By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the PS5 console design?

Do you like the PS5 console design?

Yes 132 55.23%

No 80 33.47%

On the fence 27 11.30%

Total:239
Bristow9091 said:
SvennoJ said:

Ugh

It's even bigger than the George Foreman grill

Oh shit that's thick.. starting to wonder if it'll even fit under my tele now, lol.

I wonder if you can simply put a couple rubber or felt pad circles in the corners to keep it sort of straight without the stand. That stand looks cumbersome, couple bits of felt pad on the right side corners would fix the wobble issues and save some height.

Overheating should not be an issue with that size and those large vent holes all around. Can of black spray paint and some black rubber nobs for the corners with some super glue, fixed.

Around the Network
Conina said:
V-r0cK said:

Seems like 112M prefer the Sony thumbstick way over the 48M Xbox thumbstick.  So who should be setting the bar?  

The controller is probably not the main deciding factor for a console.

Let's have a look at Steam with free choice of the controller (unfortunately only a snapshot of August 2018):

Free choice??? Where just about everything uses XBox prompts and you have to use external mods to use a Dual shock while MS actively breaks the use of the DS4. Ori doesn't work right with a DS4, FH4 goes bananas even with a DS4 only plugged in for charging. Free choice lol. (I had to buy a wired 360 controller to play FH4)

Besides that, why play on Steam when you have a ps4 :p

I didn't at first, but like the controller it's grown on me pretty quickly.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Honestly reminds me of a $20 cheap android media box I got years ago.
Not a fan of the dust-magnet grill and the LED lighting. - But I guess it does have a futuristic vibe going for it which will appeal to allot of people.

Microsoft and Sony are doing polar opposites with their design language, Microsoft has gone for an understated black box that will blend in with your living room... And Sony went all out with style and substance.

The conclave form factor reminds me of what Microsoft was trying to do with the Xbox 360 as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Conina said:
V-r0cK said:

Seems like 112M prefer the Sony thumbstick way over the 48M Xbox thumbstick.  So who should be setting the bar?  

The controller is probably not the main deciding factor for a console.

Let's have a look at Steam with free choice of the controller (unfortunately only a snapshot of August 2018):

If you want to consider that free choice I will use controllers bought for PS4 as free choice since there are some companies that sell with X1 layout. You can bet it is even less than 9%.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Microsoft and Sony are doing polar opposites with their design language, Microsoft has gone for an understated black box that will blend in with your living room... And Sony went all out with style and substance.

There are similarities though. Both MS and SNY designed their consoles to look like a box...

d21lewis said:
And is that look practical? I imagine it's going to be a bitch to keep clean!

The two wings form kind of two "chimneys" with the central box in the middle. The chimneys are even slightly bent  in the middle. All of which ensures excellent airflow when the console is standing upright (and fan noise might also be a little reduced).

If it's on its side though? My guess is there is some ventilator somewhere that defines good airflow job if the console is placed sideways.

People on the IGN comment section keeps bringing up how it looks like a router haha.

I think both Series X and this look silly, personally. What's the size comparison?

Dulfite said:
People on the IGN comment section keeps bringing up how it looks like a router haha.

I think both Series X and this look silly, personally. What's the size comparison?

A lot of people also compared to router and one to a fan.

For size it seems a good 20% taller, but also it is a lot less tick.

Someone put that for volume XSX would be 8L and PS5 would be 9L. I find it hard since the GPU on Xbox is quite a bit larger, but then Sony may have gone with a cheaper but bigger cooling solution.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

trunkswd said:
Dulfite said:

It's a monster! There is no way I would get something that big, would take up so much space on my entertainment center and stick out so bad. Well, I guess the Series X is the route I'll go if I don't just stick with PC/Switch. I was open minded before today, but I really can't justify getting any console that's large. Especially when it looks like that lol.