By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

ironmanDX said:
$499 for both seems a given at this point. Also...

" Sony Corp. plans to produce far fewer units of its upcoming PlayStation 5 in its first year than it had for the previous-generation console’s launch and it will change depend on he situation"

Is that because of Covid or are they trying to pull what many on this site have called "artificial demand"?

I don't see the point. Both consoles are likely to sell out at launch.

No one artificial demand, because sony and microsoft are fighting for top spot, and the one who sells the most at the beginning, will likely the the top for the whole generation.

Unfortunately the ps5 will have a very advanced SSD drive, so parts will be harder to come by, hence fewer units.

Thats ok by me as Im going to switch to PC next gen.



Around the Network

Was always locked at $500.



BraLoD said:
Was always locked at $500.

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.



HollyGamer said:
BraLoD said:
Was always locked at $500.

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.

than*



"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

SKMBlake said:
HollyGamer said:

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.

than*

ups sorry LOL typo 



Around the Network

Basically, this dev is just saying what everyone already knows.

Well,.except that $549 thing. No chance the PS5 hits the market at a price above $499.



VAMatt said:
Basically, this dev is just saying what everyone already knows.

Well,.except that $549 thing. No chance the PS5 hits the market at a price above $499.

I expect Sony will just follow what ever Microsoft does on pricing for Xbox Series X. 



I will be surprised if PS5 can actually release this year. Delays seem inevitable due to the virus.



The_Liquid_Laser said:
I will be surprised if PS5 can actually release this year. Delays seem inevitable due to the virus.

The problem is to meat certain number of demand , they still probably able to release this year but with some caveat like like the article suggest by lowering the number of unit that they can produce and assembly.  



It's what I was expecting since the beginning so no surprise there albeit the current global situation seems to put the launch date into uncertainty ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909