By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2020 (May 25 - May 31)

Tagged games:

Yea even if the switch stopped selling Nintendo needs to ship more units bc there is no stock on shelves. But demand being really high i think it will have one of the best summer season ever for a console, atleast the best one for this gen.

Hopefully PM will be decent, it will need that momentum. I think there is no way they won't reach their 19 million forecast.

Around the Network

Was wondering if XC would take the top spot. Nope. Animal Crossing is going to be there for a while. Dammit Animal Crossing you are just being selfish at this point! Let some other games have a turn.

Damn Switch over 100k and AC refusing to go under 100k. The demand for Switch in Japan is just crazy.

Ring Fit also continues to push out fantastic numbers whenever it is in stock.

There might be a shoot to do soon with the stock, it has come down recently, it seems that it could still lose some ground still as long as Nintendo doesn't announce anything new but the next quarter report at the end of July is going to be incredible, the sales are absurd, they might again double the quarter YOY.

We should really open a few threads here to discuss the stocks of Nintendo, SONY Microsoft, and a few other big names. This would elevate VGC to a more serious level and increase the traffic eventually.

Amnesia said:

There might be a shoot to do soon with the stock, it has come down recently, it seems that it could still lose some ground still as long as Nintendo doesn't announce anything new but the next quarter report at the end of July is going to be incredible, the sales are absurd, they might again double the quarter YOY.

We should really open a few threads here to discuss the stocks of Nintendo, SONY Microsoft, and a few other big names. This would elevate VGC to a more serious level and increase the traffic eventually.

Last years April to June quarter was only 2.1m so forget double it, they could actually triple it.

Around the Network

Does Nintendo even need a big holiday game?? All this pent up demand will make holiday sales explode without much effort. Stock will be the only barrier imo

Nintendo basically has the giant momentum and the only thing stopping it are stock issues. The thing is, I still don't think we are seeing the true numbers that it could reach each week.

OTBWY said:
Nintendo basically has the giant momentum and the only thing stopping it are stock issues. The thing is, I still don't think we are seeing the true numbers that it could reach each week.

Johnlucas forsaw 4.1m wiis per month i forsee 4.1m switches per month

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Kaio_felipe said:
Marth said:
Its unknown how Gold Silver sold in its first 11 weeks but New Horizons certainly has the record for everything after that.

I checked here and Gold/Silver only sold less than 100k after 12 weeks: https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/36569/Japan/

(the 1st week didn't count, because it was the launch week: https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/36485/Japan/ )

If Animal Crossing stays at least another week over 100k, it could break that record (although sales are not as high as Gold/Silver, which by now had reached 6,3kk).

Aninal Crossing likely wins with digital factored in

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Animal Crossing with another 100k and Switch back at 100k!
Those PS4 numbers just looks so bad compared to it lol

Pocky Lover Boy!