By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Game Showcase May 7 at 8 AM PT

Cinematic trailers do nothing for me. It's weird that the title on the Twitch stream mentioned Xbox Series X "gameplay" when we didn't get any gameplay demo.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

The almost complete lack of gameplay was a bummer.

Between this and Sony's presentation of PS5, I'm still far away from feeling the next gen hype.

Angelus said:
KiigelHeart said:
Assassin's Creed Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 aside, that was one lame show.

Fixed

I thought Bloodlines 2 looked good until I noticed it's not 2010 anymore :P it was like 360 game..

Medium could be interesting horror game.

hunter_alien said:
Barozi said:

Pretty unrealistic expectation then. It's pretty obvious that third parties make games for multiple platforms so them making cross gen titles at the beginning of a new generation shouldn't surprise anyone.

This is true... but they did manage to get at least DR3 as an exclusive for the One and honestly they could have got at least one truly next-gen title IMO.

Dead Rising 3 was published by Microsoft Game Studios though and the MGS show will take place in July so even if Microsoft had a third party exclusive, this likely wouldn't have been the show to present it.

Barozi said:
JamesGarret said:
Wish they had started with at least one real next gen game instead of only cross gen titles.

Pretty unrealistic expectation then. It's pretty obvious that third parties make games for multiple platforms so them making cross gen titles at the beginning of a new generation shouldn't surprise anyone.

They had Witcher 3 at their 2013 E3 presentation. They've never had to worry about this in the past because they haven't had an exclusive third party event but I would of expected them to go out of their way to show off what some third party devs are cooking and give a glimpse of the systems potential. They went a far more grounded route which is respectable  but yeah...

Around the Network

That's the "next gen" they are propping up? Really?!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

No Halo?

EnricoPallazzo said:
No Halo?

Third Parties only. They are going to have a separate event for first parties

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
No Halo?

Third Parties only. They are going to have a separate event for first parties

Nice, thanks!

Some interesting stuff but overall underwhelming show considering the expectations. We didn't get much gameplay, aside from a couple of games, which is the biggest gripe for me. At the very least, I thought we'd get 20 - 30 second trailers of gameplay, not a bunch of in engine footage.

The first game looked the most next gen to me based on the mechanics: Titanfall wall running, the grapple hook, etc. One of the trailers with actual gameplay too.