By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS5 Fully Reveal and Games Reveal in coming weeks and more detail on June 2 in "Official Playstation Magazine " EDIT: Jason Schreier Tweet confirmation

What games do you want to see

New Twisted Metal 0 0%

New KillZone 5 8.77%

I want to see Horizon 2 Demo 9 15.79%

I Hope for Demon Souls Remake 4 7.02%

I want to see Resistance sequel or remake 1 1.75%

New IP from World Wide Studio 2 3.51%

New JRPG 9 15.79%

Gran Turismo 7 7 12.28%

Knack 3 6 10.53%

Everything 14 24.56%

Total:57

Wow, I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to this. It is somewhat unnecessary to open a new generation with all your big guns, since there are millions who will buy the thing no matter what. But my dream line-up for the show would be this:

1) New JRPG from Studio Japan (with Ni no Kuni 2 style kingdom building mechanics, but deeper and more robust. Or maybe just Ni no Kuni 3, I don't know.)
2) New Gran Turismo. Sport was 2017, it is time. And racers are always good to show off.
3) New Insomniac game. They are incredibly productive. Releasing a game almost every year. Spiderman, or Ratchet, but whatever it is, it cannot be that far off.
4) Dreams Second Chance: Thermometers are going through the roof on PS5. Worlds can be as big as you want them. MediaMolecule releases dreams VR (as was promised) and a roadmap for things to come - every other month a bigger game (no matter the genre: adventure, fighter, racer, etc.) of 2, 3 hours for free. At the announcement-stream nobody knows what all these games are until it is reveald that the last 5 to 7 games you just saw, were made in dreams. Coming to the PS5 over the course of the first year.
5) Kojima-Horror-Game: he is not calling it Silent Hills, but it was clearly inspired by it.
6) Horizon 2 - this time the characters are likeabke, less one note, and the story is presented through more engaging means than stale holograms.

Around the Network

Having BC with PS4 games is a major plus that will help bridge the gap between the two generations. I haven't been keeping up with the news lately so I'm not sure if it's been announced yet exactly what sort of optimizations we will see with PS4 games running on PS5 (other than the SSD benefits). Would be pretty awesome if we could get better performance out of our PS4 games by playing them on PS5.

But for the launch line-up, it's great to fantasize about a whole bunch of awesome games, but I'm hoping there is at least one game at launch that is 95+ MC. Horizon 2 would be my pick. An open world game with flashy visuals to show off the potential of the console that I can sink 50+ hours into.

Otherwise, Bloodborne 2, or anything Miyazaki, would also be pretty great to see at launch.

I can't think of too many other things off the top of my head.

Well as a launch title than I would suggest a game like Demon Souls Remake or Horizon Zero Dawn 2 as their games that would be a great selling point and wouldn't conflict with titles on competitor platforms. Reason I wouldn't suggest Resistance or Killzone is Xbox has Halo Infinite coming out at launch and it will drawf those games in comparison.

I hope they are games to be released up till 2021 and not just bad light previews of games that will be released in 2024.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
For single party we already know we gona get a demon souls remake and horror game from Japan studios. Horizon 2 is basicly confirmed, same for a new Spiderman and a new GT. Letra hope There some new IP in There and i hope square Enix is There showing final fantasy 16

The next Final Fantasy. I have not thought about that - cool game to bring up.

Personaly, I don't think it will show for a good while. They are in a very tricky position. XV sold much, but was shit. Fans are not going to buy something that looks like XV again, not in those quantities. I know I'm not going to. XIII was even worse, or at least just as bad. XIV is a huge success, but they surely won't do another mmorpg with XVI.

And now VIIR is really good, but maybe they were biting off more than they can chew. Fans are gonne be pissed, if the next part of the remake is too small. Same is true, if the next part takes too long.

So my money is on them having many, many resources on VIIR part 2, ensuring its scope and timely release, while keeping XVI on the backburner. Perhaps until they figure out how to tell compelling, or at least good, or at least passable storys again.

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
A new resistance with the weapon system and story quality of 3 would be awesome. That's in my top 5 fps ever

If they make anew resistance it should have resistance 2's MP co-op I loved that.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

twintail said:
mjk45 said:

If they make anew resistance it should have resistance 2's MP co-op I loved that.

Most definitely an extension of that would be fantastic. But I fear it would just become some endless grind mode.

I see where your coming from but if they keep it close to the original but add more scenarios and add different classes overtime on top of the character points upgrading of the original also do a better job of match making the different roles, It was funny at first when everyone chose similar roles and when the game notified you that a certain role was unfilled everyone suddenly changed to that role it became silly.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 02 May 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

RaptorChrist said:
Having BC with PS4 games is a major plus that will help bridge the gap between the two generations. I haven't been keeping up with the news lately so I'm not sure if it's been announced yet exactly what sort of optimizations we will see with PS4 games running on PS5 (other than the SSD benefits). Would be pretty awesome if we could get better performance out of our PS4 games by playing them on PS5.

But for the launch line-up, it's great to fantasize about a whole bunch of awesome games, but I'm hoping there is at least one game at launch that is 95+ MC. Horizon 2 would be my pick. An open world game with flashy visuals to show off the potential of the console that I can sink 50+ hours into.

Otherwise, Bloodborne 2, or anything Miyazaki, would also be pretty great to see at launch.

I can't think of too many other things off the top of my head.

Higher resolution and framerate. Other stuff will probably depend on the developer. Perhaps they have something similar to xbox to make the upscalling smoother.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I would love to see a reboot of the Uncharted series just like what SSM did with GoW. A new GoW is difinitely a must too.

JuliusHackebeil said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
For single party we already know we gona get a demon souls remake and horror game from Japan studios. Horizon 2 is basicly confirmed, same for a new Spiderman and a new GT. Letra hope There some new IP in There and i hope square Enix is There showing final fantasy 16

The next Final Fantasy. I have not thought about that - cool game to bring up.

Personaly, I don't think it will show for a good while. They are in a very tricky position. XV sold much, but was shit. Fans are not going to buy something that looks like XV again, not in those quantities. I know I'm not going to. XIII was even worse, or at least just as bad. XIV is a huge success, but they surely won't do another mmorpg with XVI.

And now VIIR is really good, but maybe they were biting off more than they can chew. Fans are gonne be pissed, if the next part of the remake is too small. Same is true, if the next part takes too long.

So my money is on them having many, many resources on VIIR part 2, ensuring its scope and timely release, while keeping XVI on the backburner. Perhaps until they figure out how to tell compelling, or at least good, or at least passable storys again.

Yeah, with how long it has taken them to get their games out in recent years, it doesn't seem likely that we will see FFXVI anytime soon. Unless they decided to go retro and make FFXVI a return-to-form classic using either 16-bit or PSOne graphics. Octopath Traveler did quite well for them (despite it not being completely retro in aesthetic). Final Fantasy used to be known for having bleeding edge cinematics, but I think with the current gaming landscape, a retro FF16 could be welcomed.