Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X's cross-gen approach is robbing players of the next-gen thrill


If you paid some attention for instance towards the UE5 demo the main word for me was scalability.
Guess what that scalability isnt only in the UE5 but in most engines.
Dont worry with about double the power of the One X its going to look great

 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:

Also most PC gamers also still play on potato spec that they cannot ignore..

So in your opinion PS4 also has potato specs, since two third of the Steam PCs are already faster.



Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

Also most PC gamers also still play on potato spec that they cannot ignore..

So in your opinion PS4 also has potato specs, since two third of the Steam PCs are already faster.

If you mean 3rd party developer/Publisher  , i already mentioned  that on my comment they willing to support those PS4 and Potato PC spec. But Sony first party already focusing on next gen after TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima. Sony are the one who willing to sell next gen console more then Microsoft. Sony will move away from PS4 that's for sure so . Yes PS4 is potato. 

Also your claim about two third steam user are already faster is still not proving anything, i made a thread about how PC will be changing and most of the reply most of PC gamer don't want to upgrade. and wait to upgrading. Also not all game gaming on Steam some of them use Epic, GOG and pirated games. 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 17 May 2020

Mr Puggsly said:
"Where was the pizzazz? The mind-blowing graphics? The huge step in gaming experiences that we've been waiting for?"

I think these morons forget we didn't really have that in 2013 either. Most was cross gen, while the next gen exclusives weren't amazing. Some of the most impressive games this gen came years later or will be here at the end.

Anyhow, another great find by goopy.

We've been through this many times. It isn't so much about the quality of the early next gen titles. People just want to be amazed by these next gen consoles. Even Knack 3, looking like that Unreal demo is going to get people more excited than most cross platform games. Maybe they'll not rush out to buy it, but they'll be excited about the promise of what's next. Sure, you could say games like Infamous SS and Shadowfall were glorified tech demo's but they were still a very important marketing tool to showcase their hardware and get people fired up for next gen. Hell, we've just seen that even an actual engine tech demo gets people more excited than any of the cross gen games MS showed so far.

Maybe MS will show us the good stuff in July, but if that'll just be their usual exclusives with an "optimized for Series X" logo, won't they get the same reaction as their last conference? 



So being pro consumer is now letting down said consumers....?

Most games have always been cross gen for about 2 years for new consoles.  It is why the "PS4 has no gamez" and the "indiestation 4" became a thing at the start of last gen.  The only difference is that MS is allowing you to only have to buy the game once if you don't have the money or supplies are limited for next gen.

People hating on this move are really trying too hard...



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
"Where was the pizzazz? The mind-blowing graphics? The huge step in gaming experiences that we've been waiting for?"

I think these morons forget we didn't really have that in 2013 either. Most was cross gen, while the next gen exclusives weren't amazing. Some of the most impressive games this gen came years later or will be here at the end.

Anyhow, another great find by goopy.

We've been through this many times. It isn't so much about the quality of the early next gen titles. People just want to be amazed by these next gen consoles. Even Knack 3, looking like that Unreal demo is going to get people more excited than most cross platform games. Maybe they'll not rush out to buy it, but they'll be excited about the promise of what's next. Sure, you could say games like Infamous SS and Shadowfall were glorified tech demo's but they were still a very important marketing tool to showcase their hardware and get people fired up for next gen. Hell, we've just seen that even an actual engine tech demo gets people more excited than any of the cross gen games MS showed so far.

Maybe MS will show us the good stuff in July, but if that'll just be their usual exclusives with an "optimized for Series X" logo, won't they get the same reaction as their last conference? 

Pretty sure MS is gona have some trailer for something that is so early in development that is gona look great. Like what they did with hellblade. Xbox fans are gona fall for it and hype it for years until it actually shows up, but most online are gona keep showing the same disapointment. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Shiken said:
So being pro consumer is now letting down said consumers....?

Kinda looks like it considering the reactions both companies got on their stream. Personally, I also find it odd. For months MS has been telling us about their next gen strategy and most thought it was great. Everybody and their grandmother was applauding "Smart delivery" but now that they finally showed those games and they didn't have that wow factor, people were disappointed. 



Otter said:
Haven't read it past the first line because its talking about the third party event, where third parties put their games has little to do with Microsoft and will be cross gen on PS5 too.

In regards to 1st party we'll have to wait til July to see whether Microsoft is making impressive use of the hardware or just rendering Xbox One games at 4k/&60fps.

Exactly this. It was advertised as a third party event. The author was expecting big partners like Activision and CDPR, she clearly wasn’t paying attention. 

Mr Puggsly said:
"Where was the pizzazz? The mind-blowing graphics? The huge step in gaming experiences that we've been waiting for?"

I think these morons forget we didn't really have that in 2013 either. Most was cross gen, while the next gen exclusives weren't amazing. Some of the most impressive games this gen came years later or will be here at the end.

Anyhow, another great find by goopy.

Yes another great, optimistic find by the goop. Also you clearly forgot about Knack, Resogun, and Lococycle. Pushing those consoles to the max.



Smart Delivery and CrossGen aren't he same thing. Without Smart Delivery, CrossGen would still exist, but in a crappy anti-consumer form if you will. I'm all for Smart Delivery.



They're doing exactly what PC has been doing for years. I'm pretty sure nobody claims PC games don't show a graphical and/or technical improvement. Quite the opposite actually, PC games are often the best from a technical perspective.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702