By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something strange i've noticed in games

After Sonic a bunch of platformers on 16-bit consoles has loops in a level. Almost every JRPG in the 90s had a ghost ship in the middle of the game. (Even in 2008 Tales of Vesperia did this and in 2020 the remake of Trials of Mana) Last gen how many games had a walking and talking section?

Games follow trends. Copy one another homework. Every single AAA game demoed at E3 in the 7th gen was "gameplay" of footage of two characters walking in some environment having some chit chat, then a big action piece of shooting and explosions and WOW GRAPHICS! After that some tense running and talking and then a stinger of something big, fade to black and then either logo or release date or both.

Right now the split mountain with light is not much different than a few years ago every superhero film had blue laser in the sky.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

What other people said.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Yes, and what is up with spiky protagonist hair? It shows up in so many games. Freemasons or Illuminati, take your pick!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's a loading/rendering trick, just like squeezing through a gap, only the gap is bigger! The light is there to hide what's behind it so it doesn't need to be rendered yet.

It just looks cool, easy way to make a visual reference point.

SvennoJ said:
It's a loading/rendering trick, just like squeezing through a gap, only the gap is bigger! The light is there to hide what's behind it so it doesn't need to be rendered yet.

It just looks cool, easy way to make a visual reference point.

Not it's got nothing to do with render. Since you can either pass through it, and in some instances, interact with it. 

Around the Network

AbbathTheGrim said:
A hole with light is always a an opportunity to showcase illumination. We like light. Our ancestors even worshiped the Sun.

Yes, but in journey, it was a gateway for reincarnation and recyle of life. 

Guys, what if everyone in this thread downplaying the idea is part of the VG illuminati?!

Wake up sheeple!

Leynos said:
After Sonic a bunch of platformers on 16-bit consoles has loops in a level. Almost every JRPG in the 90s had a ghost ship in the middle of the game. (Even in 2008 Tales of Vesperia did this and in 2020 the remake of Trials of Mana) Last gen how many games had a walking and talking section?

Games follow trends. Copy one another homework. Every single AAA game demoed at E3 in the 7th gen was "gameplay" of footage of two characters walking in some environment having some chit chat, then a big action piece of shooting and explosions and WOW GRAPHICS! After that some tense running and talking and then a stinger of something big, fade to black and then either logo or release date or both.

Right now the split mountain with light is not much different than a few years ago every superhero film had blue laser in the sky.

I understand what you mean, but what i'm talking of isn't something to be used as a cool design trope.  I feel there needs to be a meaning behind it. In journey for example it was a gateway for reincarnation, light  to the otherside. I was just hoping that someone may have seen it a book somewhere or a reference to some gate way or meaning of the light. In some other games, it's obscure, and not easily found.

As for the superhero films, that blue light might be a gateway to the other world. Superman, iron men, men of steel, giants and and all that we have seen, seem to take inspiration from stuff written in the book of enoch and scrips predating the bible and the oldest of religions. 

RolStoppable said:
sundin13 said:
Guys, what if everyone in this thread downplaying the idea is part of the VG illuminati?!

Wake up sheeple!

I had the same thought. People shouldn't forget the most important rule of life:

Don't trust nobody.

Critical thinking is super ultra important.

im quite sure it was dont trust people with kim possible avatars

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.