By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 20, 2020 (May 11 - May 17)

Tagged games:

The_Liquid_Laser said:
zorg1000 said:

You're joking, right? Its 6 months old and will have boosts when the expansions release.

There are 5 games above it that are both older than 6 months and have less lifetime sales.  Front loaded.

Other games having amazing legs doesn't mean this game has poor legs.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
MasonADC said:
src said:

Stop lying. I never said that.

The second week of FF7R had 96% sell out and hence stock issues. I see nothing really wrong with stock of FF7R since then.

No its not. That doesn't even make sense. Most people can wait a week.

AC NH had big stock issues but in the long term it doesn't mean anything as it gets replenished.

Seems like a poor excuse for those that can't accept a PS4 SKU beating a SW SKU even though its happened many times.

As I said, not having stock for a game that is frontloaded is horrible. JRPGs already don’t have legs and now the legs are even worse due to no stock. Are we really comparing AC to trials of mana? This isn’t the first time a square Enix game has been undershipped on a Nintendo console so why can’t you seem to accept the reality 

I'm not the one having a problem with reality. That would be you, you can't even find the numbers to support your argument.

You're not making any sense. So what if one week had stock shortages. It gets replenished and most people can wait a week will buy it next week. Trying to act like the week's shortage is the reason the SW SKU is 30k behind the PS4 SKU LMAO

You know whats even funnier. Even with stock being replenished the SW SKU is still below the PS4 SKU.

Wyrdness said:
src said:

Stop lying. I never said that.

The second week of FF7R had 96% sell out and hence stock issues. I see nothing really wrong with stock of FF7R since then.

No its not. That doesn't even make sense. Most people can wait a week.

AC NH had big stock issues but in the long term it doesn't mean anything as it gets replenished.

Seems like a poor excuse for those that can't accept a PS4 SKU beating a SW SKU even though its happened many times.

In other words you did then you just flat out admitted it here and this is the same argument they're putting forward.

Nope because I never said FF7R's stock issues stopped it from selling in future weeks. Try again. Maybe you'll get it right third time.

src said:
MasonADC said:

As I said, not having stock for a game that is frontloaded is horrible. JRPGs already don’t have legs and now the legs are even worse due to no stock. Are we really comparing AC to trials of mana? This isn’t the first time a square Enix game has been undershipped on a Nintendo console so why can’t you seem to accept the reality 

I'm not the one having a problem with reality. That would be you, you can't even find the numbers to support your argument.

You're not making any sense. So what if one week had stock shortages. It gets replenished and most people can wait a week will buy it next week. Trying to act like the week's shortage is the reason the SW SKU is 30k behind the PS4 SKU LMAO

You know whats even funnier. Even with stock being replenished the SW SKU is still below the PS4 SKU.

For the most part people aren't just going to wait around for it to get in stock when they have other options, such as buying a digital copy, buying a used copy, or buying the PS4 version for multi-console owners.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

src said:
MasonADC said:

Wyrdness said:

In other words you did then you just flat out admitted it here and this is the same argument they're putting forward.

Nope because I never said FF7R's stock issues stopped it from selling in future weeks. Try again. Maybe you'll get it right third time.

Except no one is talking about future weeks that's you alone twisting their comments they're talking about current and past weeks much like you admitted yourself with VIIR only with them the number they're using line up with what they're saying with you it wasn't the case.

zorg1000 said:
src said:

For the most part people aren't just going to wait around for it to get in stock when they have other options, such as buying a digital copy, buying a used copy, or buying the PS4 version for multi-console owners.

True, there are even more options, for instance putting down the money into another game if they don't get their first choice. Also there is a secondary effect. People that buy a game first week are telling their friends about it and they might buy the game later on. If you lose first week sales, you lose also some of these secondary sales.

As we know from other regions that the Switch version is there actually selling stronger than the PS4 version, we can be pretty confident that Square lost sales over this initial undershipping. How much is hard to guess though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
src said:
MasonADC said:

Wyrdness said:

It hasn’t been only one week though. There has been talks of stock issues since launch. Would people really wait repeatedly when there are other options rather than a physical version of a frontloaded JPRG?   Why are you repeating talking about the PS4? I haven’t mentioned it once and it’s coming off like you’re obsessed. 

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There are 5 games above it that are both older than 6 months and have less lifetime sales.  Front loaded.

For Nintendo standard the legs definitely look disappointing though. 

newwil7l said:
zorg1000 said:

For Nintendo standard the legs definitely look disappointing though. 

Not really, its legs are pretty common for pokemon.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

It means that Pokemon is front loaded.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
zorg1000 said:

It means that Pokemon is front loaded.

If Pokemon in general is frontloaded than what sense does it make to declare the most recent title is frontloaded?

"Pokemon is performing like Pokemon" is about as useless as a statement one can make.