By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 REMAKE ships and sells 3.5million in first 3 days

That's amazing, especially given the current situation.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Well, for one thing it's definitely not twice as long as the whole OG final fantasy 7.  I'm about done at just under 40 hours, having completed all the sidequests.  I'm not sure how long FF7 took me, but I'm positive it wasn't 20 hours.  

But more importantly, because it's one part.  The product is called "Final Fantasy 7 Remake".  You can't argue that a remake of Midgar is a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  If it's not a part, then you're saying this product is itself a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  And it's obviously not. 

Ye right on the money, its like 40H vs 25-30H. Depending on the playstyle ofc, but mostly it is like u said.

Well, what is it called doesnt matter at all.Actually it is better like it is now, where we have a promise of future installments. For me its like, ya know, God of War 2 and 3.

The Fury said:
KingofTrolls said:
Do people still talking about" this is only a one part"? Lads, FF7R is over TWICE as long as WHOLE OG ff7.

Because it is. They are making and releasing 2 more parts of this FF7 Re-whatever this is. Just because they extended this part with filler, doesn't mean the next 2 parts aren't being made with loads of filler too.

Not exactly a filler. Remake has its shortcomings ofc, but OG FF7 also had it. Avalanche is non-existent compared to Remake, same story about character deep etc.

KingofTrolls said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, for one thing it's definitely not twice as long as the whole OG final fantasy 7.  I'm about done at just under 40 hours, having completed all the sidequests.  I'm not sure how long FF7 took me, but I'm positive it wasn't 20 hours.  

But more importantly, because it's one part.  The product is called "Final Fantasy 7 Remake".  You can't argue that a remake of Midgar is a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  If it's not a part, then you're saying this product is itself a remake of Final Fantasy 7.  And it's obviously not. 

Ye right on the money, its like 40H vs 25-30H. Depending on the playstyle ofc, but mostly it is like u said.

Well, what is it called doesnt matter at all.Actually it is better like it is now, where we have a promise of future installments. For me its like, ya know, God of War 2 and 3.

Well 40H is around the time I think if you want to do all the sidequests.  If you want to do all the sidequests in FF7, it'd be significantly longer I think... Although a lot of that time would be pure grinding to beat the weapons.

Breaking it into parts isn't necessarily bad, but in this case, I have mixed feelings.  It means adding a lot of content, and that content is very inconsistent in quality.  There are some sequences like Shinra's HQ and Wall Market that are incredibly well done and make the narrative better.  Then, there are some parts where you're just running through tunnels as Barrett for no real reason but to lengthen the game.

JWeinCom said:

Well 40H is around the time I think if you want to do all the sidequests.  If you want to do all the sidequests in FF7, it'd be significantly longer I think... Although a lot of that time would be pure grinding to beat the weapons.

Breaking it into parts isn't necessarily bad, but in this case, I have mixed feelings.  It means adding a lot of content, and that content is very inconsistent in quality.  There are some sequences like Shinra's HQ and Wall Market that are incredibly well done and make the narrative better.  Then, there are some parts where you're just running through tunnels as Barrett for no real reason but to lengthen the game.

You can turn Random Encounters off on PS4/PC, that's a blessing because they appear in a very intrusive way, and are really grindy. Moreover, boss battles,cutscenes are shorter than Remake's. According to YT, I checked the 1st boss battle:

- OG- 2 minutes 5 seconds

- Remake - 8 minutes

Well, they could just call it FF7 Midgar and got their hands clean. I prefer they way SE has chosen.  What can I say about side-quests, well, some of them are really good, like that one with the Journalist, there is some background to them. I think that they handled this good, they are not pure grind, and are not as important to make a player to feel regret not doing them. My opinion, ofc.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
JWeinCom said:

You can turn Random Encounters off on PS4/PC, that's a blessing because they appear in a very intrusive way, and are really grindy. Moreover, boss battles,cutscenes are shorter than Remake's. According to YT, I checked the 1st boss battle:

- OG- 2 minutes 5 seconds

- Remake - 8 minutes

Well, they could just call it FF7 Midgar and got their hands clean. I prefer they way SE has chosen.  What can I say about side-quests, well, some of them are really good, like that one with the Journalist, there is some background to them. I think that they handled this good, they are not pure grind, and are not as important to make a player to feel regret not doing them. My opinion, ofc.

You can turn random encounters off, but if you want to beat Ruby or Emerald, you kind of have to grind enemies to level up materia and characters.  Really hard to beat them without maxed KOTR for instance.

I think FF7 Midgar probably would have been a better title.  Actually I kind of feel like they should of called it FFXVI XD

Good numbers but I'll be honest was expecting a tad bit more.

Soundwave said:

They can't cuz of supply issues caused by the pandemic. It's still out of stock everywhere in the US, well as far as I know. And it sold almost all of its shipment in Japan. It sold 95.9% of all it's 1st shipment in Japan so I'm expecting a huge drop in its 2nd week. Total shipments plus digital sales in Japan are over 1 million already so that means digital sales are already more than 260k. 

source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-3-5-million-in-three-days

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/ff7-remake-well-received-in-japan-despite-lockdown-but-switch-hardware-sales-plunge-as-supply-tightens/

Kowan said:
Soundwave said:

They can't cuz of supply issues caused by the pandemic. It's still out of stock everywhere in the US, well as far as I know. And it sold almost all of its shipment in Japan. It sold 95.9% of all it's 1st shipment in Japan so I'm expecting a huge drop in its 2nd week. Total shipments plus digital sales in Japan are over 1 million already so that means digital sales are already more than 260k. 

source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-3-5-million-in-three-days

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/ff7-remake-well-received-in-japan-despite-lockdown-but-switch-hardware-sales-plunge-as-supply-tightens/

I'm not sure what out of stock means in this scenario though.

Could mean it's just sitting in a warehouse designated for a store that's not open right now.

JWeinCom said:
Kowan said:

I'm not sure what out of stock means in this scenario though.

Could mean it's just sitting in a warehouse designated for a store that's not open right now.

It's out of stock on online stores.