By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

BraLoD said:
Was always locked at $500.

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
BraLoD said:
Was always locked at $500.

I had this assumption as well until they said they miss some calculation about the price of RAM and jack the price of the BOM up to 450 USD, i bet originally plan they try to aim lower then Microsoft Series X  price.

than*

SKMBlake said:
HollyGamer said:

than*

ups sorry LOL typo 

Basically, this dev is just saying what everyone already knows.

Well,.except that $549 thing. No chance the PS5 hits the market at a price above $499.

VAMatt said:
Basically, this dev is just saying what everyone already knows.

Well,.except that $549 thing. No chance the PS5 hits the market at a price above $499.

I expect Sony will just follow what ever Microsoft does on pricing for Xbox Series X. 

Around the Network

I will be surprised if PS5 can actually release this year. Delays seem inevitable due to the virus.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I will be surprised if PS5 can actually release this year. Delays seem inevitable due to the virus.

The problem is to meat certain number of demand , they still probably able to release this year but with some caveat like like the article suggest by lowering the number of unit that they can produce and assembly.  

Should have "rumour" on the title, and I won't believe it before confirmation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This is welcome news considering the playing field is somewhat levelled and one console simply can’t run away with the gen so quickly.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on