By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saber: "There is more developers can get out of the Switch hardware" "Fans will be surprised at some of the upcoming titles for it"

Pemalite said:
zorg1000 said:

So you're saying if I play one of their current gen ports, my Switch could catch fire?

I heard the "F" word and came here straight away.

That put a smile on my face :)

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
zorg1000 said:

So you're saying if I play one of their current gen ports, my Switch could catch fire?

I heard the "F" word and came here straight away.

Good thing you showed up, this whole forum was about to go up in flames.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:
I think more or less the Switch can run any game than can run on an XB1/PS4 ... the issue is the image quality can get pretty ugly looking and some devs probably don't want that.

With the next Switch, DLSS can help solve that problem by providing acceptable to great image quality even from very low resolutions.

Seems like you ignored Pemalite and CGI explanation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Saber....?

It's like Bluepoint but for some non-Sony games.

4 ≈ One

Well, Saber are already upping their own ante, having gone on record as saying their port of World War Z for Switch is the hardest thing they've worked on, including Witcher 3, and looking at gameplay footage of the console/PC versions, I can well believe it.

This time last year a Switch port of Witcher 3 seemed like an impossibility, and you'd probably be laughed at if you suggested it.

I have a feeling that by the time Switch is done it will have hosted ports that make even Witcher 3 and World War Z seem like no big deal.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The "hardware limitations" of the Switch are severly over reported.  Any third party game that is on the PS4 right now could be ported to the Switch if the devs wanted.  The real limitation is in cart size.  Carts cost more than discs.  That's the limitation.  Consequently, we mostly see smaller sized games ported over.  As cart prices come down, we'll see more third party games with a larger file size.  That's when we'll know who really wants their games on the Switch and who is blowing smoke. (e.g. EA)

You spelled "Capcom" wrong.

U just reminded me, popped in my mega man anniv collection. I got it used cuz I dont care for digital. It was the 1st time I played since switching SD cards. To play mega man 1-6 that is supposedly on the cart. ... there was a required download.  For 6 nes games! Wow capcom just f ing wow. >:(

Nogamez said:
I own Witcher 3 and Hellblade on ps4 and Switch, and whiles its great to game on the go, they really suprise you how bad they look when you first boot them up on Switch but then you kind of get used to them. Hellblade is basically ruined in dock mode because you cant plug in headphone because Nintendo doesnt like giving you options. So yeah im sure these games can come but they are going to be heavily stripped back.

U have a set of Sony golds? Ive read they work for most games in docked mode as headphones.  That was like 5 updates ago tho.

Im not big on pixel count but if we could get higher fps and full AAA games on disc that would be nice. Lotso ppl talkin bout how much life the switch has left. I feel like mines already on life support :( nmh 3 cant come soon enough.

zorg1000 said:
Fight-the-Streets said:
Red Dead 2 would also be nice.

What I'm wondering is how the hell they haven't decided to port GTA V yet.

Kinda baffling. I assumed that game would get ported in 2018 and it still hasn't happened.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

CarcharodonKraz said:
Im not big on pixel count but if we could get higher fps and full AAA games on disc that would be nice.

Well, it depends on the publisher; CD Projekt Red stepped up with Witcher 3 and put it all on a 32GB card. The port by Saber themselves had a pretty good framerate too, all things considered; it ran about the same as the PS4 version which is no small feat.