By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn 2, new Spiderman and Kena: Bridge of Spirits for PlayStation 5

Vodacixi said:
So apparently Spiderman is a remaster from the original PS4 title + an expansion with Miles Morales.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

It's a bit disappointing that the big exclusive gun at launch is not even a full new game. I really thought Sony would make a change from the previous generations and have at least one big first party title at launch. Guess some things never change...

Low key called it 🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9164180

It  gave off that vibe in a few different ways. It's not a bad thing at all though. Plus how the hell could an full sequel be made in that amount of time alongside Ratchet & Clank, which definitely looks like a true sequel?

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Feeling meh on Spider-man. I just like Peter better as a character than Miles. Of course, that's how I felt when I first heard about into the Spider-verse, and that turned out to be the best Spider-man movie....

lol this is why I wont watch that movie I don't want to see another Spiderman. The game doesn't matter to me as much because most of my enjoyment from the game was the actual game. Don't get me wrong the story was passable and I was interested but it was the gameplay that kept me coming back. First game I've ever platinumed.

method114 said:
JWeinCom said:
Feeling meh on Spider-man. I just like Peter better as a character than Miles. Of course, that's how I felt when I first heard about into the Spider-verse, and that turned out to be the best Spider-man movie....

lol this is why I wont watch that movie I don't want to see another Spiderman. The game doesn't matter to me as much because most of my enjoyment from the game was the actual game. Don't get me wrong the story was passable and I was interested but it was the gameplay that kept me coming back. First game I've ever platinumed.

That's... kind of weird IMO.  I like OG Spider-man better, but that doesn't mean I'm going to intentionally avoid any other version.  Into the Spider-verse is an absolutely fantastic movie, and you're only depriving yourself.

Vodacixi said:
So apparently Spiderman is a remaster from the original PS4 title + an expansion with Miles Morales.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/spider-man-miles-morales-is-a-remaster-and-expansion-sony-clarifies/

It's a bit disappointing that the big exclusive gun at launch is not even a full new game. I really thought Sony would make a change from the previous generations and have at least one big first party title at launch. Guess some things never change...

Yep it's a bit sad but not surprising. I mean seriously the exact same year we are getting the PS5 we are also getting two big exclusives from Sony. It always seems like MS ignores their fans towards the end of a generation while Sony makes its fans wait at the start of a generation. Part of the reason I left the MS ecosystem was cause of how horrible MS was towards the end of 360. There were a lot of other reasons as well but that was a big one.

So Spidey is not a new game. Just DLC added on the PS4 game just for PS5. Lost my interest. A full game be interested in. Spidey on PS4 was great but the DLC was not. Did they tease all that Myles stuff, for just more DLC? Yup, I'm out. Not rebuying the game on another platform. All I know about him was in Spiderverse and it was ok but really overhyped. Spider-Man 2 is still the best. I'd put Verse as 4th best. 2,1,FFH then Verse

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Also in the article -

Update: Insomniac Games says Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a “standalone game”

I think its a more of a spinoff game like Uncharted: Lost Legacy is to UC4.

hinch said:
Vodacixi said:

Also in the article -

They updated the article after I posted it xD

While a Lost Legacy type of game is certainly better than what we were let to believe at the beginning, I still think that having a mid-sized spinoff title as your main selling point for the launch of your new console is not super exciting.

Vodacixi said:
hinch said:

Also in the article -

While a Lost Legacy type of game is certainly better than what we were let to believe at the beginning, I still think that having a mid-sized spinoff title as your main selling point for the launch of your new console is not super exciting.

Yeah not disagreeing with you. Maybe that it why they didn't really make a big show of it, but they had to show something tangible at launch. Spiderman sold really well on PS4 so it kinda makes sense pushing it as a launch title. Even if it was not a full fledged sequel people were expecting. And realistically there's so much you can accomplish in 2 years.

Still a solid launch title is better than none lol

hinch said:
Vodacixi said:

Still a solid launch title is better than none lol

I mean... I guess? xD

Hiku said:

method114 said:

The original Spiderman is in the movie though. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you like Peter Parker, that's a very good reason to watch the film. It's called called Multiverse for a good reason.

Yea I know he's in it. It's actually the fact that there are so many Spidermen(women?) that annoys me. Either way either the new Spiderman game coming out based on Miles I'm going to have to watch this movie.