Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF7 REMAKE ships and sells 3.5million in first 3 days

JWeinCom said:

Well 40H is around the time I think if you want to do all the sidequests.  If you want to do all the sidequests in FF7, it'd be significantly longer I think... Although a lot of that time would be pure grinding to beat the weapons.

Breaking it into parts isn't necessarily bad, but in this case, I have mixed feelings.  It means adding a lot of content, and that content is very inconsistent in quality.  There are some sequences like Shinra's HQ and Wall Market that are incredibly well done and make the narrative better.  Then, there are some parts where you're just running through tunnels as Barrett for no real reason but to lengthen the game.

You can turn Random Encounters off on PS4/PC, that's a blessing because they appear in a very intrusive way, and are really grindy. Moreover, boss battles,cutscenes are shorter than Remake's. According to YT, I checked the 1st boss battle:

- OG- 2 minutes 5 seconds

- Remake - 8 minutes

Well, they could just call it FF7 Midgar and got their hands clean. I prefer they way SE has chosen.  What can I say about side-quests, well, some of them are really good, like that one with the Journalist, there is some background to them. I think that they handled this good, they are not pure grind, and are not as important to make a player to feel regret not doing them. My opinion, ofc.

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
JWeinCom said:

Well 40H is around the time I think if you want to do all the sidequests.  If you want to do all the sidequests in FF7, it'd be significantly longer I think... Although a lot of that time would be pure grinding to beat the weapons.

Breaking it into parts isn't necessarily bad, but in this case, I have mixed feelings.  It means adding a lot of content, and that content is very inconsistent in quality.  There are some sequences like Shinra's HQ and Wall Market that are incredibly well done and make the narrative better.  Then, there are some parts where you're just running through tunnels as Barrett for no real reason but to lengthen the game.

You can turn Random Encounters off on PS4/PC, that's a blessing because they appear in a very intrusive way, and are really grindy. Moreover, boss battles,cutscenes are shorter than Remake's. According to YT, I checked the 1st boss battle:

- OG- 2 minutes 5 seconds

- Remake - 8 minutes

Well, they could just call it FF7 Midgar and got their hands clean. I prefer they way SE has chosen.  What can I say about side-quests, well, some of them are really good, like that one with the Journalist, there is some background to them. I think that they handled this good, they are not pure grind, and are not as important to make a player to feel regret not doing them. My opinion, ofc.

You can turn random encounters off, but if you want to beat Ruby or Emerald, you kind of have to grind enemies to level up materia and characters.  Really hard to beat them without maxed KOTR for instance.

I think FF7 Midgar probably would have been a better title.  Actually I kind of feel like they should of called it FFXVI XD

Good numbers but I'll be honest was expecting a tad bit more.

Soundwave said:

They can't cuz of supply issues caused by the pandemic. It's still out of stock everywhere in the US, well as far as I know. And it sold almost all of its shipment in Japan. It sold 95.9% of all it's 1st shipment in Japan so I'm expecting a huge drop in its 2nd week. Total shipments plus digital sales in Japan are over 1 million already so that means digital sales are already more than 260k. 

source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-3-5-million-in-three-days

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/ff7-remake-well-received-in-japan-despite-lockdown-but-switch-hardware-sales-plunge-as-supply-tightens/

Kowan said:
Soundwave said:

They can't cuz of supply issues caused by the pandemic. It's still out of stock everywhere in the US, well as far as I know. And it sold almost all of its shipment in Japan. It sold 95.9% of all it's 1st shipment in Japan so I'm expecting a huge drop in its 2nd week. Total shipments plus digital sales in Japan are over 1 million already so that means digital sales are already more than 260k. 

source: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/04/final-fantasy-vii-remake-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-3-5-million-in-three-days

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/ff7-remake-well-received-in-japan-despite-lockdown-but-switch-hardware-sales-plunge-as-supply-tightens/

I'm not sure what out of stock means in this scenario though.

Could mean it's just sitting in a warehouse designated for a store that's not open right now.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Kowan said:

Could mean it's just sitting in a warehouse designated for a store that's not open right now.

It's out of stock on online stores.

Kowan said:
JWeinCom said:

It's out of stock on online stores.

You're assuming the online stores have access to all of the stock that would have been in store shelves.  When I worked retail, that wasn't the case.  There was a certain amount allotted to stores that would not be sold online.  There are products that showed up as sold out online, that were available in store.

I don't know how stores have changed things to meet the situation.  It's possible that they just put all of the stock into the online inventory, which seems to make a lot of sense.  But... especially in chaotic times like this, what makes sense is not always what happens.  There could also potentially be hiccups in the inventory process that means there could be boxes of copies that were shipped that are still not available in the system.

I'm not saying any of this IS the case, but I'm just saying that what applies in normal situations may not be applicable right now.  

Well deserved sales. The best Final Fantasy game since FF10 came out on PS2. Althought I haven't finished it yet, I think the game is the start of a new era for Square Enix. They stumbled and they fell down a few times since their glory days, but they have truly come full circle with this game. I really hope it fulfils the dream and sells more than 10 mil copies for them, there will be an Xbox and I assume PC edition next year to help with that.

A203D said:
Well deserved sales. The best Final Fantasy game since FF10 came out on PS2. Althought I haven't finished it yet, I think the game is the start of a new era for Square Enix. They stumbled and they fell down a few times since their glory days, but they have truly come full circle with this game. I really hope it fulfils the dream and sells more than 10 mil copies for them, there will be an Xbox and I assume PC edition next year to help with that.

I think it easily does 10 million. That's figures are the first 3 days so surely we can expect 5 million for the first week right? And like you say, that's just ps4. 

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Good sales, personally I'll hold off until the whole saga is available. I imagine there will be some waiting involved...