By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What happened in the US? My honest question as a foreigner

Tagged games:

Torillian said:
NinjaguyDan said:

You should look into "crisis actors"

I'm a little slammed right now but I will try to dig up some links for you soon if you're interested.

It's some eye opening shit.  

No, thank you. 

I think it's important to see that people like you really exist because it's often easy to think that noone could possibly believe this bullshit, but I do not want to go down your rabbit hole of conspiratorial idiocy. 

Awww man! And I had this great flat earth theory written up, about how the CIA army guarding the outer antarctic rim is actually a group of feminists who are trying to cover up the fact that Courtney Love murdered Chris Benoit in a cover up for the fact that he was the assassin who killed Tupac who held all of the information on the Illuminati and Area 51 where secret sleeper assassins trained to take out the September 11th buildings were triggered by reading Catcher in the Rye.

But since you're not interested in conspiracies........... 

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Torillian said:

No, thank you. 

I think it's important to see that people like you really exist because it's often easy to think that noone could possibly believe this bullshit, but I do not want to go down your rabbit hole of conspiratorial idiocy. 

Awww man! And I had this great flat earth theory written up, about how the CIA army guarding the outer antarctic rim is actually a group of feminists who are trying to cover up the fact that Courtney Love murdered Chris Benoit in a cover up for the fact that he was the assassin who killed Tupac who held all of the information on the Illuminati and Area 51 where secret sleeper assassins trained to take out the September 11th buildings were triggered by reading Catcher in the Rye.

But since you're not interested in conspiracies........... 

To be fair I had a stint of a couple days watching through a Youtube series by SpiritScience that has all kinds of crazy theories he says with absolute confidence, but not a lick of evidence. Like how the moon is a synthetic construct which we know because one time scientists nuked the moon and it rung like a bell. After a while, though, even the "so stupid it's funny" stuff is just depressing because some people aren't hate-watching it.  

NightlyPoe said:
sundin13 said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/

While certainly not everyone involved, it seems far from unlikely that white nationalist groups are attempting to fan the flames here...

And with info as thin as that, the conspiracy theory is born and we can play games of pointing fingers all day.

Thanks for the links.  Though, just think about how nutty it is for a moment.

What part of this is poorly supported, or a "conspiracy"? Make your argument.

NightlyPoe said:
sundin13 said:

What part of this is poorly supported, or a "conspiracy"? Make your argument.

The Minnesota officials made that statement days ago and haven't been able to back it up.  In fact, they had to backtrack on the statement in that link that most of the people arrested were from out of state.  Heck, the governor tried to blame the mob while he was at it.

Now, you tell me how this makes any sense.  What the heck is the endgame in expanding the protests of an event that shocks the conscience?

Seriously? The end game is painting the protesters as thugs and sewing racial discord.

This isn't complicated.

NightlyPoe said:
sundin13 said:

Seriously? The end game is painting the protesters as thugs and sewing racial discord.

This isn't complicated.

It seems pretty complicated to me.  For groups that haven't shown much in the way of coordinated sophistication or funding to suddenly, in the space of about 48 hours, come up with this plan, develop the tactics and supplies necessary, and send people out to Minnesota to carry out this nefarious plot with the tact needed to make a bunch of black people act a fool and profit(?) from making a weekend story into a historical moment.

Right wing extremist groups are hardly known for their tact and cunning.

Every single point you just tried to make was terrible and wrong.

I'm going to bed.

Around the Network

I have been a liberal my whole life, I studied at the Benjamin Franklin Pierce School of Humanity.
I voted a straight democratic ticket in every election since I registered.  Although, my soul would not let me vote for Hillary.
My moderation history shows me getting a couple of short bans for...   Flaming Conservatives!  I sincerely apologize to them.

It wasn't easy swallowing the red pill, realizing that everything I believed up to that point was utterly wrong.

Am I crazy?  Perhaps, but at least I'm not stupid anymore.  I have rejected the left/right paradigm. 

Current events made me snap. Things are not as they seem.  I was just pointing out that it all looks like it was organized.  In my educated opinion, the corporate news media can't be trusted.  How many MSM reporters have spouses or other relatives that are former obama administration officials or work for the DNC?  (homework!)

I will gladly take the slings and arrows because I know the future will bear me out.

In the coming days, justice will be served. Hundreds, if not thousands of individuals will win an all-inclusive vacation at Club Fed!
When it happens, don't be outraged that they have been arrested.  Be outraged by what they did to get there.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”

-Frank Zappa

He knew what was going on and I believe that is playing out right now.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

SpokenTruth said:
NightlyPoe said:

And... you think the only option is white supremacists?

1). It can't be the better funded and more organized radical leftists that have turned violent protests into a well-oiled machine?  2). Just... gotta be the bad guys laying out bricks?

3). You don't see your blind spot here?

1). What radical leftist organization in the US is more well funded and better organized than the KKK, QAnon, NRA, Kock Brothers, the police themselves, Oath Keepers, etc...

2). Thanks for noting that the white supremacists are the bad guys.  

3). Occam's Razor.

Antifa seems to be semiorganised to well organised depending on area,those are radical leftists/anarchists.

That seems a tiny bit more reasonable to think instead of thinking about white supremacist groups.

Immersiveunreality said:
SpokenTruth said:

1). What radical leftist organization in the US is more well funded and better organized than the KKK, QAnon, NRA, Kock Brothers, the police themselves, Oath Keepers, etc...

2). Thanks for noting that the white supremacists are the bad guys.  

3). Occam's Razor.

Antifa seems to be semiorganised to well organised depending on area,those are radical leftists/anarchists.

That seems a tiny bit more reasonable to think instead of thinking about white supremacist groups.

Antifa stands for Anti-Fascism.
They oppose fascism.

Sounds bad right? So you ask yourself what is facsim then?

Facism:
Far-Right world view of Ultra-nationalism (remember "USA 1st" chants?), characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy. Fascism is opposed to Liberalisim. They dont believe in true freedom, or liberity or a liberal democracy. They believe you need to have a totalitarian one party state, to have a effective nation armed against threats and economical difficulties. Its a state run by a dictator, who achieves national unity and social order (through enforcement if needed (ei. police + military is the solution to any problem, if theres unrest in society). Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation. War is big bussiness, lets build a society on it. They dont believe in globalism (ei. everything we need, stays within our borders) and heavily favor protectionism and interventionalist policies.

Just wanna point out: Trump checks alot of these markers (above).

I wont rule out that there could be Antifa kicking the hornets nest in the middle of all this.
Just like I wont rule out, that white power & far right groups are likely doing the same.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 June 2020

JRPGfan said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Antifa stands for Anti-Fascism.
They oppose fascism.

Sounds bad right? So you ask yourself what is facsim then?

Facism:
Far-Right world view of Ultra-nationalism (remember "USA 1st" chants?), characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, as well as strong regimentation of society and of the economy. Fascism is opposed to Liberalisim. They dont believe in true freedom, or liberity or a liberal democracy. They believe you need to have a totalitarian one party state, to have a effective nation armed against threats and economical difficulties. Its a state run by a dictator, who achieves national unity and social order (through enforcement if needed (ei. police + military is the solution to any problem, if theres unrest in society). Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation. War is big bussiness, lets build a society on it. They dont believe in globalism (ei. everything we need, stays within our borders) and heavily favor protectionism and interventionalist policies.

Just wanna point out: Trump checks alot of these markers (above).

I wont rule out that there could be Antifa kicking the hornets nest in the middle of all this.
Just like I wont rule out, that white power & far right groups are likely doing the same.

Yes i know what the name means,but if the name said it all then a lot of groups with bad behaviour could be considered the good guys.

White power/far right groups could be doing it yes but it seems more likely to me that they get bigger ''support'' from a far left group.

sethnintendo said:

It's bad but there is a decent amount of media hype to everything also. I'm living in suburb of Austin so not much protesting here. It is all taking place in downtown Austin. They did manage to shutdown the main interstate I35 for a little. I think that is stupid they should stick to access roads not the damn highway. Also the vandals and other bad apples are just hurting the cause.  Some of the protesters signs were also stupid.  I saw one in Austin said Abolish Police...  Lol wtf yea right. How about better training and accountability?  That sounds like a more realistic option.

USA has had many riots throughout the decades so nothing new. I'd say the riots in France last year or whatever where worse than these so far. Arson and looting needs to stop.

Honestly protesting works sometimes but usually it doesn't do shit. Just look at the occupy wall street protest during the great recession. They didn't accomplish shit and the rich have only been rewarded with even more tax breaks. 

The civil rights protest during MLK Jr days were mainly nonviolent marches and sit-ins even though they were met with violence they remained mostly non violent.  They actually were able to accomplish some legislation victories.

Haaaaaaaa, not even. There were tons of riots and, general violence, back then as well.