By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake has achieved the highest launch for the Final Fantasy brand of ALL TIME in the US

Tagged games:

The Fury said:

Congrats to it, this spin-off has done well. I wonder how part 2 will do.

As a fan of the series, it's a shame though, as it seems ATB is gone and button mashers is what we have left. FF16 can't come quick enough to disappoint me.

Have you tried to beat the game by button mashing? Pretty sure it's not possible. Also I remember spamming attack 80% of the time in Midgar in the original.  

But I would also love if FF16 returned to an evolved turn base system where you manage the team at the same time and the camera was freed up for cinematic purposes.

Last edited by Otter - on 23 May 2020

Around the Network

We still don't know the global total somehow.

BraLoD said:
See Sony? Your turn.

LoD Remake part 1 of 10

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I have a special kind of hate for this game. First of all I purchased this game without realizing it was just the Midgar saga. Completely blame myself and won’t make that mistake again. Second, despite being a phenomenal experience with a few minor criticisms, the last chapter was so bad It eclipsed any good memories I had from the experience. I have absolutely no more interest in the game. That Last chapter and ending was fucking stupid.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

The Fury said:

As a fan of the series, it's a shame though, as it seems ATB is gone and button mashers is what we have left. FF16 can't come quick enough to disappoint me.

Spin-off? button mashers? What?

Around the Network

Where are those 'FFXV shipped more" posters at LMAO

FF7R is going to demolish FF records and it will do that on PS4 alone. The opening itself was on the level of Spiderman, GOW, UC4 which all went on to sell 15 million+ on PS4.

I'm guessing it will do 10 million+ on PS4 alone. LTD of 13-15 million.

hatmoza said:
I have a special kind of hate for this game. First of all I purchased this game without realizing it was just the Midgar saga. Completely blame myself and won’t make that mistake again. Second, despite being a phenomenal experience with a few minor criticisms, the last chapter was so bad It eclipsed any good memories I had from the experience. I have absolutely no more interest in the game. That Last chapter and ending was fucking stupid.

Nomura's Kingdom Hearts crossover in the final chapter has been pretty divisive. I kind of loved and hated it, and it's now left me both interested and worried about what they might do next.

Impressive sales though. Hopefully that incentivises them to take less than half a decade before releasing the next part of this 3-10 part project.

I'm HUGELY critical of this damn game as well but at the same time love it to death so clearly I'm happy it's doing well. I just can't help it, it truly is a magnificent gaming experience. Best gameplay in any FF game but story architecture was presented more beautifully in the original. If they stuck with that blueprint for the remake and padded it it would have been more spectacular.

I'm just at Wall Market right now myself and @23 hours. I have to say it....why oh whyyyyy did they have to give Wall Market new theme music? I hate it. Who ever thought this was going to be a good idea can go suck the big one lol.

Kowan said:
The Fury said:

Spin-off? button mashers? What?

Don’t feed the troll.

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

LoD Remake part 1 of 10

20 years in the making, 20 years of releases.

Couldn't be better.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."