By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GEARS Tactics is very good

I haven't had a ton of time to play, I think I'm on part five of act one. It's a great game, Gears lends itself very well to this genre. I am enjoying the skill trees and the amount of customization you get over your recruits. I can easily see myself replaying it eventually on XSX. I built this PC a couple years ago, this is the first game that really seems like it's too much for it. I have stuck to medium settings to get a steady frame rate. It will be nice to play it on console and just turn it on and go.

Around the Network

Glad to hear it has been so well received.  I'll definitely check it out as soon as it gets an Xbox One release.

Just beat Brumak, was a very cool fight.

I think I might have accidentally started this game on like easy mode or something though. Anyone know if there's a way to change or see difficulty? I probably just missed it but I can't find it anywhere.

edit, yeah I just missed it.

double edit, apparently the Internet is wrong and no, you can't change it

Last edited by LudicrousSpeed - on 08 May 2020

Out of the games that have a separate achievement list for Windows 10, Gears Tactics is pretty high up on TrueAchievements.

#1 Minecraft 60k players
#2 The Outer Worlds 27k players
#3 Forza 6 Apex 22k players (free)
#4 Microsoft Mahjong 18k players (free)
#5 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition 15k players
#6 Gears Tactics 15k players

Gears Ultimate is #12, Two Points Hospital #14, Metro Exodus #15, Wolfenstein II #17, Hellblade #20, A Plague Tale Innocence #26, Rise of the Tomb Raider #28.

Does this game spoil too much of the franchise plot as a whole?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Does this game spoil too much of the franchise plot as a whole?

It's a prequel so it likely doesn't spoil anything.

Found out this was turn based. Added to wishlist.

So do I need to play the Gears of War series before I jump into this for story purposes? I haven't played them but I like strategy games like this one