By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next gen PS5/XB1SX sales ratio will look the same as this gen's. Huge changes in console marketshare require huge changes in the industry.

eva01beserk said:
smroadkill15 said:

Every complement you give gamepass comes with some sort of dig towards it as well."Gamepass is not a bad offer. But also indicates that they are uneilling to offer quality games. If they do it will be like one a year and a bunch of Indy games or it just would not be worth it." Now you're backtracking by saying it's a great service for gamers. 

Here we go with the analogies again. If the bridge is working fine and is getting proper maintenance, why should someone care? Now if the bridge needed to be repaired and nobody was doing anything about it, then someone should worry. There is nothing wrong with Gamepass and it's a great value, so why should any care how MS handles it? Phil Spencer himself said, don't worry about it. 

Thats because you believe that its perfect so even if I say 90% possitive and 10% negative than you are still insulted. Nothing is perfect.

Never backtracked. While I still belive is good value for gamers, it dosent need 3 to 4 AAA to make it work. With the one they have been offering it should be fine. And acording to financials there should be no reason to change that. Now regarding that quote, read the entire post, it was about if game pass would sell xsx. I still say that it won't. Why would it if its a service thats available everywhere. 

But I love analogies. I think the issue right there, you see nothing wrong and just go over it. But others see things that you would not look at and they worrie. And if they tell you every is fine but still hide results that's a big red flag.

Something doesn't have to be perfect. I'll take that 90% any day, especially if it's something related to video games. Since you love analogies, The Last of Us scored 95% on meta, should everyone be focused on the 5% it didn't get? No, because the good greatly outweighs the bad and the vast majority can over look the little issues it may have. 

I read the post. Maybe you should be a bit more specific when you write something because you don't make it clear if you're referring to gamepass as a whole or just 1st party games. It still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. MS has already released quality games on gamepass like; Ori 2, Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Forza Horizon 4, and previous high quality 1st party games. That isn't going to change, and it will only continue to get better as time goes on. I've already seen enough comments all over the internet about people getting the XSX for gamepass. Also, a lot of people are subbed for the next 2 years for gamepass ultimate(deal they had previously) so you can bet a large portion of them will get an XSX. 

I'm willing to admit if something has an issue. I'm fully aware of MS fuck ups with Xbox. I'm not acting like they are suddenly better than Sony when it comes to gaming, but I can also see the bright spots. One of those is Gamepass. If you're biggest criticism is that we don't know how many subs there are, then I could care less. I'm over this conversation now. 

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats because you believe that its perfect so even if I say 90% possitive and 10% negative than you are still insulted. Nothing is perfect.

Never backtracked. While I still belive is good value for gamers, it dosent need 3 to 4 AAA to make it work. With the one they have been offering it should be fine. And acording to financials there should be no reason to change that. Now regarding that quote, read the entire post, it was about if game pass would sell xsx. I still say that it won't. Why would it if its a service thats available everywhere. 

But I love analogies. I think the issue right there, you see nothing wrong and just go over it. But others see things that you would not look at and they worrie. And if they tell you every is fine but still hide results that's a big red flag.

Something doesn't have to be perfect. I'll take that 90% any day, especially if it's something related to video games. Since you love analogies, The Last of Us scored 95% on meta, should everyone be focused on the 5% it didn't get? No, because the good greatly outweighs the bad and the vast majority can over look the little issues it may have. 

I read the post. Maybe you should be a bit more specific when you write something because you don't make it clear if you're referring to gamepass as a whole or just 1st party games. It still doesn't change the fact that you're wrong. MS has already released quality games on gamepass like; Ori 2, Gears 5, The Outer Worlds, Forza Horizon 4, and previous high quality 1st party games. That isn't going to change, and it will only continue to get better as time goes on. I've already seen enough comments all over the internet about people getting the XSX for gamepass. Also, a lot of people are subbed for the next 2 years for gamepass ultimate(deal they had previously) so you can bet a large portion of them will get an XSX. 

I'm willing to admit if something has an issue. I'm fully aware of MS fuck ups with Xbox. I'm not acting like they are suddenly better than Sony when it comes to gaming, but I can also see the bright spots. One of those is Gamepass. If you're biggest criticism is that we don't know how many subs there are, then I could care less. I'm over this conversation now. 

Showing or talking about the 5-10% that isn't good isn't focusing it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

derpysquirtle64 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Is that The Russian youtuber the first person to report that Horizon is coming to the PC?

Or are you just talking about Jason Schleier?

I've put timings and source to my post so you can check it. That Russian youtuber was the first to report Horizon is coming to PC, 1.5 months before Jason Schreier confirmed it. Also, he is not youtuber as you call him, he is a game journalist, just like Jason Schreier is.

Yeah, I got it.

By the way, I often hear that MS doesn't care  about the hardware sales.On the other hand, I hear they will sell their next gen console for $400. 
So how much will the Lockhart be ? $200. ?
That doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 20 May 2020

RolStoppable said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

By the way, I often hear that MS doesn't care  about the hardware sales.On the other hand, I hear they will sell their next gen console for $400. 
So how much will the Lockhart be ? $200. ?
That doesn't make sense.

Microsoft does care about hardware sales, but they are downplaying their significance for the obvious reason that console sales haven't been looking good for them.

Regardless of how much Microsoft spreads out to the PC, more Xbox consoles sold will always mean more game and subscription sales for them.

Yes, I know.
I just made fun of their excuses

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
eva01beserk said:

No I dont have an Xbox. I have a PlayStation that I barely play anymore. I mainly play on my switch. 

Downplay? Me saying its good for gamers subtle downplay? Or you just asume I hate everything xbox so any complement I gave must have something attached to it? I get thought when you are in defense mode you just have to look at everything like an attack.

But thats great quote. But thats like saying if your a jogger don't worry about there not being a bridge, let the goverment worrie about that just keep runing. What dosent work there is that our actions impact even others futures. So thinking of things that could harm you or others in the future is something all adults should do.

But I'll say it simple and tell you that theres no hidden meaning or anything. Gamepass is a great service for gamers, it's not a great service for MS unless they have a crazzy amount of subs. I worry because if they can't make it work they wont just cancel it, it could have a negative impact on other divisions.

Every complement you give gamepass comes with some sort of dig towards it as well."Gamepass is not a bad offer. But also indicates that they are uneilling to offer quality games. If they do it will be like one a year and a bunch of Indy games or it just would not be worth it." Now you're backtracking by saying it's a great service for gamers. 

Here we go with the analogies again. If the bridge is working fine and is getting proper maintenance, why should someone care? Now if the bridge needed to be repaired and nobody was doing anything about it, then someone should worry. There is nothing wrong with Gamepass and it's a great value, so why should any care how MS handles it? Phil Spencer himself said, don't worry about it. 

Yeah that was a funny backpedal. From "MS doesn't care to offer quality games on GamePass, will maybe be one a year and a bunch of indies or they just won't care at all!!" to "man GamePass is a good value and such a good service". Even now he's still going on about one AAA title per year when we've had plenty of AAA already in 2020 alone.

Most people who shit on GamePass are extremely ignorant to what it actually offers.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah that was a funny backpedal. From "MS doesn't care to offer quality games on GamePass, will maybe be one a year and a bunch of indies or they just won't care at all!!" to "man GamePass is a good value and such a good service". Even now he's still going on about one AAA title per year when we've had plenty of AAA already in 2020 alone.

Most people who shit on GamePass are extremely ignorant to what it actually offers.

Don't be so hard on people who are salty about GP. It's tough, knowing that despite the fact that your favorite platform is completely trouncing the competition in hardware sales, they are getting equally trounced on the service front....despite all those millions and millions of extra consoles sold giving them a vast edge in terms of potential access points for customers to make use of their own service. 

And all that with the GP approach of "quantity over quality." So even with much inferior games, the MS service is leagues more popular than the PS competitor. That's rough man. Imagine how bad it might get if MS ever actually make good games? That's downright scary.

Angelus said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Don't be so hard on people who are salty about GP. It's tough, knowing that despite the fact that your favorite platform is completely trouncing the competition in hardware sales, they are getting equally trounced on the service front....despite all those millions and millions of extra consoles sold giving them a vast edge in terms of potential access points for customers to make use of their own service. 

And all that with the GP approach of "quantity over quality." So even with much inferior games, the MS service is leagues more popular than the PS competitor. That's rough man. Imagine how bad it might get if MS ever actually make good games? That's downright scary.

If MS studios made games that were pushing 10M sales on average and if they had a console that was pushing 80M+ in sales with the associated spike in software sales that comes with that too?

GamePass wouldn't exist, or at the very least it couldn't be a priority for them. 

Think about it, why would sony make GoT/TLOU2 available on PS now day one when they know each of those games would sell over 6M copies each at $60.

Intrinsic said:
Angelus said:

If MS studios made games that were pushing 10M sales on average and if they had a console that was pushing 80M+ in sales with the associated spike in software sales that comes with that too?

GamePass wouldn't exist, or at the very least it couldn't be a priority for them. 

Think about it, why would sony make GoT/TLOU2 available on PS now day one when they know each of those games would sell over 6M copies each at $60.

Because getting 60 bucks once or twice a year is less than getting 10-15 bucks per month every year. If you feel your service offers a heightened quality on such a level that this isn't suitable, you can always hike up the price a couple bucks. I hope you don't really expect me to explain to you in detail the math of why long term subscription models are more attractive to every branch of the entertainment industry than one time purchases here and there.

You're incredibly naive if you think GP is going away if/when MS has a stronger market position, or that Sony isn't going to be making a concerted effort to move in the same direction in the future.

Angelus said:
Intrinsic said:

Because getting 60 bucks once or twice a year is less than getting 10-15 bucks per month every year. If you feel your service offers a heightened quality on such a level that this isn't suitable, you can always hike up the price a couple bucks. I hope you don't really expect me to explain to you in detail the math of why long term subscription models are more attractive to every branch of the entertainment industry than one time purchases here and there.

You're incredibly naive if you think GP is going away if/when MS has a stronger market position, or that Sony isn't going to be making a concerted effort to move in the same direction in the future.

MATHS TIME!

So let's compare a made up AAA game.

Game pass has 10 Million users.  Source: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/29/21242004/xbox-game-pass-10-million-subscribers-microsoft-q3-2020-earnings

Let's say 70% is paying full price of $10 a month.  Many users are using the service through $1 deals, etc. This is $70,000,000 per month. so $840,000,000 in a year.

Let's say this Sony sells 10 million copies in a year at $60 a copy. That's $600,000,000‬.

So it looks like Microsoft make more money right? Wrong.

Sony make another AAA game in the same year and that's ANOTHER $600,000,000‬. So now we have $1,200,000,000‬.  Microsoft however are still going to earn $840,000,000 in the year as both their AAA games are included in one price.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.