By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
Bonzinga said:

Not all scores are counted, with this instance, 3 of the most critical reviews for this TLOU2 havnt been counted such as Kotaku, Polygon and Skill-Up. So technically this game wouldnt be a 96 or 95 if everything was accounted for hence why its not accurate. Same for User scores, its all just bias opinions.

Kotaku and Polygon don't give out scores for years now.

Skill-Up I heard about the first time some days ago because the guy hated it and haters used it as argument.

So basically, nothing new compared to any other game Metascore for the last years...

People are really doing that dude very dirty because he disliked something and offered valid criticism,some idiots even started calling him alt right.

Watch his review and see him talking about it on laymen Gaming together with his brothers that did enjoy the game more and do offer counterarguments,this was a really fair kind of platform to be talking about it.

But ofcourse avoid the drama channels that mostly take everything out of context to push their own agenda and load their vids with political puns.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Bonzinga said:

Not all scores are counted, with this instance, 3 of the most critical reviews for this TLOU2 havnt been counted such as Kotaku, Polygon and Skill-Up. So technically this game wouldnt be a 96 or 95 if everything was accounted for hence why its not accurate. Same for User scores, its all just bias opinions.

Kotaku and Polygon don't give out scores for years now.

Skill-Up I heard about the first time some days ago because the guy hated it and haters used it as argument.

So basically, nothing new compared to any other game Metascore for the last years...

I know, I am just saying the scores shown in Meta is inaccurate because Polygon and Kotaku are considered high rated critics (not sure about Skill-Up) and they just happen to not like the same game (TLOU2) and their reviews don't reflect that on Meta, which is my answer to CGI, because its current score is not reflecting everything. To me, Metacritic is good to use for guidelines which is what I use it for, but personally ill never take Metacritic scores seriously. 

Jaicee said:

Just wanted to register the point that this right here, now, is the first hour in which it might be theoretically possible that someone has actually completed TLOU2, 25 hours having now officially passed since its release. Of course, that's assuming they didn't have to work yesterday (like me) and didn't eat or sleep or otherwise take any breaks. But still, theoretically possible beginning now.

So how many people scored the game on Metacritic before it was possible to have completed the game? 20,679. Just wanted to register that as the grand total number of people we can definitely confirm reviewed this game on Metacritic without playing it. That's more than double the grand total number of reviews the original game got in the last seven years since its release. The bogus "user" score currently stands at 3.3. So just wanted to register these facts for the history books.

This is the most insane reaction I've ever seen to a video game before, from it being banned in the Middle East to the pre-release leaks to the largest-scale review bombing campaign in the history of video games. I'm just saying that I've never seen so much "gamer" hysteria in my entire life before. Maybe one day people will regain their sanity, but that's clearly not going to happen any time soon. (As some of you may know, I've got my opinion as to what the reason is for this completely over the top reaction -- what's unique about this game compared to all others before it.)

Anyway, I think enough of this is enough. So many fake reviews of this game have been posted to Metacritic at this point that the user score will be permanently skewed artificially negative as a result. Of course that's the whole point of these activist campaigns: to give the wider public the impression that players don't like it, and in that way to dissuade people who might like it from buying it, thus minimizing sales and influencing what sort of material publishers will permit in the future. For these reasons, I think these campaigns should be regarded as a form of political censorship.

Personally, at this point I'm definitely in favor of a crackdown on this type of bullshit. All "user" reviews for this game posted to Metacritic up to this point should be taken down and everyone who posted one of them should be permanently banned from ever posting another "review" there again. Also, Metacritic should henceforth develop a new system for user reviews that requires proof one actually owns the game they're reviewing before any submission is posted.

How does one distinguish between a fake review and a real one? Surely this is an important question that must be asked before we start to ban users permanently...

KLAMarine said:
Jaicee said:

Just wanted to register the point that this right here, now, is the first hour in which it might be theoretically possible that someone has actually completed TLOU2, 25 hours having now officially passed since its release. Of course, that's assuming they didn't have to work yesterday (like me) and didn't eat or sleep or otherwise take any breaks. But still, theoretically possible beginning now.

So how many people scored the game on Metacritic before it was possible to have completed the game? 20,679. Just wanted to register that as the grand total number of people we can definitely confirm reviewed this game on Metacritic without playing it. That's more than double the grand total number of reviews the original game got in the last seven years since its release. The bogus "user" score currently stands at 3.3. So just wanted to register these facts for the history books.

This is the most insane reaction I've ever seen to a video game before, from it being banned in the Middle East to the pre-release leaks to the largest-scale review bombing campaign in the history of video games. I'm just saying that I've never seen so much "gamer" hysteria in my entire life before. Maybe one day people will regain their sanity, but that's clearly not going to happen any time soon. (As some of you may know, I've got my opinion as to what the reason is for this completely over the top reaction -- what's unique about this game compared to all others before it.)

Anyway, I think enough of this is enough. So many fake reviews of this game have been posted to Metacritic at this point that the user score will be permanently skewed artificially negative as a result. Of course that's the whole point of these activist campaigns: to give the wider public the impression that players don't like it, and in that way to dissuade people who might like it from buying it, thus minimizing sales and influencing what sort of material publishers will permit in the future. For these reasons, I think these campaigns should be regarded as a form of political censorship.

Personally, at this point I'm definitely in favor of a crackdown on this type of bullshit. All "user" reviews for this game posted to Metacritic up to this point should be taken down and everyone who posted one of them should be permanently banned from ever posting another "review" there again. Also, Metacritic should henceforth develop a new system for user reviews that requires proof one actually owns the game they're reviewing before any submission is posted.

How does one distinguish between a fake review and a real one? Surely this is an important question that must be asked before we start to ban users permanently...

Confirming the reviewer at least bought the game would be a good start. Rotten Tomatoes got a system like that up on their site so it should be possible to do something similar for games. This is why I'm curious about the Amazon rating as that is limited to those who are confirmed purchasers. 

BraLoD said:
Immersiveunreality said:

People are really doing that dude very dirty because he disliked something and offered valid criticism,some idiots even started calling him alt right.

Watch his review and see him talking about it on laymen Gaming together with his brothers that did enjoy the game more and do offer counterarguments,this was a really fair kind of platform to be talking about it.

But ofcourse avoid the drama channels that mostly take everything out of context to push their own agenda and load their vids with political puns.

I don't know him, have nothing against him, but he has been turned into the level of Polygon or Kotaku while in fact most of us here don't know him at all.

I don't watch his videos but yeah he has probably gotten a lot of bad stuff since then from rabbid supporters, but it is the haters that keep bringing him up as if it is a big deal, like: Skill Up turned it down, MC is worth nothing.

And even as yes, MC is worth nothing, Skill Up definitely is not any kind of big deal either.

Sadly the haters used him to bash the game and it turned the rabbid supporters against him.

But then again, I don't know him, so I dunno if the backslash is deserver or not, but anyway, no chance I'll go there to see for myself before I finish this game.

Some more right leaning youtubers made vids on skill up his dislike of the game because skill up is leftleaning they use an argument that surely ''the game must be bad when leftists do not like it''

Ofcourse the guy mostly tries to be as objective as he can and frequently gets a backlash from it,the last time he got one was when he called Doom eternal a great game but not as good as the first.people act stupid when someone does not conform to their fanbase.

Around the Network

Based on the % of thebtrophy for finishing the game, it will be interesting to compare with the first game. As for the reactions, people need to learn how to troll properly. You dont give a zero, you should give at least a 4 or 5 to avoid suspetion.

I just watched some of the game on youtube. I won't say what i think of it personally. but this game is going to be very divisive among fans.

hinch said:

Ironically, the fake backlash is likely going to make the game even more popular.

Just sad my game hasn't arrived yet :<

To judge by the line photos I've seen from the midnight launches around the world, I think you might be right about that. Some of the longest-stretching ones I've ever seen for a midnight video game launch. Even in countries like Russia, where the console market is much, much weaker. Also, unlike for the launches of most video games, lots and lots of women can seen standing in line in these photos.

BraLoD said:

My copy just shipped, I wasn't expecting it!

Let's go xD

Have fun. No matter your take on the story or characters, this will be an unforgettable experience. 

Mid (?) game spoilers.

Spoiler!

My most enjoyable parts so far are the flashbacks with Ellie and Joel.

Part of me wishes that the entire game was just young Ellie trying to find her place and fit in with the new group, her relationship with Joel still being strained after the original and whatever remains of the fireflies coming to get revenge on Joel.