By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake has achieved the highest launch for the Final Fantasy brand of ALL TIME in the US

Tagged games:

Xxain said:
So what were FFXV's numbers again?

If I'm not wrong shipped 5M first week.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Good. Despite my many criticisms it is my favorite JRPG of all time. I'm very critical of games in general, but FF7 remake did set a new bar in many aspects. To be fair I never played the original (and probably missed out on many other good JRPGs), but I really see why so many people cared about this game's story so much. It's truly iconic in a way that other FF games never resonated with me at the same level. Given similar praise to FF6 (one of the few other FF games I never played), I hope after this is complete they consider remaking that in a similar manner.

It also makes me wish Nintendo actually gave the Pokemon IP to a competent dev who could remake Gen 1 or 2 in a truly remade way. As much as people like the Go remakes on Switch, I grew up with those games and they aren't even close to something that would get me to play them out of nostalgia. I want the 2D world turned into a 3D world as this game accomplished, more integration with the original anime series (as yellow did to a very small extent), and graphics that are actually utilizing modern tech. The Go games just didn't accomplish that in any way for me. I really wish the Pokemon fanbase had similar standards and voiced these desires the same way the FF7 fanbase has for years. Without the dedication of players this remake never would have happened so I have to give major thanks to the original fanbase.

Fantastic game doing fantastically well. Im glad. Its very well deserved.
Now if we could get a Suikoden Remake, that'd be great.

RolStoppable said:
This is what I would call impressive.

NPD uses a methodology that makes it hard to compare games because they can have a very different amount of days during their given tracking periods. Final Fantasy XV had more than four weeks of sales during its launch month on top of being a holiday release, Final Fantasy VII Remake had just over three weeks, but came out on top anyway.

I agree. Impressive, I hope the game sells comparatively to the recent first party sony successes. 

mM

well slap on some facepaint and it sells beter than new content, great really great

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well deserved! Loved every minute of the game.

Love the game myself, despite the criticisms I have expressed (which I still stand by). Very happy to see the game doing well, and looking forward to part 2!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

trunkswd said:

The hype for FF7R clearly shows with the sales. Now will it have the legs of FFXV or not? Or will it be more like Death Stranding. Good opening, then a huge drop off. 

Despite the divisive ending and a few graphical bugs here and there, word of mouth seems to be overwhelmingly positive. When you factor in ports on other platforms next year, potentially next gen versions too, it's going to smash FFXV and probably even challenge the original FFVII's ~12 Million total.

Congrats to it, this spin-off has done well. I wonder how part 2 will do.

As a fan of the series, it's a shame though, as it seems ATB is gone and button mashers is what we have left. FF16 can't come quick enough to disappoint me.

Hmm, pie.

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

Good. Despite my many criticisms it is my favorite JRPG of all time. I'm very critical of games in general, but FF7 remake did set a new bar in many aspects. To be fair I never played the original (and probably missed out on many other good JRPGs), but I really see why so many people cared about this game's story so much. It's truly iconic in a way that other FF games never resonated with me at the same level. Given similar praise to FF6 (one of the few other FF games I never played), I hope after this is complete they consider remaking that in a similar manner.

It also makes me wish Nintendo actually gave the Pokemon IP to a competent dev who could remake Gen 1 or 2 in a truly remade way. As much as people like the Go remakes on Switch, I grew up with those games and they aren't even close to something that would get me to play them out of nostalgia. I want the 2D world turned into a 3D world as this game accomplished, more integration with the original anime series (as yellow did to a very small extent), and graphics that are actually utilizing modern tech. The Go games just didn't accomplish that in any way for me. I really wish the Pokemon fanbase had similar standards and voiced these desires the same way the FF7 fanbase has for years. Without the dedication of players this remake never would have happened so I have to give major thanks to the original fanbase.

Funnily enough I also thought of Pokemom when playing it. I think it was inbetween these fish monsters blowing bubbles at me as an attack and being turned into a toad by another monster.

Even if they cut the pokemon list down to 70 or something I'd love a cinematic spinoff with a reinvented battle system which really conveys the personality/weakbesses/strength of each pokemon you come across. One can dream.

Well deserved sales for FFVII, the production value was really beyond any entry before it. Hope they iron out the few flaws that kept it from being a masterpiece like the inflated level design.