By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Game Showcase May 7 at 8 AM PT

A nice taste for the next gen, now show me the first party titles!

Around the Network

Heaps of pre-rendered or CGI trailers. I always have a hard time getting excited about those, but we know that some quality titles are underway. Either way, I'll wait at least one year before buying any new console once they release.

Last edited by Mummelmann - on 08 May 2020

PotentHerbs said:
Some interesting stuff but overall underwhelming show considering the expectations. We didn't get much gameplay, aside from a couple of games, which is the biggest gripe for me. At the very least, I thought we'd get 20 - 30 second trailers of gameplay, not a bunch of in engine footage.

The first game looked the most next gen to me based on the mechanics: Titanfall wall running, the grapple hook, etc. One of the trailers with actual gameplay too.

Isn't this always the problem.  Gamers become over expectant of ever game reveal.  When I first read the headline and saw that MS wasn't showing any of their stuff, I instantly thought these must be cross gen titles MS is giving a platform to give them more air time.  I really did not expect to see anything shattering during the release of any of these systems until a year or more after their release.

Personally, I watch this show to see if there were anything I care about and there were a few i will be keeping an eye on.  My main reason for getting a PS5 and a XSX is due to being able to use them for playing all the games I love at the highest setting and hopefully 4K 60FPS. Then again, I never get hyped for a new gen.  I stopped doing that a long time ago.

"Gameplay"?..........ok.

aside from the quality of games, this just tells me that all theese shows per month means that they are spreading what little they have across each month. I do not have even medium expectations for that july show.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
"Gameplay"?..........ok.

aside from the quality of games, this just tells me that all theese shows per month means that they are spreading what little they have across each month. I do not have even medium expectations for that july show.

beats knowing only how a controller looks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
"Gameplay"?..........ok.

People won’t be inclined to admit it, but nobody likes seeing 3rd party games at a publishers E3. It’s just fluff that advertises the competition as much as your own. Prepare to be surprised, people still very much in the dark on the beefing up MS has been doing lately. MS got their fluff out of the way. 

And the irony that Sony has thus far shown a logo, spec sheets, and a controller. No 1st party exclusives officially unveiled...I’ve known about Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 for a while now ;)

Last edited by sales2099 - on 07 May 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kirby007 said:
eva01beserk said:
"Gameplay"?..........ok.

beats knowing only how a controller looks

You would be right if both companies where boasting and trying to one up each other and both trying to show off. But since last year its all been coming from MS. For all that and this is all they have so far? After a point it only hurts the brand more than showing nothing. Now if Sony where to anounce something small, but just a little bit better than this show, then fans would jump on it like if they showed the bigest show ever made and thats something that I really hope never comes to happen. Gamers happy that trash was shown, just because its a tiny bet better than the competition. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:
"Gameplay"?..........ok.

People won’t be inclined to admit it, but nobody likes seeing 3rd party games at a publishers E3. It’s just fluff that advertises the competition as much as your own. Prepare to be surprised, people still very much in the dark on the beefing up MS has been doing lately. MS got their fluff out of the way. 

And the irony that Sony has thus far shown a logo, spec sheets, and a controller. No 1st party exclusives officially unveiled...I’ve known about Halo Infinite and Hellblade 2 for a while now ;)

You are right, it was really tyring to see the same game on e3 being shown like 5 diferent times. I really hope we are past that and third partys either show their stuff on their event only, or split games on diferent platforms, then step out of the conferences. Would save them money and would make the remaining shows a lot better.

And again, MS did have that one up on sony and just had to wait untill sony counters for them to counter again. But now they are piling up crappy anouncements one on top of another. Now its just a detriment to the inmage of the xbox. Just look at all the backlash this show is receiving. 

Its a saying as old as time.  If you have nothing good to say then dont say anything at all. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

You are right, it was really tyring to see the same game on e3 being shown like 5 diferent times. I really hope we are past that and third partys either show their stuff on their event only, or split games on diferent platforms, then step out of the conferences. Would save them money and would make the remaining shows a lot better.

And again, MS did have that one up on sony and just had to wait untill sony counters for them to counter again. But now they are piling up crappy anouncements one on top of another. Now its just a detriment to the inmage of the xbox. Just look at all the backlash this show is receiving. 

Its a saying as old as time.  If you have nothing good to say then dont say anything at all. 

This is a weird year with E3 being cancelled. Guess the masses expect that surprise AAA or 1st party exclusive. This wasn’t that show. Even those Xbox/Pc games are AA at best. It would really suck to see them alongside their best if E3 still happened. This way the fluff is out of the picture, Sony counters in June, but MS counters again in July. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

This is a weird year with E3 being cancelled. Guess the masses expect that surprise AAA or 1st party exclusive. This wasn’t that show. Even those Xbox/Pc games are AA at best. It would really suck to see them alongside their best if E3 still happened. This way the fluff is out of the picture, Sony counters in June, but MS counters again in July. 

Honestly, Im kind of glad and Im hoping E3 never comes back. It was a waste of time in my opinion and its the main reason for games getting anounced years before its ready just cuz they need to show something and fill a time slot. Now I hope devs and publishers do things on their own time when they are ready.

I hope you are right. I do really wish the new gen fires all cylinders so devs have a bigger push to drop last gen and optimize for 9th gen. All we can do is wait and see what sony reveals and from there see what MS counters with.