By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who won corona virus 19-20?

Pemalite said:
I feel like a winner. Everyone is staying home, so there are allot less marine rescues, road crash rescues, fires, vertical rescues and so on, able to catch up on my backlog!

Same here, the only time I heard sirens in the past 3 weeks was for that canoe 'rescue' they all jumped on. No playground accidents, fire bans, so quiet outside. I wonder if it holds for the weekend. People are starting to get restless.

Around the Network

Reading more dumb YouTube comments than usual and simply reading YouTube comments. I lost twice.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

DonFerrari said:
S.Peelman said:
Toilet paper companies aren’t the winner though. Toiler paper sales will plummet because everyone now has a year’s supply worth of toilet paper.

Not if they fire everyone and keep production locked for 1 year and them resume next year =p

Its the capatalisitc way.

Who cares if the work force, is layed off during a time of a crisis, when your company is makeing 900% more profits than normal.
Why pay wages if you dont have too? fire them all, shut down plants for abit, and laugh all the way to the banks.

Hopefully after this coronavirus thing blows over, countries will start looking at how much is outsourced to china and start by law enforceing it to some degree.

It isnt healthy that our medicine and PPE is produced in china, at the very least. After this there needs to be laws in EU that state, member states need to buy a certain % medicin locally produced, and for life dependent medicines it should all be made in home markets.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 11 April 2020

With around 60 hours every week in my job (the company I work for is "essential" in this crisis) I would say my bank account.

Not my health, though.

Lafiel said:
padib said:

The planet (Earth)

the planet doesn't care if it's an oasis for life or another barren rock

nature got a lil bit of a breather

What do you know what the planet cares about?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
padib said:

To your original comment. Not true, the planet will take this as a shock too because systems don't exactly like to be suddenly interrupted. There will of course be many positives but there will also be many negatives like plants getting less of the gases they need and less oxygen produced just all of a sudden this spring, dangerous animals having to be killed because they strayed to near the now quiet urban centres, many little things will get missed in these few months and many mistakes will be made such as listings of chemical containers in storage for example being misplaced only to erode into the environment at some point down the line as they are forgotten under compnaies that have gone under.

We will loose professionals in many feilds who have unique qualities or knowledge and can't easily be replaced... so lets say an outbreak happens in an area with a nuclear power plant, Shefield in the UK for example, and it's a gamble if key employees get sick, maybe make mistakes becuase of it or god forbid have two or three key older employees die and the young bloods fuck up with no mentorship, at the very least it puts so many systems in a state of flux.

Alas, everything is in a state of agitated flux right now for better or worse. The planet will get positives but it is so much more likely to get negatives should this all go terribly and irreparably sideways. Like I've been saying for years, life on this planet only survives without severe pain and misfortune for thousands of years, if humans succeed. 

One thing is for sure, shit is about to get really fucking weird on this planet.

Life has survived much more dangerous situations and the planet will go on till it will get absorbed by our expanding dieing sun,humans are more fragile than life as a whole ofcourse but those we evolved from have seen some nasty disasters of nature already.

John2290 said:
padib said:

To your original comment. Not true, the planet will take this as a shock too because systems don't exactly like to be suddenly interrupted. There will of course be many positives but there will also be many negatives like plants getting less of the gases they need and less oxygen produced just all of a sudden this spring, dangerous animals having to be killed because they strayed to near the now quiet urban centres, many little things will get missed in these few months and many mistakes will be made such as listings of chemical containers in storage for example being misplaced only to erode into the environment at some point down the line as they are forgotten under compnaies that have gone under.

We will loose professionals in many feilds who have unique qualities or knowledge and can't easily be replaced... so lets say an outbreak happens in an area with a nuclear power plant, Shefield in the UK for example, and it's a gamble if key employees get sick, maybe make mistakes becuase of it or god forbid have two or three key older employees die and the young bloods fuck up with no mentorship, at the very least it puts so many systems in a state of flux.

Alas, everything is in a state of agitated flux right now for better or worse. The planet will get positives but it is so much more likely to get negatives should this all go terribly and irreparably sideways. Like I've been saying for years, life on this planet only survives without severe pain and misfortune for thousands of years, if humans succeed. 

One thing is for sure, shit is about to get really fucking weird on this planet.

Most of your points are valid but they are speculation, we don't know who is dying and what their trades are, and what percentage of that can truly affect the planet. What we do know for a fact though is that skies in China were becoming clear again (link) and that the waters in Venice were becoming clean again (link).

So I'm not sure you're in a position to say whether my opinion was true or not. State your opinion and please leave mine open.

John2290 said:
padib said:

Your worldview is unique.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

Whoever's behind it

We'll see in following months - or years.

HoloDust said:

Whoever's behind it

We'll see in following months - or years.

She did it