By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 REMAKE ships and sells 3.5million in first 3 days

Do people still talking about" this is only a one part"? Lads, FF7R is over TWICE as long as WHOLE OG ff7.
So, why u are not upset about lets say Tlou getting part2? Technically this is the same situation.
OP- best selling ps4 console/timed exclusive, cloud and c.o beaten even Spiderman. The game is nowhere to be found physically. Great job!

Around the Network
StokedUp said:

@aikohualda

Well as you probably already know, this current game is only the first part of the original game in which this is a REMAKE of. 

If I remember correctly, SE were saying it's likely going to be released into 3 parts being as its so big, especailly now they're doing it on current gen consoles.

Therefore we're basically paying 3 times for a what is basically a single game overall. However this doen't Concern me because I think this first part was brilliant and well worth the money, they've done a really good job with it. We got a much better look at life in Midgar and got to see much bigger parts of characters like Jessie, Biggs and Wedge, who were brilliant. 

maybe i will get it on ps5 :P i am pretty sure they will release it as definitive edition with everything in one game... how many hours did you put in the first part?

That's great to hear. I'm still gonna hold off for a few months before I get the game, but it's nice to see it doing well already.

Great score
It isn't lucky to be released during lockdown, the physical is lesser than usually

The PS4 sales may would be higher without lockdown too

KingofTrolls said:
Do people still talking about" this is only a one part"? Lads, FF7R is over TWICE as long as WHOLE OG ff7.
So, why u are not upset about lets say Tlou getting part2? Technically this is the same situation.
OP- best selling ps4 console/timed exclusive, cloud and c.o beaten even Spiderman. The game is nowhere to be found physically. Great job!

Well, for one thing it's definitely not twice as long as the whole OG final fantasy 7.  I'm about done at just under 40 hours, having completed all the sidequests.  I'm not sure how long FF7 took me, but I'm positive it wasn't 20 hours.  

But more importantly, because it's one part.  The product is called "Final Fantasy 7 Remake".  You can't argue that a remake of Midgar is a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  If it's not a part, then you're saying this product is itself a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  And it's obviously not. 

It's also part only part of a narrative arc.  A game like Resident Evil 4 was a part of a bigger story, but it was still a complete narrative, with a conflict presented, a clear antagonist, rising action, a climax, and a resolution.  In this game, not so much.

I actually like the game a lot, but it is what it is, and what it is is one part.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

Because it is. They are making and releasing 2 more parts of this FF7 Re-whatever this is. Just because they extended this part with filler, doesn't mean the next 2 parts aren't being made with loads of filler too.

The real test will be how well part 2 sells compared to this part. FF13 was a game with 2 sequels (no matter how people claim it was 3 parts) and the second sold less than half of the first, the 3rd game even less. 

Hmm, pie.

SE never confirmed 3 parts of this game at all. In fact they specifically said they don't know how many parts as of yet.

Really strong start. Could see the game selling over 20m lifetime.

Holy molly, this was an extremely strong start.

Honestly, this game deserves all of this and more.Don't know how FF XVI will turn out to be, but goddamn is this game brilliant.If they keep it up, this may be the comeback we have all been waiting for FF to have.A FF reinascense, if you will.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It's probably selling at the same pace as God of War.

God of War Sales Top 5 Million in the First Month - IGN News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eT4KY_nxs