By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Saber: "There is more developers can get out of the Switch hardware" "Fans will be surprised at some of the upcoming titles for it"

The CEO of Saber, the company responsible for the Switch port of Witcher 3 and the upcoming ports of Crysis Remastered and World War Z has had some interesting and positive things to say about Nintendo's system in a recent interview:

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/443656/saber-ceo-switch-still-has-a-lot-of-great-potential-excited-for-xbox-series-x-and-ps5/

"We are big fans of the Nintendo Switch and feel there is still a lot of great potential in the hardware and the platform," said Karch. "We have had enormous success so far, launching many titles on the Switch, and we are continuing to develop for the platform. We do feel there is more developers can get out of the Switch hardware, and we think fans will be surprised at some of the upcoming titles for it."

Around the Network

First will be all jokes and laughs when the rumors start to show up, then people will bite their tongues when it turns out to be true. The Witcher 3 gave us a hell of a ride, can't wait for the next big game

Edit: And yet we can still see people moving goal posts. Gotta love how they backpedaled since the first news of the Switcher

Last edited by 160rmf - on 26 May 2020

We reap what we sow

There is always more "on the table" so to speak. - It just comes with diminishing returns for the amount of effort/development time/money invested.

The Switch still has a ton more life left in it yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

hmmm.... Then why isnt Witcher 3 running higher res on the Switch?

JRPGfan said:

That's before the february patch. That's not relevant anymore.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

They have been steadily updating and patching the game, mate.

v3.5 vs v3.6

EDF

Darksiders III

Dragon's Crown

Guilty Gear XRD (or maybe the new one)

Injustice 2

Metal Wolf Chaos XD

Odin Sphere

Shenmue I & II HD

Tokyo Xanadu

.Hack/GU

Ys Origin

Assault Suit Leynos Remake

Darius Burst

VanQuish

Soldner X2

Uppers

I know Saber is porting big stuff and most of that list is not but some of the higher-profile stuff I could see them porting. Rest of the list is just games I'm still puzzled why some other smaller studios have nort ported them to Switch. I own all of these on PS4/Vita but man it would be cool on Switch.

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 May 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JRPGfan said:

Hardware limitation 

Just gonna let the games speak for themselves. I trust devs that have actively been porting to Switch than random users on a forum simply replying with "hardware limitations" to a game where "hardware limitations" used to be the excuse for why it couldn't come over in the first place.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Saber....?