By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 REMAKE ships and sells 3.5million in first 3 days

So it seems its had a really good first week. Hopefully it will go on and keep selling well. Personally my favourite FF in a while. 

The game should make them alot of money considering its being sold in 3 parts. 

The source is their official Instagram account. 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Very nice. Unlike FFXV which shipped 5 million units in a single day and struggle to sell through them, I expect that FF7R has already sold through most of its physical stock and is awaiting more right now.

Pretty fap worthy considering the impacts of the virus and it being out of stock in a lot of places.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sounds like it did meh if its shipped. Should have launched on all platforms in that case. Can SE even be trusted with info at this point, FF7 remake was pretty much a bait and switch, so why trust this info now.

Last edited by loy310 - on 21 April 2020

StokedUp said:

So it seems its had a really good first week. Hopefully it will go on and keep selling well. Personally my favourite FF in a while. 

The game should make them alot of money considering its being sold in 3 parts. 

The source is their official Instagram account. 

what do you mean 3 parts? how much is the total game?

Around the Network

Very impressive numbers :)

MasonADC said:
Very nice. Unlike FFXV which shipped 5 million units in a single day and struggle to sell through them, I expect that FF7R has already sold through most of its physical stock and is awaiting more right now.

"struggling to sell through" 5 million units in a single day could mean selling 3.5 million in 3 days and not selling very much after that, though. Do we have any more detailed figures to know how XV compares? I'm assuming FVIIR is up in sales, but not by a huge margin, going by the shipment numbers of XV vs the sales of VIIR.

Update: Wait, both figures are shipped. Nevermind. That is ultimately pretty pointless then, although I could see VIIR selling more confirmed sales because of the digital increase over the years, which if XV didn't sell well through it's initial shipment would naturally lead to more *actual* sales in the shipment figures. 

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 21 April 2020

Marth said:
Hiku said:

It's all thanks to Jessie.

Even Corona shipment issues can't hold her back.

That girl is way to thirsty

Amazing sales thus far in only 3 days, even considering physical copies having shortages. This one is going to have some great legs too, especially with a lot of folks staying inside. I wonder if the next part will also be a timed PS exclusive for PS5?

@aikohualda

Well as you probably already know, this current game is only the first part of the original game in which this is a REMAKE of. 

If I remember correctly, SE were saying it's likely going to be released into 3 parts being as its so big, especailly now they're doing it on current gen consoles.

Therefore we're basically paying 3 times for a what is basically a single game overall. However this doen't Concern me because I think this first part was brilliant and well worth the money, they've done a really good job with it. We got a much better look at life in Midgar and got to see much bigger parts of characters like Jessie, Biggs and Wedge, who were brilliant. 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website