7 30 13.45%

6 24 10.76%

5 16 7.17%

4 6 2.69%

3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223

9/10 for me. Seamless presentation. Plenty of good exclusives games announced. Love the console design.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
i kinda hoped the SSD would fix pop in in racing games

I think that's more Pholyphony's fault. They used to be such an iconic studio for sony, but I honestly don't know what they've been doing all those years. Seems they spend more time traveling the world and smelling cars than actually making a game. GT7 Didn't look bad, though, but how hard can it be to make a dozen new tracks, instead up endlessly recycling old ones. 

goopy20 said:
kirby007 said:
i kinda hoped the SSD would fix pop in in racing games

I think that's more Pholyphony's fault. They used to be such an iconic studio for sony, but I honestly don't know what they've been doing all those years. Seems they spend more time traveling the world and smelling cars than actually making a game. GT7 Didn't look bad, though, but how hard can it be to make a dozen new tracks, instead up endlessly recycling old ones. 

Yeah its a shame. I would even go to say that Drive Club on PS4 Pro is visually is more impressive than GT7.

Mnementh said:

A good game is still a good game later. If it isn't good anymore later on, maybe it wasn't that great to begin with.

If we understand gaming as an art-form (and I do), then we should look for lasting value. Great paintings were still great even with photography coming along. The original Jurassic Park from Spielberg is still seen as the best of the series, even if it became more dated on technical merits. We can make the distinction between lasting value and flashy attention creating tricks in other art forms, why should we not apply the same to games?

That doesn't mean we should ignore technical progress. We use and appreciate technical progress in movies too for instance. But still we can decide if a movie has substance and the new technical possibilities are used well to improve the movie, or if that movie is only a flashy tech-demo.

EDIT: Luckily the presentation showed these sort of games, as I said before Kena, Ratchet&Clank and Horizon 2 seem to deliver on more meat than just flashy graphics, at least judging by what was presented through trailers.

I completely understand what you mean. BUT it has nothing to do with you being an older gamer it is just your preference. I am also an older gamer and look at thing differently from you. But as an older gamer with a lot of friends I must say that most of the statements you have been making usually come from my friends who lean more towards Nintendo then anything else. And I do not post as much on here as before so I don't know what your preference is but do you lean more towards Nintendo games? Just an honest question from me.

And yes I agree a good game is a good game now or later that is absolutely true. But as a gamer I have just accepted the ABSOLUTE FACT for any of us lol.....that just because a game is good to me that DOES NOT mean that it is good to someone else no matter how high or low it is rated. In the end it is just all about preference....and once we as gamers accept that....we will be SO much better.....just my thoughts.

Oh and by the way you seem like a very calm, level headed poster which is always welcome in my book. Some others just seem....angry all the time and want to hate well.....just to hate for no valid reason at all lol. So thank you for be cool headed!

OT:

I gave it an 8 it was a very solid conference that fit my tastes with some imo very intriguing games shown that I am looking forward to playing. And I think the design is very slick! I like it a lot!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

JRPGfan said:
160rmf said:

I do have two eyes. I can see the differences, I can see the cuts that were made to make the game run on switch, I can see that PS4 looks better. It just don't bothers me. Shocked?

Now you tell me, did you missed my point or you actually think these images are showing 2 different games?

I really wish I could find the first thread of the Witcher coming to switch when it was just a rumour to see what was everybody take on this news

Sometimes the differnces are so big, they look like differnt games, or the Switch like a game from a earlier generation.
Yes.

However can we drop this now? its off topic.

I could give you a merit if we are talking about the Outer World's port on switch.

It's kinda obvious why users like you keep blowing things out proportion when talking about graphics comparison, however it's hard to be taken on serious. But, sure, keep going.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 12 June 2020

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
padib said:

Here is how it played out for me. The beginning was great (except for GTAV, that was just weird), the face shots of execs and devs talking minimally and solemnly, and then going quick to the games was a good move. The first few games left me impressed (Spider Man, Gran Turismo). Then things started getting boring a bit, starting from R&C which didn't seem so interesting to me in terms of gameplay, then it felt like I was watching movie trailer after movie trailer, with the epic music we hear in movie trailers and the well-chosen shots. Some even had two trailers, like R&C and Hitman III, I thought that was weird. During that time, some big gems shone, like Project Athia, Stray. Only at the very end I started tuning back in, esp. with the new Horizon, I was blown away.

For the boring parts, I give a 6.5, for the good parts a 10. So I'll go with a 8/10, respective to how long each part lasted for me.

But I will say this, Sony pulled punches at everyone: Nintendo and Microsoft both. Competing with Nintendo, they had games that look like Mario 3D World (Sackboy, Astro's Playroom), Metroid (Returnal), Smash to a certain degree (Destruction ALLSTARS), Zelda & Pikmin (Kena, Little Devil Inside) and Animal Crossing (BugSnax). Competing with Microsoft they had Oddworld, major 3rd party games presented as PS exclusives (Village/RE8, NBA2k21, Hitman III). And of course some games were just pure Sony like Solar Ash, Godfall, Jett, ...

I also felt like the general message was that Sony feels like they will dominate the market, with the way the music was constructed and the general God-like feel they pushed through the video, the way it presented the console and the brand in general. With self-assigned qualifiers like "the future of gaming", it's hard to see how the competition will compete. But be sure that they will, Nintendo always finds a way to sell, and Microsoft will have excellent 3rd party support and will be pushing their internal studios. It will be a very fun gen to watch :)

apple does exactly the same

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Looking back I was disappointed By Square Enix's showing. Project Athia lacked the distinctiveness I've come to expect from them

Well, I watched again all trailers in 4K, and I was even more impressed. Very happy with this Event, it's a solid 9 from me. Can't wait for the other shows along the summer.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

I hope most of these games release within the first 12 months of the consoles release. I'm expecting most not to, in part due to coronavirus likely slowing down production on most of these games.

padib said:

Here is how it played out for me. The beginning was great (except for GTAV, that was just weird), the face shots of execs and devs talking minimally and solemnly, and then going quick to the games was a good move. The first few games left me impressed (Spider Man, Gran Turismo). Then things started getting boring a bit, starting from R&C which didn't seem so interesting to me in terms of gameplay, then it felt like I was watching movie trailer after movie trailer, with the epic music we hear in movie trailers and the well-chosen shots. Some even had two trailers, like R&C and Hitman III, I thought that was weird. During that time, some big gems shone, like Project Athia, Stray. Only at the very end I started tuning back in, esp. with the new Horizon, I was blown away.

For the boring parts, I give a 6.5, for the good parts a 10. So I'll go with a 8/10, respective to how long each part lasted for me.

But I will say this, Sony pulled punches at everyone: Nintendo and Microsoft both. Competing with Nintendo, they had games that look like Mario 3D World (Sackboy, Astro's Playroom), Metroid (Returnal), Smash to a certain degree (Destruction ALLSTARS), Zelda & Pikmin (Kena, Little Devil Inside) and Animal Crossing (BugSnax). Competing with Microsoft they had Oddworld, major 3rd party games presented as PS exclusives (Village/RE8, NBA2k21, Hitman III). And of course some games were just pure Sony like Solar Ash, Godfall, Jett, ...

I also felt like the general message was that Sony feels like they will dominate the market, with the way the music was constructed and the general God-like feel they pushed through the video, the way it presented the console and the brand in general. With self-assigned qualifiers like "the future of gaming", it's hard to see how the competition will compete. But be sure that they will, Nintendo always finds a way to sell, and Microsoft will have excellent 3rd party support and will be pushing their internal studios. It will be a very fun gen to watch :)

Agree on the boring part, I felt they just put too many indie titles in a row for too long, most of them are not bad though, but that period of time really didn't create enough excitement even though putting the best ones in the last is understandable and expected, so in the end of the show case, the reveal of Horizon 2 and Demon's soul didn't really surprise me. Just the majority of time in the middle of the show made it kinda plain.