By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 20, 2020 (May 11 - May 17)

Tagged games:

What's the lowest week for PS4 in Japan to date? 6k is pretty bleak.

Around the Network
src said:

And? FF7R broke the sell through records on PS4, somewhere around 96+%.

I ain't the one out here saying that a weekly shortage is somehow stopping FF7R from selling 1.5 million.

You've previously argued with people that VIIR has stock issues even with each week showing a decline but here you're turning around and saying to people if the is demand stock can be replenished that's the point. That's a contradictory stance considering you use the same argument they're using.

src said:
Wyrdness said:

Aren't you the one pushing the same stock argument for FFVIIR?

I ain't the one out here saying that a weekly shortage is somehow stopping FF7R from selling 1.5 million.

Mnementh said:

A sudden increase by 128% is a strong indication, that the week before it was supply constrained. I doubt though that it will outsell the PS4-version long-term as the poster before claimed, that ship has sailed with the initial undershipping.

Undershipping is not the reason. If there is demand it will be replenished, hence why even after demand has been met the SW SKU is still below the PS4 SKU.

Its the audience.

Not having stock at launch for a game that is going to be frontloaded is detrimental to their sales. There was posts on era  from people actually in japan they the switch version was having physical shortages so I don’t understand why you are trying to say it wasn’t. It was square’s fault alongside with retailers for under estimating the switch  

Wyrdness said:
src said:

You've previously argued with people that VIIR has stock issues even with each week showing a decline but here you're turning around and saying to people if the is demand stock can be replenished that's the point. That's a contradictory stance considering you use the same argument they're using.

Stop lying. I never said that.

The second week of FF7R had 96% sell out and hence stock issues. I see nothing really wrong with stock of FF7R since then.

MasonADC said:
src said:

Undershipping is not the reason. If there is demand it will be replenished, hence why even after demand has been met the SW SKU is still below the PS4 SKU.

Its the audience.

Not having stock at launch for a game that is going to be frontloaded is detrimental to their sales. There was posts on era  from people actually in japan they the switch version was having physical shortages so I don’t understand why you are trying to say it wasn’t. It was square’s fault alongside with retailers for under estimating the switch  

No its not. That doesn't even make sense. Most people can wait a week.

AC NH had big stock issues but in the long term it doesn't mean anything as it gets replenished.

Seems like a poor excuse for those that can't accept a PS4 SKU beating a SW SKU even though its happened many times.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Can't believe Pokemon is already down to #13. Man, that was a front loaded game.

You're joking, right? Its 6 months old and will have boosts when the expansions release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
src said:
Wyrdness said:

The second week of FF7R had 96% sell out and hence stock issues. I see nothing really wrong with stock of FF7R since then.

MasonADC said:

AC NH had big stock issues but in the long term it doesn't mean anything as it gets replenished.

Seems like a poor excuse for those that can't accept a PS4 SKU beating a SW SKU even though its happened many times.

As I said, not having stock for a game that is frontloaded is horrible. JRPGs already don’t have legs and now the legs are even worse due to no stock. Are we really comparing AC to trials of mana? This isn’t the first time a square Enix game has been undershipped on a Nintendo console so why can’t you seem to accept the reality 

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Can't believe Pokemon is already down to #13. Man, that was a front loaded game.

You're joking, right? Its 6 months old and will have boosts when the expansions release.

Yea I don't get Laser's comment. Selling within the top 15 weekly for 6 months sounds like the opposite, especially considering the big highs during the first few weeks for Pokemon. How do you even measure short legs or being front loaded? 6 months is a long time.

Truly frontloaded games don't even show up on the charts 6 months after launch, much less at number 13.

src said:
Wyrdness said:

MasonADC said:

In other words you did then you just flat out admitted it here and this is the same argument they're putting forward.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

There are 5 games above it that are both older than 6 months and have less lifetime sales.  Front loaded.