By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GEARS Tactics is very good

I want to play this game, but my graphics card is booty. I'll wait for the Xbox version to release which is fine.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Angelus said:

What on earth does this have to do with anything? Did you make the same observation when God of War released on his birthday 2 years ago? 

Hitler's birthday is April 20th.  Steam page says April 28th.  Did it release on Windows store a week early?  Not that any of this matters just wondering if released earlier on Windows store.

You're right, Tactics didn't even come out on the 20th lol. Makes the post even more cringe, but he did edit it out at least.

Angelus said:
COKTOE said:

My favourite sub-genre, and I like Gears. I bet I'd enjoy this one. Kind of an iffy move to release on Hitler's birthday.

What on earth does this have to do with anything? Did you make the same observation when God of War released on his birthday 2 years ago? 

I edited it out before you posted, but not before you saw it. First off, it's not Hitler's birthday. The way the date is written in the OP is in a different order than I'm accustomed to. Maybe it's an Australian thing. I won't bother trying to explain what I was doing, but even if didn't read the date incorrectly, it would have still been poorly timed. The short answer is, It's a joke I make about 4/20 because it's both a day when pot culture is celebrated, and the birthday of an Infamous dictator. Again though, I'll timed. Just woke up and was up till 3:30 am.

Now, to answer your second question, I assume I did not, because if God Of War was released on 4/28, there would be no reason for me to do so, as that's not Hitler's birthday. However, if had been released on 4/20 it would have been fair game.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 02 May 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Angelus said:

I edited it out before you posted, but not before you saw it. First off, it's not Hitler's birthday. The way the date is written in the OP is in a different order than I'm accustomed to. Maybe it's an Australian thing. I won't bother trying to explain what I was doing, but even if didn't read the date incorrectly, it would have still been poorly timed. The short answer is, It's a joke I make about 4/20 which is both 

Now, to answer your second question, I assume I did not, because if God Of War was released on 4/28, there would be no reason for me to do so, as that's not Hitler's birthday. However, if had been released on 4/20 it would have been fair game.

God of War absolutely did come out on the 20th lol

Angelus said:
COKTOE said:

I edited it out before you posted, but not before you saw it. First off, it's not Hitler's birthday. The way the date is written in the OP is in a different order than I'm accustomed to. Maybe it's an Australian thing. I won't bother trying to explain what I was doing, but even if didn't read the date incorrectly, it would have still been poorly timed. The short answer is, It's a joke I make about 4/20 which is both 

God of War absolutely did come out on the 20th lol

Now, see I thought that you read the date in the OP correctly, and realized that Gears Tactics was released on 4/28, which is not Hitler's birthday, but also assumed you mistakenly thought 4/28 was Hitler's birthday, which lead me to believe that God Of War was released on 4/28 as well.

Look, in the end, this thread is roughly half about Hitler's birthday, so my work here is done.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Also I would just like to again point out that I immediately caught my mistake and edited my post even before the first comment in response to it had posted.

COKTOE said:
Also I would just like to again point out that I immediately caught my mistake and edited my post even before the first comment in response to it had posted.

Well I learnt one thing, I learnt what day is Hitlers birthday lol

Azzanation said:
COKTOE said:

Well I learnt one thing, I learnt what day is Hitlers birthday lol

Also stoner national holiday.  4:20 was official time to smoke weed because that's when kids got out of school to meet up to smoke.  So 4/20 became a celebrated holiday for stoners.  They have Bob Marley festival here in Austin (of course didn't happen this year).  Usually it was holiday when weed was more penalized for mass group of people to get together and light up in public while surrounded by police who didn't do shit unless someone was obviously dealing or violent.  Now weed laws here in USA keep becoming more and more relaxed.  Still not supposed to do it in public but on 4/20 in certain designated areas people can.

Anyways, I'll let you know how the game is later in thread after I get chance to play it.  I never played a Gears game before but I assume story isn't that deal not knowing for this game and I'll be caught up to date to what is going on regardless. 

Hitler and my daughter have the same birthday.

d21lewis said:
Hitler and my daughter have the same birthday.

I keep telling you that Marry Jane isn't your daughter (please get the joke).