By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GEARS Tactics is very good

Judging from the gameplay videos, this genre suits the Gears universe pretty well.

Around the Network

Tempting. I love the genre, have some experience with Gears, and I'm still killing time waiting for FF7R. That price is hard to swallow though for a top-down tactics game on Steam, with so many other options available for much cheaper. The reviews are good, but they don't scream 'must-play right now regardless of price or anything else'. Reviews on Steam seem even more mixed.

Probably a wait-for-sale, unless you're a big fan of both the genre and series.

Well I watched ACG's review, and even though it was tepid he did recommed a buy. Guess I'll give this a go.

This does seem more geared (no pun intended) towards gamepass owners.

Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Why do we still care what day Hitler's birthday is, after more than half a century since his death? Over the course of history many awful leaders have been born; Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Zedong, Pol Pot, Bin Laden, Mussolini, Genghis Khan, Vlad III, and many, many more, if we were to put a black mark on all of those birthdays as well we'd be totally screwed, unable to celebrate half the days of the calendar year. So why single out Hitler's birthday as particularly awful?

Agreed. Although I'd also question why people know when his birthday is in the firstplace? Like, why care about something like that?

Yeah, i did not know till this thread and i assume i will forget it again.

There are more usefull dates to remember. 

Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Why do we still care what day Hitler's birthday is, after more than half a century since his death? Over the course of history many awful leaders have been born; Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Zedong, Pol Pot, Bin Laden, Mussolini, Genghis Khan, Vlad III, and many, many more, if we were to put a black mark on all of those birthdays as well we'd be totally screwed, unable to celebrate half the days of the calendar year. So why single out Hitler's birthday as particularly awful?

Agreed. Although I'd also question why people know when his birthday is in the firstplace? Like, why care about something like that?

Nice.....I know David Letterman's birthday too. Don't even have to look it up. Same with Hitler's.

So, I like The Simpsons, and there was an episode, about, 15-20 years ago where Homer was trying to remember Marge's birthday, and ran through a few other birthdays he did know, one being his friend Barney. Homer says to himself "Barney's is April 20th, same as Hitler".......I guess I care about it because it was a funny, off-hand remark from a character I liked.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Played two hours of it yesterday and while the story is more like Starship Troopers 3 the gameplay is spot on. The one issue I do see is that the killing animations like the execute moves or whatever will get old after seeing them 100 times. Could have used more variety or ability to turn them off without turning off blood.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Played two hours of it yesterday and while the story is more like Starship Troopers 3 the gameplay is spot on. The one issue I do see is that the killing animations like the execute moves or whatever will get old after seeing them 100 times. Could have used more variety or ability to turn them off without turning off blood.

There are a couple variations. Every different weapon has a unique execution animation, and that includes grenades (they choke enemies out with them). Try cycling between main, pistol and grenade before doing the executions, if it means that much to you.

Shaunodon said:
sethnintendo said:

There are a couple variations. Every different weapon has a unique execution animation, and that includes grenades (they choke enemies out with them). Try cycling between main, pistol and grenade before doing the executions, if it means that much to you.

Ah didn't know different weapons provide different animations.  Will try that out today.

I've never been able to get into the Gears games as TPSs, but I could take a swing at Tactics.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Of course it's good. Splash Damage makes only good games. Haven't played this one though and probably won't either. I'm just not very interested in Gears...

Zkuq said:
Of course it's good. Splash Damage makes only good games. Haven't played this one though and probably won't either. I'm just not very interested in Gears...

Splash Damage are very good and underrated however, they did develop Brink..

Lets not talk about Brink