By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

With the Series X tower fan improving airflow by 70% over the already quiet Xbox X and PS4 models having comparatively louder fans, my gut is telling me the PS5 console will either have poor airflow or copy the Series X design. Neither is particularly good for them. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

Why would you? Look at how sophisticated the controller is, for instance. Makes the Series X one look like a 2005 product.

I'm curious how this will be priced in Canada. at 500 dollars, that's currently a 700 dollar bill in Canada at today's exchange rate. That'll be a bit of a hard sell right now.

haxxiy said:
Xxain said:

Why would you? Look at how sophisticated the controller is, for instance. Makes the Series X one look like a 2005 product.

So sophisticated I’m tempted to order a nice red wine rose and buy her the lobster ;) 

(Lol sry but I’m not the one making all the Instagram and Reddit memes. Can’t control what the internet gods provide). 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Huh. Hope that Pro price drop is indeed imminent. Was planning on buying a backup last week, but held off. Would be nice to save a bit. It's still $570 with tax included in my province.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:

Huh. Hope that Pro price drop is indeed imminent. Was planning on buying a backup last week, but held off. Would be nice to save a bit. It's still $570 with tax included in my province.

Xbox One X price already drop down to 299 USD , i can see Sony doing the same thing for the pro and for the regular PS4 

I mean if it is going to be limited supply. They might as well charge $1000. The people who want it at launch to play ps4 ports will pay it.

Potentially over 2 million less units? If true that would be an absolutely huge blow to their momentum, and a massive win for Microsoft. Plenty of customers will pick up an Xbox if a PS5 is simply not available, to jump in to the next gen. Even with the higher price point, as long as there aren't any technical issues or PR disasters, the early adopters will likely clear out that inventory very quickly. So we could be looking at serious shortages. I'm going to have to preorder from multiple sources, I wanted 3 at launch.

Dallinor said:
Potentially over 2 million less units? If true that would be an absolutely huge blow to their momentum, and a massive win for Microsoft. Plenty of customers will pick up an Xbox if a PS5 is simply not available, to jump in to the next gen. Even with the higher price point, as long as there aren't any technical issues or PR disasters, the early adopters will likely clear out that inventory very quickly. So we could be looking at serious shortages. I'm going to have to preorder from multiple sources, I wanted 3 at launch.

Do you really believe that Sony is the only one affected by the Coronavirus?

Both game consoles  are assembled in China.

This article was written by Mochizuki and Furukawa.
Both have written a lot about Nintendo.
Mochizuki is notorious in Japan for his strong hate against Sony.

You should know who the reporter is, not Bloomberg.