By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

Leynos said:
Expensive is relative to income and personal expenses. $500 is too much for me. I will have to wait til I can get it cheaper.

I find that consoles on launch aren't worth it, for what it offers at the time. It's only for those that can't contain themselves and must purchase it, those die hard fans, and those impulse buyers. For everyone else, if they can resist, or have no  choice, they still have a backlog of great games to catch up on, that should give them atleast another 2 years of entertainment. Those who can wait it out are usually better off. Having said that , if you wait too long, you end up with cost cutting consoles and slighter cheaper parts and redesign.

Around the Network
Yerm said:
Dallinor said:

I honestly think both New Xbox models will sell pretty evenly. In light of your "110 million gamers claim", thats not entirely accurate. A lot of those sales are from previous owners who wanted to upgrade. They are really looking more at 75-80 million.

-snip-

The PS3 and 360 had cheaper models, they sold poorly in comparison to the premium models.

35 million upgrading their PS4? That's absolutely ridiculous. That's 75% of the total Xbox One install base. Did 12 million Xbox owners upgrade? 

RPGs are growing as a genre and the growth over the past decade has been enormous. 

Sonys first party is stronger than its ever been in the companies history.  

Fortnite, gameplay, the switch, From software? What are you talking about? 

You may be experiencing a seizmic shift in how you perceive the industry, but that perceived change is not reflected in what matters to this discussion, the sales numbers.

They haven't revealed any games for the PS5. Their main focus will likely continue to be on story driven experiences. Playing to their strengths. 

sales2099 said:
Zoombael said:

Pre spin? You just don't understand. That's all.

Have you noticed something peculiar about the PS5 devkit?

I do hope the dev kit is something similar to the final design. Let’s have some variety in console aesthetics 

That's no answer to my question. 

Hunting Season is done...

DonFerrari said:
Jranation said:

Free wifi is being integrated to more places now. You can also call and text using the internet. You can browse the internet, use microsoft applications like word, powerpoint and excel spreadsheet. It also can take high quaity pictures and videos. 

If you want to go that route then consoles also have a lot of free to play games, several apps (including the streaming video services), can browse the internet, HH like PSVita, PSP, DS, 3DS and Switch also take picture, video, etc. So you don't really need to buy games. Also a console is usually held for 6 years (so average is 10 games per console, that would mean 600 in games plus 400 in HW, about the same price of a flagship phone, that usually is changed every 2 or 3 years plus 50+ month for the plan). Your comparison doesn't really favor you.

sales2099 said:

The PS5 spec reveal wasn’t a reaction, MS fortunately happened to go first. But cmon, literally the next day? That’s pure theatre MS squeezed theirs off first. 

You arguing semantics with past consoles being able to stand up. That’s not a “tower” setup. PCs are tower setup....boring and bulky stand up rectangles :). For consoles it’s clearly a departure from tradition, and doubles as being extremely practical for heat venting. The PS5 design should be unique so at least you guys can be as excited as I was in December rather then being obligated to explain how it’s totally normal they are sharing a core look. 

I told you, I all ready know PS will sell more consoles. Still looking forward to seeing the weekly numbers, but I’m all about the Xbox ecosystem going forward. Pre-moved goal posts ;) End of day these rumours don’t help the silence. 

Thanks for admiting it, but on the specific thread several were talking as if it was a reaction and not a coincidence (probably the major reason for the coincidence is that both companies revealed the information they had scheduled for GDC and close to the time GDC would be held so it happened to be consecutive days).

I'm excited about the games that will be released in the next 6 years, not exactly about the looks, but well, some people will be pleased by how the console look, luck them.

I now that you said PS5 will outsell XSX, but if it doubles it then I don't think you'll stay on the site for long =p

You should read back my first reply to the other guy's post. He said a $500 console. Not a $300 or less handheld. Not sure why you bring them in here. And phones are more flexible with plans. You dont have to pay a huge amount upfront like consoles (Xbox is just starting to implement that monthly plan which I think is great and will attract more customers). 

Im not here to say which one is better. Its just people dont realize what you get when you open a $1000 phone to a $500 console. The console recquires you to buy games, while a phone has everything you need without spending any more money. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Bristow9091 said:
Zoombael said:

Yeasure. Copying an obvious design choice, a necessity as DigitalFoundry called it. Thats the same amount BC as claiming the DualSense is a carbon copy of the Xbox controller. Now MS has single handedly invented the tower form factor.

Didn't you know? Before the XBOX Series X reveal, all PC cases were spherical. SPHERICAL!

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
BraLoD said:
Was always locked at $500.

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.

500 is lower than xbox series X price, no questions about it. Microsoft will have another cheap xbox, cheaper than ps5.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I will be surprised if PS5 can actually release this year. Delays seem inevitable due to the virus.

I am 100% sure it launches this year maybe in Japan and USA, and Europe early next year.

Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

Console is low quality, confirmed.

1 - They are not too keen to show the design, obviously it will disappoint

2 - Controller still looks cheap, look at those joysticks, like a Chinese PC controller

3 - Sony always cheapens out, look at the pro against the X, pro has bad cooling, poor battery life, flimsy body not strong like the X, lower specs, no 4K BluRay 

4 - Sony hasn't mentioned cooling when they presented the specs, this means they are not proud of it when they spent half hour talking about 3d audio, its going to be yet again a noisy playstation against a quiet xbox

5 - I am always right, just like when I said its impossible for the ps5 controller to have a screen on it, due to price, and Ill be right again when I said the console can't be small like some people expect it to be as small as a ps4 slim, that's ridiculous, the heating would destroy the console quick.

victor83fernandes said:
Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

Console is low quality, confirmed.

1 - They are not too keen to show the design, obviously it will disappoint

2 - Controller still looks cheap, look at those joysticks, like a Chinese PC controller

3 - Sony always cheapens out, look at the pro against the X, pro has bad cooling, poor battery life, flimsy body not strong like the X, lower specs, no 4K BluRay 

4 - Sony hasn't mentioned cooling when they presented the specs, this means they are not proud of it when they spent half hour talking about 3d audio, its going to be yet again a noisy playstation against a quiet xbox

5 - I am always right, just like when I said its impossible for the ps5 controller to have a screen on it, due to price, and Ill be right again when I said the console can't be small like some people expect it to be as small as a ps4 slim, that's ridiculous, the heating would destroy the console quick.

And xbox has a terrible lineup of exclusives, while sony keep releasing exclusives till the very end. And my ps4 runs super quiet by the way, those that complain of nosie issues have bad ventilation, or should do what i did, clean the damm heat sink and it becomes super quiet.  Yp useem to concerned about build quality. But it's always the first console releases that have the more premium build, before they start cutting costs for later models. 

DonFerrari said:
Jranation said:

sales2099 said:

The PS5 spec reveal wasn’t a reaction, MS fortunately happened to go first. But cmon, literally the next day? That’s pure theatre MS squeezed theirs off first. 

You arguing semantics with past consoles being able to stand up. That’s not a “tower” setup. PCs are tower setup....boring and bulky stand up rectangles :). For consoles it’s clearly a departure from tradition, and doubles as being extremely practical for heat venting. The PS5 design should be unique so at least you guys can be as excited as I was in December rather then being obligated to explain how it’s totally normal they are sharing a core look. 

I told you, I all ready know PS will sell more consoles. Still looking forward to seeing the weekly numbers, but I’m all about the Xbox ecosystem going forward. Pre-moved goal posts ;) End of day these rumours don’t help the silence. 

Thanks for admiting it, but on the specific thread several were talking as if it was a reaction and not a coincidence (probably the major reason for the coincidence is that both companies revealed the information they had scheduled for GDC and close to the time GDC would be held so it happened to be consecutive days).

I'm excited about the games that will be released in the next 6 years, not exactly about the looks, but well, some people will be pleased by how the console look, luck them.

I now that you said PS5 will outsell XSX, but if it doubles it then I don't think you'll stay on the site for long =p

I can tell you don’t care about how the console looks, but if it does end up looking like the Series X I am pretty sure the narrative will adjust to make it seem like it’s no big deal overall when people do care. Sony is a leader, not a follower and this will register on some level.

Ill only go back into my gaming bunker if MS screws up 2013 proportions ;) I don’t see that happening anytime soon. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.