By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the PS5 console design?

Do you like the PS5 console design?

Yes 132 55.23%

No 80 33.47%

On the fence 27 11.30%

Total:239

Ugh

It's even bigger than the George Foreman grill

Around the Network

I'm sure many have mentioned this but, while it looks ... futuristic, how will it look in our homes, next to our devices? And is that look practical? I imagine it's going to be a bitch to keep clean!

Games looked good, though.

d21lewis said:
I'm sure many have mentioned this but, while it looks ... futuristic, how will it look in our homes, next to our devices? And is that look practical? I imagine it's going to be a bitch to keep clean!

Games looked good, though.

You better make your house more futuristic.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Soonerman said:
I kinda like it but I'm concerned with the rumors of overheating because I can see that with it. Also, I wish Sony would just move the left stick to the D pad area. Xbox set the bar that way, Sony should just copy it and improve upon it.

Seems like 112M prefer the Sony thumbstick way over the 48M Xbox thumbstick.  So who should be setting the bar?  

There's always those people that gotta poke at Sony's thumbsticks but just because you think that's the wrong way just know that there are way more Dualshock controllers sold than than any other controller.  So Sony has to be doing something right with their thumbsticks.

Maybe Xbox should copy Sony in every way and improve on that lol jk Xbox is doing just fine........

V-r0cK said:
Soonerman said:
I kinda like it but I'm concerned with the rumors of overheating because I can see that with it. Also, I wish Sony would just move the left stick to the D pad area. Xbox set the bar that way, Sony should just copy it and improve upon it.

Seems like 112M prefer the Sony thumbstick way over the 48M Xbox thumbstick.  So who should be setting the bar?  

There's always those people that gotta poke at Sony's thumbsticks but just because you think that's the wrong way just know that there are way more Dualshock controllers sold than than any other controller.  So Sony has to be doing something right with their thumbsticks.

Maybe Xbox should copy Sony in every way and improve on that lol jk Xbox is doing just fine........

I know I have 0 issues with the DS placement, not sure if I would feel more comfortable or not with swept placement.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Looks really good. I don't like white though, so i hope there will be a black version around launch time.

Mostly yes, but also no. It's super sleek, but looks like it should be in the museum of modern art. It's a significant departure from typical console design, even though it's based on the typical form factor. I'd say it's just as much a departure as the XBSX, just in a different way.

I would assume, yet really hope just as much if not more time went into the cooling system of this thing. If it's got cooling problems, even if it's simply too loud like the PS4 is in general, I'm not going to be happy. No amount of elegant design is going to sway me if the hardware doesn't operate as it should. It doesn't have to be silent, but it does need to be reasonable, especially with a design like this. Now if some of the estimated size comparisons happen to be close, then there should be plenty of room for a worthy cooling system in there like the PS3 had.

Overall I do like it, but it's too futuristic and fancy for my tastes. Mind you, the XBSX is also too boring and bland. Both are intriguing however. Also, even though the black and white color scheme looks cool and makes it pop, I want an all black version, even if it's still two tone with black and gun metal or something like that. The white will stand out like a sore thumb in my entertainment center, and I like everything to blend in.

This is PS though so I'm sure there will be more than a few color choices in the years to come, and waiting for a few years with my PS4 won't be too big of a problem.

It looks like a vagina (with a disk drive attached).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

V-r0cK said:
Soonerman said:
Also, I wish Sony would just move the left stick to the D pad area. Xbox set the bar that way, Sony should just copy it and improve upon it.

The controller is probably not the main deciding factor for a console.

Let's have a look at Steam with free choice of the controller (unfortunately only a snapshot of August 2018):

Signalstar said:
It looks like a vagina (with a disk drive attached).

Console and controller inspirations...

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 11 June 2020