7 30 13.45%

6 24 10.76%

5 16 7.17%

4 6 2.69%

3 6 2.69%

2 1 0.45%

1 4 1.79%

Total:223

In the end, the way it was done because of how we are (mostly) all locked in doors right now with just a bunch of videos showing the games and then here's the console at the end was great. Certainly more focused than getting some game devs one by one onto a stage floor and waffling on about stuff, show the games, show the console, done. Good Job.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Im thinking ~8,5 or so.
Felt generous and gave it a 9.

160rmf said:
DonFerrari said:

When people think Switch is almost as powerful as PS4Pro because it can run The Witcher 3 don`t really expect them to see the day and night difference. My wife that doesn`t even like gaming can spot on seconds that a game wouldn`t be possible on PS4 but some of our veterans in VGC can`t see a difference.

Grasping at straws?

More like people being slapped by the power of the optimization after claiming that this highly demand game would be impossible or the cutbacks would be so dreadful that would be a totally different game on the less powerful hw

Base PS4:

Switch docked:

Switch does run it, but its noticable that the textures and resolutions are drastically lowered.
Also this is one of the better pictures (for switch) from the eurogamer compairison.

PS4:

Switch docked:

JRPGfan said:
160rmf said:

Grasping at straws?

More like people being slapped by the power of the optimization after claiming that this highly demand game would be impossible or the cutbacks would be so dreadful that would be a totally different game on the less powerful hw

Base PS4:

Switch docked:

Switch does run it, but its noticable that the textures and resolutions are drastically lowered.
Also this is one of the better pictures (for switch) from the eurogamer compairison.

PS4:

Switch docked:

If you really want to show the differences, just add an fps counter in the corner ;)

For the conference, I would give it an 8. Sony will be giving its customers pretty much what they wanted. The majority of Sony games did not have a release date so there is no real incentive to purchase a PS5 on release. The closes would be spiderman which is fine but its not a must play in my book. The console design is fine to me. I rarely care about what my devices look like then how they perform.

Around the Network

9.5 because there is no Silent Hills.

8/10

The good:
- Excellent presentation format.
- Heaps of game announcements and exclusives.
- Astro's Playroom preloaded may prove brilliant for marketing the IP.
- Horizon 2 is living up to my graphics expectations.

The bad:
- No release dates/window announcements is somewhat concerning (apart from the Spider Man expansion thing which looked so PS4)
- Only Horizon screamed "NextGen" to me. Ratchet and Clank warp mechanics aren't possible on last gen systems but they seemed pretty gimmicky from what was shown.
- GT7 looked AWFUL. Those pop-ins...
- Most gameplay videos may just be some in-engine bullshit not entirely representative of the actual graphics.

The ugly:
- Lack of Silent Hill killed me inside... and yet I continue to believe :(
- Despite my major excitement for it, Demon's Souls doesn't look aesthetically faithful to the original.
- I'm indifferent to the console design.

All in all, possibly the best console reveal of all time, if mainly because console reveals are generally lackluster.

Mnementh said:
DonFerrari said:

When people think Switch is almost as powerful as PS4Pro because it can run The Witcher 3 don`t really expect them to see the day and night difference. My wife that doesn`t even like gaming can spot on seconds that a game wouldn`t be possible on PS4 but some of our veterans in VGC can`t see a difference.

Well, as many old gamers like me will say to you: we can spot the differences, but care a lot less about graphical advancement. Because we remember a lot of games that were hype for their graphics, but don't hold up too well today.

As an older gamer I always ask myself about the lasting value of a game. Will I still enjoy playing it 10-20 years down the line. That is why I have deep concerns about a game like Project Athios, which they failed to show me why it will be fun to play. On the other hand I am pretty sure, that Kena will be as fun to play in ten years as it is today.

That's why I don't care too much about the graphical downgrades of the Witcher on Switch. Because the game still retains what makes it great.

Sony had made a good presentation though, many games look like they can deliver, that includes Ratchet and Clank (I am not too much into these types of games and it looks too hectic for me, but it definitely feels like it will be fun for those who like these games) and Horizon (Sony's Zelda).

BTW: Many think Ratchet&Clank dimension moving is utilizing the SSD. I think the transition is too fast even for a good SSD. I think a lot of assets were preloaded into graphics RAM, which probably means PS5 has a lot of that.

I concern about the games I play today not that I will play it in 20 years, in 20 years I'll be playing other new games. And it may be your case but isn't of the bulk, because some have been saying they can't see difference, could be done on PS4 or that they are ok with PS2 graphics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Kyuu said:

8/10

The good:

The bad:
- No release dates/window announcements is somewhat concerning (apart from the Spider Man expansion thing which looked so PS4)
- Only Horizon screamed "NextGen" to me. Ratchet and Clank warp mechanics aren't possible on last gen systems but they seemed pretty gimmicky from what was shown.
- Most gameplay videos may just be some in-engine bullshit not entirely representative of the actual graphics.

The ugly:
- Despite my major excitement for it, Demon's Souls doesn't look aesthetically faithful to the original.

All in all, possibly the best console reveal of all time, if mainly because console reveals are generally lackluster.

Rewatch on 4k, several of the AAA wouldn't be possible on PS4 without major cuts. But yes I agree Miles's SM looked a PS4 polished game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Kyuu said:

8/10

The good:

The bad:

The ugly:

Rewatch on 4k, several of the AAA wouldn't be possible on PS4 without major cuts. But yes I agree Miles's SM looked a PS4 polished game.

Watching in 4K did not change my mind that these games could not be done on the PS4.  We have seen game engine scale for decades on the PC.  Just adding more polycount doesn't mean these games could not be scaled down for the PS4.  If TLOU2 is any indication, then nothing shone outside ratchet and clank appear that its really dependent on the PS5 SSD.  Sony is coming out with a lot of games which is great but without any release window, I am not all that hyped for their big exclusives.  I do not expect to see them for another 2 years at the least and thus not in a hurry from what was shone to purchase a PS5 on release.  I can easily hold out for 2 years until the big guns show up.