By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Fully Reveal and Games Reveal in coming weeks and more detail on June 2 in "Official Playstation Magazine " EDIT: Jason Schreier Tweet confirmation

What games do you want to see

New Twisted Metal 0 0%

New KillZone 5 8.77%

I want to see Horizon 2 Demo 9 15.79%

I Hope for Demon Souls Remake 4 7.02%

I want to see Resistance sequel or remake 1 1.75%

New IP from World Wide Studio 2 3.51%

New JRPG 9 15.79%

Gran Turismo 7 7 12.28%

Knack 3 6 10.53%

Everything 14 24.56%

Total:57

Enchanted arms 2 please...

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
For single party we already know we gona get a demon souls remake and horror game from Japan studios. Horizon 2 is basicly confirmed, same for a new Spiderman and a new GT. Letra hope There some new IP in There and i hope square Enix is There showing final fantasy 16

Confirmed remake of demon's souls? really?

RaptorChrist said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Yeah, with how long it has taken them to get their games out in recent years, it doesn't seem likely that we will see FFXVI anytime soon. Unless they decided to go retro and make FFXVI a return-to-form classic using either 16-bit or PSOne graphics. Octopath Traveler did quite well for them (despite it not being completely retro in aesthetic). Final Fantasy used to be known for having bleeding edge cinematics, but I think with the current gaming landscape, a retro FF16 could be welcomed.

Retro-XVI is a cool idea and if as good as say 7, 8, 9, I would very much welcome such a decision.

I've got two thoughts about it. People come to expect somewhat of a technological showcase from mainline FFs. Perhaps such an endevour is better suited for a spin off like christal chronicles or the one where you ride the creatures in battle. I guess it would sell more, if it is in the mainline of FFs, but expectations are higher/different for such games and could hurt a creative product.

Also, if they make it just with downgraded graphics (i love the beautiful backgrounds of FF8 and 9, don't get me wrong), people might perceive it as a Square being cheap. For that, I think it would need a strong gameplay-hook. Something to really talk about after the first, or second trailer. You can go into walls with Link. You can control npcs in the new Super Mario. Something of this magnitude, to direct peoples thoughts away from FFXVI probably being a 1/20 of FFXVs development cost.

JuliusHackebeil said:
RaptorChrist said:

Yeah, with how long it has taken them to get their games out in recent years, it doesn't seem likely that we will see FFXVI anytime soon. Unless they decided to go retro and make FFXVI a return-to-form classic using either 16-bit or PSOne graphics. Octopath Traveler did quite well for them (despite it not being completely retro in aesthetic). Final Fantasy used to be known for having bleeding edge cinematics, but I think with the current gaming landscape, a retro FF16 could be welcomed.

Retro-XVI is a cool idea and if as good as say 7, 8, 9, I would very much welcome such a decision.

I've got two thoughts about it. People come to expect somewhat of a technological showcase from mainline FFs. Perhaps such an endevour is better suited for a spin off like christal chronicles or the one where you ride the creatures in battle. I guess it would sell more, if it is in the mainline of FFs, but expectations are higher/different for such games and could hurt a creative product.

Also, if they make it just with downgraded graphics (i love the beautiful backgrounds of FF8 and 9, don't get me wrong), people might perceive it as a Square being cheap. For that, I think it would need a strong gameplay-hook. Something to really talk about after the first, or second trailer. You can go into walls with Link. You can control npcs in the new Super Mario. Something of this magnitude, to direct peoples thoughts away from FFXVI probably being a 1/20 of FFXVs development cost.

World of Final Fantasy seems like what you want.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

Yeah, that's the one I was referencing. But it did not exactly light the world on fire. But calling such a game FFXVI would make matters even worse (making a dud into a controversy).

What I really want from Square is FFXVI with the production value of FF7-Remake (the whole thing, not part 1) in one game with an open world that is satisfying to explore with a good story, earned character moments, good dialogue, grand action in enticing scenarios and a battle system that is all: strategicaly deep, interesting to watch, easy to follow (not that christmas lights diarrhea we usually get from them these days), reaction-based, not entirely turn-based (maybe not at all, but FF7R was quite good).

Nothing more :)

Around the Network

New Monster Hunder game... New Fifa... New Gran Turismo...

JuliusHackebeil said:
DonFerrari said:

Yeah, that's the one I was referencing. But it did not exactly light the world on fire. But calling such a game FFXVI would make matters even worse (making a dud into a controversy).

What I really want from Square is FFXVI with the production value of FF7-Remake (the whole thing, not part 1) in one game with an open world that is satisfying to explore with a good story, earned character moments, good dialogue, grand action in enticing scenarios and a battle system that is all: strategicaly deep, interesting to watch, easy to follow (not that christmas lights diarrhea we usually get from them these days), reaction-based, not entirely turn-based (maybe not at all, but FF7R was quite good).

FFXV was like that so I think FFXVI will be also, you just may not like the game itself.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

FFXV was like that so I think FFXVI will be also, you just may not like the game itself.

Than I guess we have very different opinions about FFXV. To me its open world was not interesting, it had a boring story that barely made sence, horrible level design, shit dialogue, numbingly boring scenarios (find the wedding dress, etc.), unearned charater moments and an unengaging, uninteresting, sometimes even broken combat system.

That game got way better reviews than it deserved. I might be in the minority with my overly negative take of FFXV. But I'm glad for everybod who enjoyed it.

JuliusHackebeil said:
DonFerrari said:

Than I guess we have very different opinions about FFXV. To me its open world was not interesting, it had a boring story that barely made sence, horrible level design, shit dialogue, numbingly boring scenarios (find the wedding dress, etc.), unearned charater moments and an unengaging, uninteresting, sometimes even broken combat system.

That game got way better reviews than it deserved. I might be in the minority with my overly negative take of FFXV. But I'm glad for everybod who enjoyed it.

Didn't say it was good. But you acknowledge it had open world, story, gameplay and dynamic fight.

There are plenty that don't like FF XIII and XV I enjoyed them but certainly not as much as IX and X, and also after trying the remaster XII.