By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Paper Mario: The Origami King announced for Switch!

Vodacixi said:
On the eShop the game is classified as an Action-Adventure game. I wouldn't get my hopes up for an RPG guys...

But is it Sticker Star level of bad?

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Would you guys call this a Paper Mario RPG game or something more adventure types lately?

Even Paper Mario 64 wasn't that much of an RPG, and leaned a bit more on the adventure nature of the game. Can't speak about Thousand Year Door though, haven't played it.

Hope The Origami King takes Super Paper Mario as inspiration(for world exploration and stuff, since we know the gameplay is turn based). That game was by far the best Paper Mario that I have played, and an excellent game(outside of Thousand Year Door, because I haven't played it as I said).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

JRPGfan said:
Vodacixi said:
On the eShop the game is classified as an Action-Adventure game. I wouldn't get my hopes up for an RPG guys...

But is it Sticker Star level of bad?

Color Splash was already an improvement over Sticker Star (which was awful). And Origami King looks better than both of them... So I guess that, even if its not an RPG, it could very well be a great adventure game. 

Nautilus said:
sales2099 said:
Would you guys call this a Paper Mario RPG game or something more adventure types lately?

Even Paper Mario 64 wasn't that much of an RPG, and leaned a bit more on the adventure nature of the game. Can't speak about Thousand Year Door though, haven't played it.

Hope The Origami King takes Super Paper Mario as inspiration(for world exploration and stuff, since we know the gameplay is turn based). That game was by far the best Paper Mario that I have played, and an excellent game(outside of Thousand Year Door, because I haven't played it as I said).

TTYD was essentially PM64 but bigger better etc... you'd find a significant amount was lifted from PM64 in it which may impact your experience, many fans started with TTYD so didn't mind how ever the dev team weren't keen on repeating that approach for future games hence why they all tried different core mechanics.

There's only a little over a month left now, provided it's not delayed, they'd better start sharing more info than just that single reveal trailer soon if they want to persuade a so far skeptical audience.

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

As a fan of the first two Starfox fans I can certainly understand the frustration of a series straying from what made me like it originally. I still like to think though that if Starfox did make a game that was, say, an on-foot third person shooter, I'd try to take it on its own merits.

Who were the first two Starfox fans?

Im sorry, I just found that amusing

*Games. Dammit, brain fart. XD

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

There's only a little over a month left now, provided it's not delayed, they'd better start sharing more info than just that single reveal trailer soon if they want to persuade a so far skeptical audience.

KLXVER said:

Who were the first two Starfox fans?

Im sorry, I just found that amusing

*Games. Dammit, brain fart. XD

My guess is we are going to get a trailer in the next weeks showing the new battle system and the npcs roles.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Having watched the updated I'll be picking this up, a nice combination of old and new.

I have no experience with Paper Mario, but I love the look of this.

The game looks nice. This is becoming a likely buy.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.