By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, are we not gonna talk about this?

mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:

''Saying crap as all lives matter''? So you are saying some lives are more valuable than others?

You lost it right there.

You lost at the moment you mocked that all lives don't matter the same way.

The difference between you and me is that I had the courtesy to give you a proper answer.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
2020 is just a cursed year, that's what my theory is. It's kinda crazy how so many things went to shit month after month.

But at the end of the day, just gotta sit back and ride it out since there will always be a glorious sexy waifu waiting at the end of the dark tunnel.

I sure hope so Captain. I am really in need of a hot, busty waifu.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Nautilus said:
mZuzek said:

You lost it right there.

The difference between you and me is that I had the courtesy to give you a proper answer.

We all know that all lives matter, but this is a situation where a black man was killed by a police officer. It happens way too often. It happens to white people too, but most white people don't seem to care enough to protest it. They should. Remember seeing the white man crawling down a corridor terrified and crying and the police gunned him down because he wanted to pull his pants back up. Disgusting.

KLXVER said:
Nautilus said:

We all know that all lives matter, but this is a situation where a black man was killed by a police officer. It happens way too often. It happens to white people too, but most white people don't seem to care enough to protest it. They should. Remember seeing the white man crawling down a corridor terrified and crying and the police gunned him down because he wanted to pull his pants back up. Disgusting.

Exactly. No one here is mocking or trying to downplay the horrific act that policeman did, but I feel like we should never lose sight of what's most important: We are all human beings.Black people have the same rights as white people, who have the same rights as asian people, and so on.

Eh, I understand your frustration. But in order to keep myself mentally stable I try not to get involved in things I can't change or things I find unethical and instead focus on what I can change. I can't change anything about the fact that Corona exists, but I can wear a mask. I can't go and protest and loot, but I will donate and make my voice heard. I will denounce racism and condemn it and the petty and disgusting racism that America can display is not acceptable. However, this does not give people the right to destroy businesses, loot, and even harm other people. That's not going to help anyone. That bastard was arrested and charged with murder and if you ask me, so far so good. Now if he's found innocent...holy hell.

I understand the frustration within the Black Community and it takes extreme measures like this to even let our concerns be heard, but I'm sure looting and violence isn't the best way to go about doing so. The other side is, we've tried peaceful protest before when other innocent unarmed black men were killed and our voices get brushed to the side. It continues to happen. And when enough becomes enough, you lose sight of reason.

People like to blame both sides of the situation and to an extent that's fair. But, how can we make it so that one side won't have a reason to protest nonviolently or violently? We need new legislation and protocol for American law enforcement. Obviously there's a disparity between how Cops handle African American and White citizens. If we've paid attention to the past few weeks we've seen White citizens weaponize the color of African American's skin because they know how Cops treat us only for all of those case to be the fault of those people. It's revolting. Something needs to change. Protect and Serving for some is not working.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

Exactly. No one here is mocking or trying to downplay the horrific act that policeman did, but I feel like we should never lose sight of what's most important: We are all human beings.Black people have the same rights as white people, who have the same rights as asian people, and so on.

True, but this is about those incidents where black people are killed by the police.

If one person gets murdered, you don't call for all people to have justice. No you call for justice for the victim and their family.

Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

I see it in the same way as I see gay pride parades.  As a straight person, I've never received the message that my sexuality is wrong so I've never felt the need for a straight pride march.

Similarly, I've never felt like my life didn't matter because I was white... but apparently black people feel that way, and it's not hard to see why they might.  

Nautilus said:

''Saying crap as all lives matter''? So you are saying some lives are more valuable than others? God, these situation bring the worst on people...

The incopetent cop that killed that guy should be arrested and punished, I don't think there is any doubt about this. But I'm not supporting any protest that destroys a man's livelihood like the ones that ''Black Lives Matter'' are promoting right now. Or at least its members are causing. The irony in all this is that the same movement that is trying to save black lifes, is the same one that is ruining black lives, as many of the stores that have been vandalized are owned by black people. That's gold. Incredibly sad, but gold.

Both sides are at fault, and both sides should be punished. I don't see how much there is to be discussed.

Saying "all lives matter" as a response to "black lives matter" is not done in good faith. It's done to diminish the concerns of black people who face disproportionate police brutality. Well meaning centrists who take the movement's title statement at face value is why it has been so successful. 

Honestly, it's strategically pretty brilliant while disgusting in its intent because the centrist response writes itself. "Well why don't all lives matter?"

Torillian said:
Nautilus said:

''Saying crap as all lives matter''? So you are saying some lives are more valuable than others? God, these situation bring the worst on people...

The incopetent cop that killed that guy should be arrested and punished, I don't think there is any doubt about this. But I'm not supporting any protest that destroys a man's livelihood like the ones that ''Black Lives Matter'' are promoting right now. Or at least its members are causing. The irony in all this is that the same movement that is trying to save black lifes, is the same one that is ruining black lives, as many of the stores that have been vandalized are owned by black people. That's gold. Incredibly sad, but gold.

Both sides are at fault, and both sides should be punished. I don't see how much there is to be discussed.

Saying "all lives matter" as a response to "black lives matter" is not done in good faith. It's done to diminish the concerns of black people who face disproportionate police brutality. Well meaning centrists who take the movement's title statement at face value is why it has been so successful. 

Honestly, it's strategically pretty brilliant while disgusting in its intent because the centrist response writes itself. "Well why don't all lives matter?"

lol never thought about that. That is brilliant.

Torillian said:
Nautilus said:

sorry i care more about the 100s dieing each second in africa this very second whom life really shit on

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.