By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official Protest Thread

That's some horrible stuff some US cops and troops are doing. Knew it was a bad timing for these protests with riots going on but I didn't expect a law-enforcement of a 1st world country to behave this badly against more peaceful crowd.. pretty much attacking people.

There seems to be some unrest developinh around Europe too, but I doubt it gets too serious. Here's a clip from our lovely neighbours: https://mobile.twitter.com/lovettejallow/status/1268233200473604096

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

I can't believe what's going on now in the USA, us vs them instead of protect and serve. Can you impeach a president two or even three times? (for covid19 handling and the current situation) How did it get this far out of control.

The House of Representatives could theoretically impeach the President as many times as they want, but it doesn't matter when there is no way the Senate will vote to convict. And the Senate has a position called Senate Majority Leader, which is defined entirely in Senate rules and not by the Constitution as the Speaker of the House is, and the Senate has chosen to give him virtually limitless power, which includes single-handedly grinding the entire Senate to a halt by refusing to bring legislation to the floor, refusing to hold hearings for Supreme Court Justices, and possibly even refusing to even hold an impeachment trial. The current leader, Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is honestly one of the biggest problems in government right now. A lot of issues effecting the entire country are being held hostage by a man who is only voted on by the residents of one state with a small population and an even smaller economic footprint.

Hiku said:

And separately I want to ask something.

Isn't holding a tyranical government in check supposed to be 2nd amendment conservatives bread and butter?
So where are all the armed militias protecting the peaceful protesters from the abusive police and military?

The problem is that when a large portion of armed citizens support a tyrannical government, they effectively turn into a paramilitary force for the government. But the armed militias sure showed up in force when they couldn't get their hair cut. 

My favorite thing in all of this.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Let me guess, it's not a 24/7 event in every place and hyperbole is used as always.
War zones can look very peaceful as well.

I bet some of these cops used to get bullied in school.

SvennoJ said:
JWeinCom said:

Let me guess, it's not a 24/7 event in every place and hyperbole is used as always.
War zones can look very peaceful as well.

Actually Meghan McCain has not been in New York City for several weeks.

I'm pretty sure at this point there have been more policemen committing crimes than looters and rioters. One of the two has the moral duty to do exactly zero crimes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sethnintendo said:
I bet some of these cops used to get bullied in school.

I bet that more of them were the bullies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.