By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who won corona virus 19-20?

S.Peelman said:
Toilet paper companies aren’t the winner though. Toiler paper sales will plummet because everyone now has a year’s supply worth of toilet paper.

Not if they fire everyone and keep production locked for 1 year and them resume next year =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Anonymous1796 said:
Hermits.

Not really. I am one and more people have showed up at my house this week than in a regular month. I stocked up early to avoid going shopping now, yet people insist on helping us out by bringing stuff over. Can't really say no lol, plus the kids like fresh muffins and Easter crap. Yet then my brother in law thinks it's nice to order us pizza (kids love it of course), screws up the online payment, so I have to pay cash at the door for pizza I didn't want, at 2:30 in the afternoon lol. The risk of contamination are very low with pizza delivery, but not zero for something as non essential as pizza for a snack.

My kids are always home now, never a moment alone anymore. When I go to the trails for a run by myself I have to constantly change routes to avoid people. Normally I don't see anyone there, yet since everything else is currently closed it has gotten busy at my regular spots. Teenagers are the worst, screw social distancing, they hang out together, building campfires, leaving beer cans around and tear up the trails with quad bikes.

I want my quiet isolated life back!

SvennoJ said:
Anonymous1796 said:
Hermits.

Not really. I am one and more people have showed up at my house this week than in a regular month. I stocked up early to avoid going shopping now, yet people insist on helping us out by bringing stuff over. Can't really say no lol, plus the kids like fresh muffins and Easter crap. Yet then my brother in law thinks it's nice to order us pizza (kids love it of course), screws up the online payment, so I have to pay cash at the door for pizza I didn't want, at 2:30 in the afternoon lol. The risk of contamination are very low with pizza delivery, but not zero for something as non essential as pizza for a snack.

My kids are always home now, never a moment alone anymore. When I go to the trails for a run by myself I have to constantly change routes to avoid people. Normally I don't see anyone there, yet since everything else is currently closed it has gotten busy at my regular spots. Teenagers are the worst, screw social distancing, they hang out together, building campfires, leaving beer cans around and tear up the trails with quad bikes.

I want my quiet isolated life back!

It is hard to be isolated during isolation periods =p ... here the only social distancing people are practicing is not going to work, because they will stay on the street talking.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Biologists.

Surgical masks producers.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
DonFerrari said:

It is impressive how much shit people give about shitting. Every single crisis and toilet paper is the first thing vanishing from stores. Like, you can do a lot of stuff if your toilet paper is over, but without food and water it is much worse.

It's not every single crisis.  I've been through a hurricane season every year of my life and have hunkered down for an approaching storm at least a dozen times.  I've seen water disappear.  I've seen fights at Home Depot over plywood.  I've seen the entire canned goods section decimated.  I've waited an hour in line to get gas.

I have never once seen toilet paper sold out before last month.  The panic buying for this thing has been uniquely stupid.

Different POV, in Brazil it is aways toilet paper for whatever reason.

I feel like a winner. Everyone is staying home, so there are allot less marine rescues, road crash rescues, fires, vertical rescues and so on, able to catch up on my backlog!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
I feel like a winner. Everyone is staying home, so there are allot less marine rescues, road crash rescues, fires, vertical rescues and so on, able to catch up on my backlog!

Same here, the only time I heard sirens in the past 3 weeks was for that canoe 'rescue' they all jumped on. No playground accidents, fire bans, so quiet outside. I wonder if it holds for the weekend. People are starting to get restless.

Reading more dumb YouTube comments than usual and simply reading YouTube comments. I lost twice.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

DonFerrari said:
S.Peelman said:
Toilet paper companies aren’t the winner though. Toiler paper sales will plummet because everyone now has a year’s supply worth of toilet paper.

Not if they fire everyone and keep production locked for 1 year and them resume next year =p

Its the capatalisitc way.

Who cares if the work force, is layed off during a time of a crisis, when your company is makeing 900% more profits than normal.
Why pay wages if you dont have too? fire them all, shut down plants for abit, and laugh all the way to the banks.

Hopefully after this coronavirus thing blows over, countries will start looking at how much is outsourced to china and start by law enforceing it to some degree.

It isnt healthy that our medicine and PPE is produced in china, at the very least. After this there needs to be laws in EU that state, member states need to buy a certain % medicin locally produced, and for life dependent medicines it should all be made in home markets.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 11 April 2020