By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which PS1 classic should be remade for this or next generation?

Which PS1 classic should be remade next?

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 165 11.55%

Dino Crisis 204 14.29%

Final Fantasy VIII 150 10.50%

Final Fantasy IX 107 7.49%

Final Fantasy Tactics 76 5.32%

The Legend of Dragoon 117 8.19%

Metal Gear Solid 240 16.81%

Parasite Eve 95 6.65%

Silent Hill 215 15.06%

Other: Please leave a comment with choice 59 4.13%

Total:1,428
BraLoD said:
Leynos said:

Neither dislike nor like it. You seem to not understand what mediocre means and think it means bad. It means average. Nor good or bad. Just average. This is clearly a game you played as a young child and so it's a childhood game so there is a lot of personal sentiment towards it. That's cool. However, nostalgia has rose-tinted goggles. Most of us have a game like that. I have been gaming since the 1980s, been on forums for a long long time. LoD, when brought up, is either what went wrong. A curiosity. A small number of folks who like it a lot. A classic is typically something widely loved and well-rated and remembered for years and years. Few remember LoD. More people talk about Xenogears. Suikoden II. Grandia. Panzer Dragoon Saga. These are smaller games not as big as FF7 but still very much remembered for good reason. You could argue LoD is a cult classic with a small but vocal fanbase. A game that got middling reviews. Was not a mass success. Not widely regarded as a great game and often forgotten by most when bringing up the greatest RPGs of that era. It has the makings of what could be a cult classic but not a classic in the same breath as the true greats of the era.

I know I love that game more than anything else, that doesn't have anything do it though, as I said multiple times.

I'm not talking about how much I like it, but how much people are still talking about it.

There is no single way Panzer Dragoon Saga or a single Grandia game are more remembered than LoD. Seems like rose-tinted glasses are having the effect there.

The Legend of Dragoon is about as much talked as Xenogears and Suikoden 2. That's what I'm talking about, maybe you didn't see it yourself but LoD tracks a good amount of attention as those other games you consider classics.

Don't believe me? Well, I just made a research on Google Trends then.

The Legend of Dragoon vs Panzer Dragoon Saga vs Grandia 2

(Worldwide last 5 years)

The Legend of Dragoon vs Xenogears vs Suikoden 2

(Worldwide last year)

(Worldwide last 5 years)

(Worldwide since 2004)

(I know Google Trends is not like some definitive proof of interest, but it is some data)

So as we can see:

Panzer Dragoon Saga doesn't remotely compair, and Grandia 2, the oldest numbered title (so we don't get the whole series data) is also considerably lower than The Legend of Dragoon.

And The Legend of Dragoon tracks about the same as Xenogears and Suikoden 2 currently, with Xenogears having a big spyke around the end on 2017 as the only get away from them.

Also even from as back as 2004 LoD comes higher than Suikoden 2, as an example.

So again, not judging what I or anyone else think about those games personally, The Legend of Dragoon has been getting as much attention or more than those games you consider classics.

Not reading all that bullshit. lol using graphs. That is such flawed logic it's not even worth addressing.

Let it go bro. You love a mediocre game. Cool.

Last edited by Leynos - on 17 April 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Definitely Dino Crisis. A game that no other really managed to recapture what it does.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Leynos said:
BraLoD said:

I know I love that game more than anything else, that doesn't have anything do it though, as I said multiple times.

I'm not talking about how much I like it, but how much people are still talking about it.

There is no single way Panzer Dragoon Saga or a single Grandia game are more remembered than LoD. Seems like rose-tinted glasses are having the effect there.

The Legend of Dragoon is about as much talked as Xenogears and Suikoden 2. That's what I'm talking about, maybe you didn't see it yourself but LoD tracks a good amount of attention as those other games you consider classics.

Don't believe me? Well, I just made a research on Google Trends then.

The Legend of Dragoon vs Panzer Dragoon Saga vs Grandia 2

(Worldwide last 5 years)

The Legend of Dragoon vs Xenogears vs Suikoden 2

(Worldwide last year)

(Worldwide last 5 years)

(Worldwide since 2004)

(I know Google Trends is not like some definitive proof of interest, but it is some data)

So as we can see:

Panzer Dragoon Saga doesn't remotely compair, and Grandia 2, the oldest numbered title (so we don't get the whole series data) is also considerably lower than The Legend of Dragoon.

And The Legend of Dragoon tracks about the same as Xenogears and Suikoden 2 currently, with Xenogears having a big spyke around the end on 2017 as the only get away from them.

Also even from as back as 2004 LoD comes higher than Suikoden 2, as an example.

So again, not judging what I or anyone else think about those games personally, The Legend of Dragoon has been getting as much attention or more than those games you consider classics.

Not reading all that bullshit. lol using graphs. That is such flawed logic it's not even worth addressing.

Let it go bro. You love a mediocre game. Cool.

What flaw and is there? he showed the evidence to support that there is more talk about LoD than PDS and Grandia 2, and near as much with Xenogears and Suikoden 2 (and considering Xeno is still having sequels that say a lot).

Is that just your way of not showing any evidence of your argument not admit you were wrong?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Even thought I never actually played the original (I actually watched the speedrun one time on youtube years ago), Dino Crisis should have a remake.

Proud to be a Californian.

Quartz said:

- Looks like Vagrant Story was already mentioned.
- I wouldn't be disappointed with the original Silent Hill being remade.
- Here is a blind side game I'd like to see remade but would never happen - Suikoden or Suikoden 2!

Edit: My first choice would have been Shadow Hearts... but that was a early PS2 game!

Yes my poll pick was parasite eve but  one of my post picks was Vagrant Story and I was typing in the first 2 Shadow Hearts games but like you remembered this was for PS1.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

You know what RPG that is amazing few have played? Shining Force III. Saturn was loaded (mainly in Japan because Stolar hated Japanese games) with great RPGs.Dragon Force. Princess Crown. Shining Wisdom (kinda reminded me of Ys) Far East of Eden: The Apocalypse IV. Albert Odyssey. Shining the Holy Arc. Magic Night Rayearth. Legend of Oasis. Sakura Wars. Plenty more.

Actually, I have one that I'm not sure if others have mentioned yet. I'd like to see Dragon Quest VII remade with a full 3-D engine on par with XI or at least a HD version of VIII. Yes, I know the 3DS version exists. I'd like to see a full blown Switch and/or PS4 version.

Jumping ahead to PS2 remakes, Dragon Quest VIII is easily the PS2 game I most want to see remade for modern hardware.

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 18 April 2020

SanAndreasX said:

Actually, I have one that I'm not sure if others have mentioned yet. I'd like to see Dragon Quest VII remade with a full 3-D engine on par with XI or at least a HD version of VIII. Yes, I know the 3DS version exists. I'd like to see a full blown Switch and/or PS4 version.

Jumping ahead to PS2 remakes, Dragon Quest VIII is easily the PS2 game I most want to see remade for modern hardware.

DQ8 doesn't need a remake in any way. Simple remaster would work and yeah be nice to have the 3DS version of DQ7 ported to HD systems.

I want to see a remake of Twisted Metal 2 in all the glory of modern day graphics!

FFVIII, it's my favourite game ever and after playing the first part of the FFVII remake, I was often thinking about how an FFVIII remake could be on PS5. I was initially very sceptical about FF remakes, but I think I wouldn't mind several others being remade too. I'll arbitrarily draw a line at FFX, but anything before that one, remake away.