By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - March NPD 2020 Thread: Switch > 1 million

And i remember peoplw thinking the switch would be a bad move, just a shame nintendo's output with new ip's are so bad. Would love to see more games like breath of the wild or xenoblade2!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

After 2 months of declines, we now have all 3 consoles significantly up, especially the Switch with Animal Crossing. Gaming industry was looking dire there for a bit.

Nioh 2 didn't do great, if it was beat by MLB and Persona 5 Royal. A shame because most people are saying it is a significant improvement to Nioh and I certainly am having fun with it. I guess too many exclusives at once.

What are the top years in the US between NSW/x1/ps4/3ds?

tbone51 said:
What are the top years in the US between NSW/x1/ps4/3ds?

PS4 peak year (2015): 5.73m
XB1 peak year (2015): 4.93m

3DS peak year (2011): 4.07m

Switch:
2017-4.87m
2018-5.63m
2019-6.50m

Damn 3DS really never caught on in America did it?

Xbox One was even a lot more successful there.

Last edited by newwil7l - on 22 April 2020

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
Damn 3DS really never caught on in America did it?

Provided that GBA has sold 14m units more than what 3DS has sold there -in a faster pace-, you're right, but 27m units sold aren't bad!

Last edited by tak13 - on 22 April 2020

I'm stunned!
Animal crossing, which is a game that appeals to an audience that hadn't started to jump on switch yet, plus the #stayathome effect ( even xboxone and ps4 have astounding results, given their age ) !
What was wii's and ds' best march results ever?

Last edited by tak13 - on 22 April 2020

tak13 said:

I'm stunned!
Animal crossing, which is a game that appeals to an audience that hadn't started to jump on switch yet, plus the #stayathome effect ( even xboxone and ps4 have astounding results, given their age ) !
What was wii's and ds' best march results ever?

Wii best March was 721K in 2008, DS 701K in 2010.

xl-klaudkil said:
And i remember peoplw thinking the switch would be a bad move, just a shame nintendo's output with new ip's are so bad. Would love to see more games like breath of the wild or xenoblade2!

Yeah hopefully we do get more new IPs. I believe Animal Crossing is the last major Nintendo IP to finally be on the Switch. Their new IPs so far like 1 2 Switch, Arms, Labo and Ringfit have sold quite well. Soo hopefully this is a sign that more is coming. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Insane numbers for the Switch, wow. Animal Crossing has reached a whole new level of system-selling power.