Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

Anyone else give Bug Fables: the Everlasting Sapling a shot? My brother got copies for himself and me and while he's made it much farther, we're both liking it. the reviews I've read all make it clear that it's basically a spiritual successor to Paper Mario 64 and The THousand Year door!

IF anyone else has tried it, lemme know! Would love to have some back-and-forth.



Around the Network

As a fan of the first two Starfox games I can certainly understand the frustration of a series straying from what made me like it originally. I still like to think though that if Starfox did make a game that was, say, an on-foot third person shooter, I'd try to take it on its own merits.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Would you guys call this a Paper Mario RPG game or something more adventure types lately?



 

 

Runa216 said:
Anyone else give Bug Fables: the Everlasting Sapling a shot? My brother got copies for himself and me and while he's made it much farther, we're both liking it. the reviews I've read all make it clear that it's basically a spiritual successor to Paper Mario 64 and The THousand Year door!

IF anyone else has tried it, lemme know! Would love to have some back-and-forth.

I’m going to buy, but later one. Currently finished PM64 and I would feel bored to play another similar game too soon.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


sales2099 said:
Would you guys call this a Paper Mario RPG game or something more adventure types lately?

We simply don't know enough about Origami King yet to say what type of game it is.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

As a fan of the first two Starfox fans I can certainly understand the frustration of a series straying from what made me like it originally. I still like to think though that if Starfox did make a game that was, say, an on-foot third person shooter, I'd try to take it on its own merits.

I'd personally love to see a starfox game structured similarly to kid icarus: uprising. with flying sections followed by ground sections. they can even add some more variety with tank sections, maybe give different characters different abilities, ship cusomization. there is just so much potential to expand a grow the starfox series. 



pikashoe said:
curl-6 said:

As a fan of the first two Starfox fans I can certainly understand the frustration of a series straying from what made me like it originally. I still like to think though that if Starfox did make a game that was, say, an on-foot third person shooter, I'd try to take it on its own merits.

I'd personally love to see a starfox game structured similarly to kid icarus: uprising. with flying sections followed by ground sections. they can even add some more variety with tank sections, maybe give different characters different abilities, ship cusomization. there is just so much potential to expand a grow the starfox series. 

I'd be open to that if it was done well. Starfox Assault tried to pull this off, but the execution was woeful.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
sales2099 said:
Would you guys call this a Paper Mario RPG game or something more adventure types lately?

We simply don't know enough about Origami King yet to say what type of game it is.

So there’s hope! Might actually get a Switch or a Lite cause Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door are among my favourite RPGs. Thanks 



 

 

On the eShop the game is classified as an Action-Adventure game. I wouldn't get my hopes up for an RPG guys...



curl-6 said:

As a fan of the first two Starfox fans I can certainly understand the frustration of a series straying from what made me like it originally. I still like to think though that if Starfox did make a game that was, say, an on-foot third person shooter, I'd try to take it on its own merits.

Who were the first two Starfox fans?

Im sorry, I just found that amusing