By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 22, 2020 (May 25 - May 31)

Tagged games:

Marth said:
Its unknown how Gold Silver sold in its first 11 weeks but New Horizons certainly has the record for everything after that.

I checked here and Gold/Silver only sold less than 100k after 12 weeks: https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/36569/Japan/

(the 1st week didn't count, because it was the launch week: https://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/36485/Japan/ )

If Animal Crossing stays at least another week over 100k, it could break that record (although sales are not as high as Gold/Silver, which by now had reached 6,3kk).

It sounds good when you say "For the People", but what you really want is... a stronger army than the Knights, and the evil power to control the people.

(Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics)

Around the Network

I think it's safe to say that this will be the switch's best non holiday quarter, it will beat the 4.8m July to September 2019 Quarter that launched the lite. Not only is it in high demand in all of the three main regions but it has been out of stock and Nintendo will need a couple of million in reserve in store shelves for the following quarter. This could be a 6m Quarter putting the switch level with the Nes in just 40 months on the
market. That 19m 2020 forecast looks in danger already, this is going to be a 23 to 24m year for the switch and it's peak year as well.

Yea even if the switch stopped selling Nintendo needs to ship more units bc there is no stock on shelves. But demand being really high i think it will have one of the best summer season ever for a console, atleast the best one for this gen.

Hopefully PM will be decent, it will need that momentum. I think there is no way they won't reach their 19 million forecast.

Was wondering if XC would take the top spot. Nope. Animal Crossing is going to be there for a while. Dammit Animal Crossing you are just being selfish at this point! Let some other games have a turn.

Damn Switch over 100k and AC refusing to go under 100k. The demand for Switch in Japan is just crazy.

Ring Fit also continues to push out fantastic numbers whenever it is in stock.

Around the Network

There might be a shoot to do soon with the stock, it has come down recently, it seems that it could still lose some ground still as long as Nintendo doesn't announce anything new but the next quarter report at the end of July is going to be incredible, the sales are absurd, they might again double the quarter YOY.

We should really open a few threads here to discuss the stocks of Nintendo, SONY Microsoft, and a few other big names. This would elevate VGC to a more serious level and increase the traffic eventually.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Amnesia said:

There might be a shoot to do soon with the stock, it has come down recently, it seems that it could still lose some ground still as long as Nintendo doesn't announce anything new but the next quarter report at the end of July is going to be incredible, the sales are absurd, they might again double the quarter YOY.

We should really open a few threads here to discuss the stocks of Nintendo, SONY Microsoft, and a few other big names. This would elevate VGC to a more serious level and increase the traffic eventually.

Last years April to June quarter was only 2.1m so forget double it, they could actually triple it.

Does Nintendo even need a big holiday game?? All this pent up demand will make holiday sales explode without much effort. Stock will be the only barrier imo

So I guess with digital XC DE is probably over the 100K milestone. That's consistent with the sales of the series so far in Japan at least haha.

Boy, do these Switch sales out of place for the season were in. People crave it like nothing else !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Nintendo basically has the giant momentum and the only thing stopping it are stock issues. The thing is, I still don't think we are seeing the true numbers that it could reach each week.