said:

lol this is why I wont watch that movie I don't want to see another Spiderman. The game doesn't matter to me as much because most of my enjoyment from the game was the actual game. Don't get me wrong the story was passable and I was interested but it was the gameplay that kept me coming back. First game I've ever platinumed.

The original Spiderman is in the movie though. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you like Peter Parker, that's a very good reason to watch the film. It's called called Multiverse for a good reason.

Yea I know he's in it. It's actually the fact that there are so many Spidermen(women?) that annoys me. Either way either the new Spiderman game coming out based on Miles I'm going to have to watch this movie.

haxxiy said:
EricHiggin said:

HFW hit the mark as expected, though I think the Forbidden West is a lousy lazy name.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn : The Frozen Wilds

to

Horizon Forbidden West ?

Hmmm, how about,

Horizon : The Forbidden West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Western Wilds
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Western Wilds

I dunno. Don't like the name as is, but liked everything else I saw about it.

Oh, you'll get used to it.

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty lame when you think about it, TBH. What is that even supposed to mean?

It won't keep me from buying the game if the story and game play is worthy, but the title just kinda seems phoned in.

As for Zero Dawn, while it's a little hazy for me since it's been quite a while last I played through the story:

Spoiler!

I'm pretty sure that Zero Dawn was the code name of the last ditch mega project that kicks off the re-seeding of all types of life on the planet using only AI tech.

A bunch of things in HZD are "forbidden" because the few survivors offspring, over generations, have little idea what happened in the distant past and few understand tech in the slightest. This is why "Forbidden West" is a lazy and poor title as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 12 June 2020

taus90 said:
spiderman miles is not spiderman 2, its a spin off standalone expansion, it will be available both on PS4 and PS5.. and will probably be the starting point of spiderman 2 story

Where did you get it will be available on PS4? It seemed to be PS5 only.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

haxxiy said:
EricHiggin said:

HFW hit the mark as expected, though I think the Forbidden West is a lousy lazy name.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Horizon Zero Dawn : The Frozen Wilds

to

Horizon Forbidden West ?

Hmmm, how about,

Horizon : The Forbidden West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Wild West
or
Horizon : Forbidden Western Wilds
or
Horizon : The Forbidden Western Wilds

I dunno. Don't like the name as is, but liked everything else I saw about it.

Oh, you'll get used to it.

Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty lame when you think about it, TBH. What is that even supposed to mean?

Because Zero Dawn was the name of the project that was trying to prevent the end of the world and ended up creating the situation Horizon starts and ends.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994