By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - [RUMOR] PS5 potential price are to be expected around 499 to 549 according to game developer and Sony will have limited PS5 supply on it's launch date, PS4 pro and PS4 price cut are imminent

They say to take rumors with a grain of salt, but when all we have to go off of is rumors, thats what we look to believe.

If what we are being told about the New Xbox and PS5 are true, then the PS5 is dead in the water. The New Xbox is looking to be the same price if not cheaper, AND have better reported performance, AND also come in a cheaper $300 model, then who the hell is buying the PS5?

Around the Network
Yerm said:
They say to take rumors with a grain of salt, but when all we have to go off of is rumors, thats what we look to believe.

If what we are being told about the New Xbox and PS5 are true, then the PS5 is dead in the water. The New Xbox is looking to be the same price if not cheaper, AND have better reported performance, AND also come in a cheaper $300 model, then who the hell is buying the PS5?

Everyone in Europe and Asia because existing brand power >>>>>> literally anything wrong that can happen. So they have that cushion. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I find it interesting how people find a $500 price outrageous yet we spend $1,000 in phones.

Yerm said:

Everybody who likes games that are only on Sony consoles. Listen I hate that the PS5 isn't the strongest console but it's strong enough and MS just does not have the games I want. They don't even have simple games like DQXI and Nioh. How the hell did these games not go to Xbox it's weird as hell. Xbox 360 is the system where I played Tales of Vesperia and it became one of the best games I've ever played. Somehow MS just dropped the ball when it came to games somewhere during the 360 gen and until I see a change I'm not buying the console.

Soonerman said:
I find it interesting how people find a $500 price outrageous yet we spend $1,000 in phones.

And most importantly, we use the same console for years and years. Still using my 2014 PS4. Cell phones we change every 2-3 years.

Around the Network
Yerm said:

Not really, you don't need to believe in rumours because there isn't concrete information.

But yes we know there are some people that want to believe PS5 is more expensive, weaker, won't have games, overheat and is delayed by the single fact that Sony haven't showed the console.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Xxain said:
Who cares about price. More rumors that SONY is not on top of it and I question the quality of the console that we will spending 500 bucks on

With the Series X tower fan improving airflow by 70% over the already quiet Xbox X and PS4 models having comparatively louder fans, my gut is telling me the PS5 console will either have poor airflow or copy the Series X design. Neither is particularly good for them. 

Yeasure. Copying an obvious design choice, a necessity as DigitalFoundry called it. Thats the same amount BC as claiming the DualSense is a carbon copy of the Xbox controller. Now MS has single handedly invented the tower form factor.

Hunting Season is done...

The scalping on these things is about to be stupid.

Zoombael said:
sales2099 said:

With the Series X tower fan improving airflow by 70% over the already quiet Xbox X and PS4 models having comparatively louder fans, my gut is telling me the PS5 console will either have poor airflow or copy the Series X design. Neither is particularly good for them. 

Yeasure. Copying an obvious design choice, a necessity as DigitalFoundry called it. Thats the same amount BC as claiming the DualSense is a carbon copy of the Xbox controller. Now MS has single handedly invented the tower form factor.

Ah I see the pre spin emerging. Can’t deny the Series X design is a big departure from traditional console boxes and angular flat rectangles.

Plus it speaks to MSs clear PC roots with the tower look. But to top it off they are first and revealed in December. If Sony unveils the same design...might as well say their entire RnD department just looks to MS for inspiration. It wouldn’t be original and it would scream imitative rather then innovative. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Zoombael said:

Ah I see the pre spin emerging. Can’t deny the Series X design is a big departure from traditional console boxes and angular flat rectangles.

Plus it speaks to MSs clear PC roots with the tower look. But to top it off they are first and revealed in December. If Sony unveils the same design...might as well say their entire RnD department just looks to MS for inspiration. It wouldn’t be original and it would scream imitative rather then innovative. 

As credible as sony reacting to MS reveal, even when show evidence that Sony reveal was know by news people for like over a week and the video was recorded even earlier to be shown on GDC.

Sony completely redesigned their console to look like XSX because the internet loved the look of it right? Shall put together with the rumour of PS5 overheating and thus they aren't showing the console. Not to forget it is overheating because of arrogance kkkk, that was a great rumour and even had one site putting their credibility to say the insider was thrustyworthy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."