Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

Shameless reminder: Bug Fables releases on Switch on the 28th! The game is as shameless as this plug, being very blatantly based on the original Paper Marios, artsyle aesthetics and all. It's not a straight copy of course, has plenty of it's own unique mechanics, but it is the closest thing we've ever had to a proper TTYD sequel. At half the price, I'd highly recommend at least giving it a look if you're at all interested in Origami King.



Around the Network
bartkuz said:
curl-6 said:

Here in Australia stores still want $50 for pre-owned Wii games like New Super Mario Bros Wii and Twilight Princess which are two generations and over a decade old, it's insane.

I still hope they release nintendo selects line like with 3ds, i got my switch late last year and just can't spend full price for 3 year old games.

You'd think they would, as Wii/Wii U also got this line if I recall correctly, but you never know with Nintendo, they decided to start charging for online with Switch despite not offering any improvement over the free online on Wii/Wii U.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
bartkuz said:

I still hope they release nintendo selects line like with 3ds, i got my switch late last year and just can't spend full price for 3 year old games.

You'd think they would, as Wii/Wii U also got this line if I recall correctly, but you never know with Nintendo, they decided to start charging for online with Switch despite not offering any improvement over the free online on Wii/Wii U.

To be fair, the Switch online is only $30 a year and I don't consider it paying for multiplayer/online, because I don't use the Switch for Multiplayer/Online.
I consider it as paying for access to the NES/SNES games. (Which I would rather on a cart, but that's another issue.)




--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

In English now.



Wyrdness said:

In English now.

I'm curious what cheer does given star power/special moves don't appear to be a thing in this game. Attacks seem to no longer require cards/stickers/equivalent, so it's good that you wont feel like you're wasting resources on even the most basic of fights. While battles may not be counterproductive anymore, it remains to be seen if they have much purpose given experience still isn't a thing. At the very least, without the gamepad this battle system can't be worse than Color Splash... right!?



Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

In English now.

I'm curious what cheer does given star power/special moves don't appear to be a thing in this game. Attacks seem to no longer require cards/stickers/equivalent, so it's good that you wont feel like you're wasting resources on even the most basic of fights. While battles may not be counterproductive anymore, it remains to be seen if they have much purpose given experience still isn't a thing. At the very least, without the gamepad this battle system can't be worse than Color Splash... right!?

Is it confirmed there's no experience? I've seen screenshots with Mario having different health values so we know you do become stronger but it could be linked to something else than experience but I haven't seen anything that suggests it's definitely not a thing.



Signature goes here!

As usual, the music in this game will probably kick ass. Kind of a Craver for games with multiple battle themes instead of the occasional single battle theme and boss theme track.

In that aspect, Color Splash was king so can't wait to see what ducks shenanigans we get here !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wyrdness said:

In English now.

I'm curious what cheer does given star power/special moves don't appear to be a thing in this game. Attacks seem to no longer require cards/stickers/equivalent, so it's good that you wont feel like you're wasting resources on even the most basic of fights. While battles may not be counterproductive anymore, it remains to be seen if they have much purpose given experience still isn't a thing. At the very least, without the gamepad this battle system can't be worse than Color Splash... right!?

We don't know for sure there's no form of XP system, but the battles do appear to give you coins, so if there's a meaningful purpose for those then battles should be worthwhile.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

TruckOSaurus said:

Is it confirmed there's no experience? I've seen screenshots with Mario having different health values so we know you do become stronger but it could be linked to something else than experience but I haven't seen anything that suggests it's definitely not a thing.

Not confirmed, just assuming that's still how it'll be based on the previous two games which had no experience, you find HP max items and deal more damage based on level completion.

curl-6 said:

We don't know for sure there's no form of XP system, but the battles do appear to give you coins, so if there's a meaningful purpose for those then battles should be worthwhile.

True, we'll have to wait and see on that one, perhaps that's how you get new weapons and attacks much like badges of old.



Sp hyped to see it, and the new battle system too!
Despiute not finishing Color Splash, I enjoyed a lot and founf to be the best world of the Paper Mario series. OK seems to follow it, good!



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile